• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You God Win Son, And You Lose Some.

a Family Saga

My Dear Friend, Foremost of all friends Jean,
I am afraid this is not simply a social letter,
for I am in grave need of aid. You see
my illustrious friend. While I was sight
seeing the Court of the King of France
I found myself in an argument with the
King himself over the merits of Norman
French, and traditional French. Well,
sufficed to say the King tore the ruffles
on my heavily ruffled shirt, and I spit
roughly 3.5 meters from this royal
personage, and at that there nothing
more either of us could do, other than
war.
So Please dear friend, the only civilized
Saxon I've ever met. Aid me in this time
of war.

Signed, The King of England.

9-1.jpg

Edulf: YOU DID WHAT?!

Jean: A noble and civilized nation needed help, I couldn't refuse!

Edulf: ...This is...the people Jean! They wont stand for it!

Jean: Of course they will, I am there King!

Edulf: You don't understand..you don't know how much they revere dad! What he went through for them, how he fought beside them..

Jean: Blah, blah blah. Dad this, dad that. You are really trying my patience lately Edulf.

Edulf: I am sorry but it's just..

Jean: I am the King, and I say we will be fine. Anyone who says different..is a traitor. Got it?

Edulf: ....yes brother...

*Edulf once again, stomps out*

*Marshal Roger the Norman enters*

Jean: Ah my wonderful Norman Marshal, you are a sight! Are we ready to assist my dear friend?

Marshal Roger: Sire...about that, I have some bad news.

Jean: What?! What is it?

Marshal Roger: Well my liege..most of your Kingdom is up in arms..rebelling..

Jean: How can this be? I am their King! Why would they defy me?

Marshal Roger: They heard the news about war in the name of England, and sire..frankly they rather fight you than England.

Jean: Very well, we shall have to crush them then. Saddle up the Pony Riders.

Marshal Roger: At once sire.

10.jpg

Sadly because of the amount of rebellions, I simply can no longer afford to go to war with France.

11.jpg

No more hunting trips this year.
I'll miss Brokeback Mountain

Especially since it means I have to spend more time with the Mrs.'s...

12.jpg

Jean: Gyda! He was just polishing my shoes!

Gyda: Just like the last 12 guys?!

Jean: No..you just always seem to walk in at bad times!

Gyda: Do you realize you will go to hell?!

Jean: Hell? What's hell?

Gyda: Oh Geeze. When you die, you can either go to Heaven or Hell. Heaven is a nice pretty cloud place with...ah..with PONIES billions of PONIES. And Hell is a dark, fiery ugly place..filled with..Saxons! And no Ponies!

Jean: WHAT?! No POINES? and SAXONS! How do I avoid from going to hell?!

Gyda: First you have to kiss the Pope's butt. He chooses who goes to heaven or hell. Second, there are certain things you are no longer allowed to do...I'll explain them in a bit..

Jean: ...that pope guy..so thats why everyone listens to him..

Jean: Heaven here I come!

(at a later time)

Edulf: Hey, some City-folk and I were talking and there are some silly church laws in place that I think we should ignore.

Jean: What? You talk to city folk?

Edulf: Anyways, dad didn't even build churches for like 20 years so i think this would be a..

Jean: No! God's will must be done! Which is also the will of the Pope and priests!

13.jpg

Edulf: Yeah but...

Jean: I SAID NO! Never question the authority of the Pony-Loving Lord in my presence EVER again!

Edulf: Good hell...

Whats this? A letter from the POPE!
A Crusade? I...fight and kill Muslims..and guarantee myself a place in Heaven?!

Oh yes!

14.jpg

Pony-land here I come!

Edulf: YOU DID WHAT?!!?

---------
Well Jean has new calling in life atleast,
some focus...at last?
(ALSO THERE IS AN EPISODE OF HAROLD IN THE UNDERWOLD ON THE LAST PAGE I POSTED RIGHT BEFORE THIS, MAKE SURE NOT MISS IT)

Last edited:
Enewald said:
Godwinson shall kill them all.
Or they kill him.
But can you kill anyone in the hell? :p
Yeah I've noticed that..I am gonna go with..yes..

