• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kazmir said:
I don't think there's Cuba as a nation in the game.

ohh i never tried that.Ithought it would be in Napleons Ambition.

GrimPagan: Strange but true. They offered me an alliance- I would have been idiot to not take adventage of it. :p

Capibara: I'll do my best.

To everyone regarding governement & co, I forgot to include that screenshot at the begining:

mexicogovernfw9.png

Note than its now outdated.

Sr. Toledo: Thank you. :) I seriously have no original ideas regarding Oregon, but it would be fun.

henryjai: I have included starting situation, i'll show them again at the end of the game.

mad general: cuba nation no exist in tha game, did u know? ;)

Update comming soon.

Last edited:
-III-​

Mexico on the move​

The leaders of the Mexican revolution where greatly divided when it came to decide how should the young country fight it war. As the whole nation was already liberated, Miguel Hidalgo was in favor of negotiations with Spain. But his most influencial generals where convinced than exploiting Spain's brief weakness by continuing the war even more Mexico could end this war with even more territorial concessions. Even without Hidalgo's white card, the invasion of Florida began on the orders of general Augustin Iturbide, a man wich originally served in the Spanish army but was seducted by the Mexican cause.

floridaqk3.png

augustinvu9.png

Señor Iturbide, a rising star in the Mexican army​

The only fortified cities in the entire florida where the towns of Penascola and St-Augustine. After two brief sieges, the Mexican army quickly took over the colony. A few hundreds of kilometers south of the tropical peninsula, another rebel army advanced forward the capital of the colony of Venezuella, Caracas. The small army marched victoriously on the city after a short battle and the Mexican soldiers where welcomed in the city as liberators.

---​

A few weeks after the victories in Florida and Venezuella, the newly formed Mexican navy was able to serve for what it was created: the conquest of the Carribeans and the domination of the sea of the same name. During 3 months, it sailed from the small city of Miami, Florida, to the nearly undefended Havanna. Another siege began.

carribeansdo0.png

The Carribeans in 1814- really chaotic in my opition.

cubakh9.png

Invasion of Spain's HQ in America, Cuba​

It took 5 months to finish off the walls of the Havanna. The rest of the island fell under Mexican control pretty quickly. After those operations, both camp began to sat on their position. Spain was waiting to Meixico's economy, already pushed to its maximum by the huge war effort, to collaspe, and Mexico for Spanish diplomats to conclude a peace. For nearly a year, almost nothing happened- the Mexican army jumped from Cuba to Hispanola with the help of Haiti and the Mexican navy, and seized the city of Santo Domingo. But a month after the same fleet was nearly anhilated during the battle of the Turk Islands, limitating Mexico's power to strike on the remaining Spanish colonies.

In Mexico City, Miguel Hidalgo was becoming old. The generals, even if respectfull of him, where now controlling all the Mexican army without listening to his opinion. During all the year 1816, his role was limited to the gestion of the country, but he still remained as a very popular figurehead.

palaciory7.png

The Palacio Nacional of Mexico, where Hidalgo is ruling while the generals are conquering.

---​

In spring 1817, Mexico itself, wich has been free of any battles since 1813, was awoken by a serious surpise: having regrouped in the still occupied British Honduras, the Spanish forces regrouped themself in a last attempt to take the control of their former colony. The governors of the southern provinces where worried and shocked by the incredible news of the arrival of 15.000 Spanish regulars, equiped with shiny new equipement.

counterattackxp5.png

Ooops​

In April 1817, the arrival of an equal number of Mexicans stoped the advence of the colonial army. This same army was later pushed back to the seas and encircled, to finally be destroyed.

During the 1817 summer, a new Mexican squadron was ready to sail forward to Hispanola. The army left over there wasnt completly isolated from its motherland as they could communicate via the neutral but Mexican-friendly Haiti. The small fleet led the troops on the last Spanish-controled island of the entire Carribeans, Puerto Rico. San Juan, the capital, fell in October.

---​

Last edited:
It seems Spain won't be able to stop Mexico, the caribbean will me mexican soon, although that Spanish attack in Central America was quite a scaring surprise. This AAR is making me think of buying NA.

the newly formed Mexican navy was able to serve for what it was created: the conquest of the Carribeans and the domination of the sea of the same name. During 3 months, it sailed from the small city of Miami, Florida, to the nearly undefended Havanna. Another siege began.

thanck you for using my idea good game

mad general said:
the newly formed Mexican navy was able to serve for what it was created: the conquest of the Carribeans and the domination of the sea of the same name. During 3 months, it sailed from the small city of Miami, Florida, to the nearly undefended Havanna. Another siege began.

thanck you for using my idea good game

It was already done before you posted it, sorry to deceive you.

And no there is no Texas in EU3, but there will be one in Victoria (2nd part of the AAR). :)

General_Grant said:
It was already done before you posted it, sorry to deceive you.

And no there is no Texas in EU3, but there will be one in Victoria (2nd part of the AAR). :)

its alright this is 1 of the best aars ever.

Nicely done so far! Great graphics too. Interesting to see Mexico so early. Good luck with this one.

