• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DarthJF said:
Has it been stated somewhere if you can use military forces to cut off enemy traderoutes? It would would be neat to starve your enemy by denying his acces to grain and other resources.
I doubt you will be able to "starve" the enemy to submission, however I think the keeping trade routes under your control will be pretty vital. I believe something has been said about blokading enemy ports and thus preventing valuable trade routes coming in. WHich is why having enough ships to control the med should be kinda vital. I also assume that any province occupied by the enemy cannot be used to transport trade through. So occuping certain provinces might serve as a bottleneck, espacially if this can be followed up with naval blokade.

Ohh, I´m so looking forward to this game :)

It looks great, thanks for the list of nations, no I can have a better idea on how I'll play, can't wait

basharious said:
What's wrong with "Kartli"? All of the names of everybody seem to be Latinized; any particular reason? I know the game is Rome-centric, but in our zest for Goliath we must not forget to sympathise with David. :)

Two province Sicily.
Generic unit system.
1000 man Cohorts.
Greek Cohorts.

......sigh......

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that Paradox is making this game. But all the simplistic design decisions the have made is carving a bit of a hole in that happiness.

Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. At least there won't be flaming pigs...

Am I hallucinating, or are the Greek cavalry denoted "Hetairoi"? I assume that this is actually correct, and that Paradox knows more Greek than me, but I must say that cavalry would not be my first association for that word. I foresee many puns in AARs. :D

I was quite puzzled when I read about "Iberia" and "Albania" in the Caucasus, but thankfully wiki helped me out :p

Still looking great :)

*drool*
This may be a 'small' update, but it does have 2 screenshots!

Barbarians
Aedui
Arverni
Atrebates
Aulerci
Cantabri
Carnutes
Eburones
Helvetii
Lemovices
Lusitani
Nervii
Parisii
Sequani
Suebi
Vaccaei
So there will be one German tribe, three Hispanic tribes and twelve Gaul tribes!!!! In my opinion, it is unbalanced.

And it's only including playable factions.

Bogorchu said:
So there will be one German tribe, three Hispanic tribes and twelve Gaul tribes!!!! In my opinion, it is unbalanced.
Look at the second screenie, it truly appears that theres only one two-province german tribe to begin with and every other province for miles is apperently unoccupied?! What do people make of this.....?

Bogorchu said:

Remember that "empty" provinces are not really empty, but full of hostile barbarians. They're just not united under a large tribe.

If I remember correctly, the gauls were much more civilized (I.E. they actually had large, walled towns, construction, paved roads and the like) then the germans, hence why there are more gaulish tribes.

Then again, I would have expected more then 1 germanic tribe myself.

I researched the list of barbarians and only found 1 The Atrebates and possibly another the Parisii that are actually on the British Isles. Personally I was hoping for a few more.

Bogorchu said:

Some Drang Nach Ost, perhaps ;)
Colonising everthing from the rhein to the urals.... while staying friendly with everyone and absorbing civilisation..

noddy102 said:
And it's only including playable factions.

As if paradox has ever included factions that would be theoretically playable but where eft out for some reason or another...

Well rebels i wouldnt count as a playable faction, never holding cities or such with any longterm perspective..

ikki said:
Well rebels i wouldnt count as a playable faction, never holding cities or such with any longterm perspective..
Don´t think that will be 100% true in this game. The barabarian (rebel) hordes for instance....