In the cannon of Godwinson related media...you can in fact 'kill' someone in hell.

Uh a persons 'body' in hell is just an outgrowth of their soul, and if you destroy the body pretty completely...the soul and body will cease to exist.

But it's a lot harder to kill someone in Hell. Just look at Mr. Skull.

Oh God what a wimp. We WOULD have been better off with Wiglaf!

Let's hope Wiglaf has still ambitions to become the king and a few spare assasin, Jean's such a... Norman!

Fabolous said:
That image just so perfectly represents Harold. Standing alone. Going against incredible odds. And I have no doubt who will emerge the victor. (Or is there still a white peace in hell?)

GODWINSON HO!
Honestly... had he just posted that one picture... it would be the most epic single post of any AAR ever.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Honestly... had he just posted that one picture... it would be the most epic single post of any AAR ever.
Thank you all, I am really pleased with how that picture came out. I captured exactly what I set out too. I'll try to get a few more AAR's up today. However the next episode of 'Harold in the Underworld' will likely be very difficult to draw...so I am not sure if i will be able to complete it today.

Now for Announcement:
ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Alfred Packer posted a very nice review of this AAR in the most recent edition of the AARLander Magazine..thing.

I am curious to see how many people actually end up reading this AAR because of his review. I am sure Packer and the rest of those AAR people would be interested to know the full effect of their efforts as well.

Therefore everyone who reads this, and is here because of his recommendation in the AARLander, please reply to this and say as much.

I realize the AARlander was just posted, so people likely haven't even caught up to this point..and I realize that this announcement might be old and 30 pages back when some people finally reach here...but I don't mind. A random response to this 30 days from now would be just as good as one today!

So please, if through the AARlander is how you got here..stand up, shout out, and be proud of our heritage...or at least tell me.

Thanks!
MtDane

I read it because I read about it there.

I'm always looking for nutty AARs

Long time, with no comment from me - schoolwork bit a large chunk out of my time. :(

It just meant I had alot more Godwinson to read about once it was done! :D

I absolutely love that you continued following Harold into the afterlife - the comics are very well done and HILARIOUS. Especially love Harold's tricking Charon into a long speech!

Harold's son is a worthy character as well... and I love Jean...

Jean: WHAT?! No POINES? and SAXONS! How do I avoid from going to hell?!

Priceless - can't wait to see the havoc the Godwinsons will wreak, both before and in the afterlife!

MechTheDane said:
Thank you all, I am really pleased with how that picture came out. I captured exactly what I set out too. I'll try to get a few more AAR's up today. However the next episode of 'Harold in the Underworld' will likely be very difficult to draw...so I am not sure if i will be able to complete it today.

Now for Announcement:
ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Alfred Packer posted a very nice review of this AAR in the most recent edition of the AARLander Magazine..thing.

I am curious to see how many people actually end up reading this AAR because of his review. I am sure Packer and the rest of those AAR people would be interested to know the full effect of their efforts as well.

Therefore everyone who reads this, and is here because of his recommendation in the AARLander, please reply to this and say as much.

I realize the AARlander was just posted, so people likely haven't even caught up to this point..and I realize that this announcement might be old and 30 pages back when some people finally reach here...but I don't mind. A random response to this 30 days from now would be just as good as one today!

So please, if through the AARlander is how you got here..stand up, shout out, and be proud of our heritage...or at least tell me.

Thanks!
MtDane

Care to give a link? I canät find it anywhere (not familiar with the AARland).

You God Win Son, and You Lose Some.​

A Family Saga

jean3.jpg

WHY! WHY DID YOU LET THEM KILL ME! NEEEEEH!
Nooo! Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

**15 years ago**

Harold: Son, I have a present for you.

Harold Jr.: Fo' me daddy?!

Harold: Yes, a young horse..pony sized. For you to practice your horsemanship with.

Harold Jr.: Powwny, wuts a powwny?

Harold: It's a responsibility and a promise, son.

Harold Jr.: Pwomise?