Thank you all for the positive comments. However this first but small part of the caimpaign is near to it end, 10 years in EU3 are very short. :(

And btw, why would I'd want to make Texas independent? :confused: It a righfull part of my Empire! :p

______________________________________________​

1818 begun without any importants battles. Spain was unable to send more troops to the fight, and Mexico's range was limited to the Americas. In spring 1818, representatives of the Spanish governement contacted the Mexicans via the non-belligerants United States of America. The King of Spain was ready to recognize the entire independence of Mexico, but not to scede any bit of land. The negotiations continued for all the summer and most of autumn before the two factions would agree a peace term. Miguel Hidalgo was tired of this conflict, and was open to a simple recognition of independence. But the military was strongly opposed to let espace all their conquests, slowing down the negotiations.

The 18 of December, 1818, both countries finally reached an agreement.

mexicofk3.png

Peace was officially signed at Córdoba, near Veracruz. The treaty of Córdoba officialized the independence of Mexico, and its recognition by Spain. The colony of Florida would also be sceded to the new nation, ending the last Spanish presence in North America.

After 8 years of war, the independence of Mexico was finally gained. However, its political system was not clearly established. Both conservatives and liberal factions where preparing for a long struggle for the domination over the country, a struggle than would last for all the following century.

---​

Alas, less than a month after those glorious events, Miguel Hidalgo, father of the Mexican independence and priest of Dolores, passed away at the age of 65.

Last edited:
You got a nice peace from Spain, now you should be prepared for the US and I agree with you, Texas is a rightful part of the Empire!

- V -

Succession crisis​

With the death of Hidalgo, another problem appeared: his succession. The personality of the priest of Dolores, along with his national prominance as announcer of the Declaration of Independance and his religious one, due to his position of priest, permitted the consensus between the liberal and conservative factions within the revolutionary leaders. Despite the tensions provocated by Hidalgo's reticence towards Mexican expansionnism, most of the military leaders, such as Ignacio Allende, Nicolás Bravo, Vicente Guerrero, Marcos Escobedo, José Mariano Michelena, Guadalupe Victoria, and the distinguished hero of the conquest of Florida, Agustin de Iturbide.

Independant Mexico had still not a Constitution, and Liberal and Conservatives were still divided about the nature of the future Mexican regime. Hidalgo himself made first his revolt in order to overthrow the chauvinist juntas, still faithful to the rightful king of Spain, Fernando VII, but after the final defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo in 1815 and the return of the Bourbon king to his Spanish throne, the Spanish counter-attack in Nicaragua obliterated his minds. Liberals were proponent of a Republic built on the principles of the French philosophers, inspired from the United States, while the Conservatives wanted a kingdom ruled by a prince of the Bourbon family, or any noble from any European dynasty.

In order to act as rulers of the country while politicians were drafting the Constitution, a military triumvirate composed by Vicente Guerrero, Ignacio Allende and Agustin de Iturbide took his functions.

198px-Guerrero_vicente.jpg
allende.jpg
Iturbide.jpg

The military triumvirate: Guerrero, Allende and Iturbide

During the two years that followed the death of Hidalgo, another problem raised in Mexico: the Indians' rights. Even if the equality between all Mexicans was a key project in Hidalgo's minds, it was in fact far to be true: former New Spain was independant, without political infrastructure and huge, and the landowners still had a considerable power in some regions. Freeing the Natives would begin a civil war, more terrible than ever. The priest and follower of Hidalgo, José Maria Morelos, launched a proclamation, at the Chilpancigo National Constituent Congress, establishing Mexican independence, the Catholic religion, creating the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government, declaring respect for property, abolishing, slavery and all class and racial social distinctions in favor of the title "American" for all native-born individuals, along with torture, monopolies and the system of tributes were also abolished. Unfortunately, he was assassinated by an Conservative in 1819: some said that Iturbide hired the murderer to avoid to lose the support of the Conservative class.

Mexico.JoseMariaMorelos.01.jpg

José Maria Morelos

In 19 May, 1820, after two years of unfruitful and violent debates for a Constitution, and fruitless negociations with European royals, the triumvirate decided to look after a compromise: Mexico would be a parliamentary monarchy, inspired by the United Kingdom, with the public institutions that stood in New Spain, but the monarch will be a Mexican general, raised from the military and the Independance War: this was inspired by Napoleon.

revemplb1.png

And the chosen one admired Napoleon's example, and like him, finally arise in a military triumvirate: he was reluctant, as he was sincerely believing that a monarchy without royal blood would be ridiculous, and even if he was the right man for the job, he was still hindered by the will of his fellow generals, who gave him a throne but with some reticence.

This man was Augutus the First, Constitutional Emperor of Mexico, from the dynasty of Iturbide, who was 36 and had yet eight children. Crowned by the archbishop of Mexico City, he was incarnating a new dream: not only the dream began by Napoleon of a new Caesar, a general becoming emperor, but of a Latin and Catholic Empire in America, to respond to the rising Anglo-Saxon and Protestant Republic in America, the United States.

Emperor_Agustin_I.JPG

Agustín I of Mexico