Harold: Yes, if you take care of this pony, learn to love it...and have it with you when you are all grown up..I'll trade you my kingdom for it.

Harold Jr.: whooooowe kangdum? mee?

Harold: Yes son, It will be the greatest moment of my life. Make me proud son.

Harold Jr. Dadddy wuts powy's name?

Harold: His name is Jean.

And so Harold Jr. took loving care of his precious pony, his promise from his father. And in time he came to love his Pony, the symbol of the bond between him and his dad, between him and manhood.

jean1r.jpg

Eve: Junior! Junior where are you!

Eve: JUNIOR!!!! Oh...here you are.

Harold Jr.: Just taking care of Jean mother.

Eve: You spend time..with...that filthy animal..instead of showing up for your French lessons?!

Harold Jr: French is boring..and Jean misses me when I am away.

Eve: Hmph!

*Eve stomps out*

Harold Jr: I love you Jean.

jean2.jpg

Later that Week.

Harold Jr.: That's a good Jean, you did especially well on the jumps today.

Jean: Neeeeeh

Harold Jr: Tomorrow we'll try an even higher one!

HorseHeadSculpture.jpg

Harold Jr.: Want some more oats?

*Masked man enters*

Harold Jr: Who are you?!

Masked Man: Outta my way kid..

Harold Jr: No..wait..what are you doing to Jean?!

*Masked Man cuts the ponies throat and runs off*

Harold Jr: Jean?! JEAN?!?! WHY NOOOOO

*Harold Jr. cradles his dying pony*

*Eve enters*

Eve: Oh my poor son, what has happened?

Harold Jr: *Sobbing* Moth..mother..somone..just..Jean's...dead

Covered in blood Harold Junior clutches the dead animal. His young sweet tears mixing with the red death-vomit of his fallen companion. Snot drips down his nose into his mouth as he forces his face harder into to his beloved friend's neck. "Please", he whispers. "Please come back." He numbly offers himself to fate, begging for his Horse to be restored to him. But alas, fate watches silently as the poor boy's heart is broken. After what seems like hours he finally tares his face away from dead steed and looks to his mom. His face flushed, and his body trembling with exhaustion he crawls towards her.

Eve: Oh dear. It must have been your father...

Harold Jr.: What?

Eve: Come here my son let momma comfort you.

Harold Jr: Father?!

jean4.jpg

Eve: Yes yes, he somehow heard you were skipping out on your french lessons, and decided to kill your Pony to teach you a different sort of lesson.

Harold Jr: But..his promise...the pony..

Eve: I guess he doesn't care for promises, or ponies. All Saxons are that way, heartless barbarians.

Harold Jr *Crying* but i loved Jean, I loved him so bad..

Eve: Yes, and I love you as much..maybe even more. You're my Jean.

Harold Jr: Your Jean? *sniffs*

Eve: Yes. my secret name for you now on, something respectable and civilized to call you when no one is around. Just stay near me my sweet son, do as I say and I'll make sure those bad bad Saxons never hurt you again.

jean3.jpg

WHY DID YOU LET THEM KILL ME!? I TRUSTED YOU, I LET YOU RIDE ME! NEEEHHHHHH

No..Jean I loved you too..it was dad..he never wanted me to grow up..to be a man..I don't know any more Jean...I've searched everywhere..but no pony is like you...please I couldn't stop him..I was so small...

NEEEEEHHHH
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHH
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHH

Jean: AHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEAN DON'T PULL ME DOWN INTO HELL WITH YOU....STOP NOOoo oh..uh.....*Coughs* I fell asleep in the meeting?

Courier: Yes sire, as I was saying.

15.jpg

Courier: Recently your sister became of age so we should start considering marriage options for her or perhaps we could use her...

*Jean not listing looks out the window*

Jean: My Pony...

----
I love dream episodes.

Last edited:
Thanks. I designate you #1 Godwinson Fan.

Also I was wondering..how did you end up reading this AAR? You said you stumbled here on accident..how does one do that?

Did you think this was like the rest room?

Status
Not open for further replies.