• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey everybody, I need a favor.

A second person has notified me of an indentical problem with the SRTDD mod. Since CA is a kissin' cousin files-wise, I thought I'd post it here.

The error occurs with the mod activated while the game tries to load up the "Southern Road to War" scenario. To wit:

aiprefs:unexpected field)' maxstaging-distance=15 lines = 781 = ai\Eng_1936.ai

No matter what you choose, they tell me, the game crashes.

I'm completely stumped because:

1) I didn't change those lines in the file.

2) I can't replicate the error.

So my questions for y'all are:

1) Is anyone playing the mod and NOT getting this error?

2) Is anyone else playing the mod AND getting this error?

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving this issue!

CSABadass said:
The error occurs with the mod activated while the game tries to load up the "Southern Road to War" scenario. To wit:

aiprefs:unexpected field)' maxstaging-distance=15 lines = 781 = ai\Eng_1936.ai

No matter what you choose, they tell me, the game crashes.

I'm completely stumped because:

1) I didn't change those lines in the file.

2) I can't replicate the error.

So my questions for y'all are:

1) Is anyone playing the mod and NOT getting this error?

2) Is anyone else playing the mod AND getting this error?

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving this issue!

Ive had similar notices from people using my mod in the past as well and like you - only a few here and there. Smilarly, I also have not edited that part of the file either.

Recommend a fresh install I guess. I'll have another look at those lines later on and see if I can see anything wrong.

HMS Enterprize said:
Ive had similar notices from people using my mod in the past as well and like you - only a few here and there. Smilarly, I also have not edited that part of the file either.

Recommend a fresh install I guess. I'll have another look at those lines later on and see if I can see anything wrong.

Thank you very much for the post and the assist! You remain the cream of the modder class, good sir.

I have just checked the relevant file in the latest DL of your mod and like mine, cannot see anything wrong.

This is a problem I never found any explanation for, to this very day. Although I have not had a report of this for quite a while now- which just adds to the oddity.. :rolleyes:

HMS Enterprize said:
I have just checked the relevant file in the latest DL of your mod and like mine, cannot see anything wrong.

This is a problem I never found any explanation for, to this very day. Although I have not had a report of this for quite a while now- which just adds to the oddity.. :rolleyes:

I'm just as confused. Countless iterations of the mod, nearly 1K downloads with no problems, and now two occurences of this in a week...but only for *some* users. WTF?

At any rate, thanks for the help!

I have the latest version of the game and other than a few changes to the unit.csv file I have no changes to the mod. It loaded and workd fine for me. If it helps I downloaded from the link where it doesn't redirect you to another website. The load, save, cancel, screen just pops up. Have you aske the people that are having problems where they downloaded the game from? Perhaps one of the downloads is slightly corupted?

Micah Goodman 2 said:
I have the latest version of the game and other than a few changes to the unit.csv file I have no changes to the mod. It loaded and workd fine for me. If it helps I downloaded from the link where it doesn't redirect you to another website. The load, save, cancel, screen just pops up. Have you aske the people that are having problems where they downloaded the game from? Perhaps one of the downloads is slightly corupted?

The savefile.com link, I presume?

It does seem to be a corrupted DL problem, as your post helps confirm. I'll investigate further with that knowledge.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi, you answered me back about my HOI CSA game. I did as you said and downloaded the armageddon version, deleted the AI folder, and I'm still this message, the same as before -
Critical Error couldnt open file: scenarios\stdd/vp. inc

Ive tried everything, and I cant get the CSA game to load. Can you think why it wont let me play it?

One other thing, when I was following the directions, I pasted the jsgme and mods file in the C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday folder. Should I have pasted these in one of the other subfolders within this one like the scenarios folder or other ones? Also I only pasted the jsgme and mods files, should I have pasted everything even though you said it was only necessary to have those two? Other than that I'm at a loss for trying to figure out why this didnt work. :confused:
Thanks \

Italianoman421 said:
Hi, you answered me back about my HOI CSA game. I did as you said and downloaded the armageddon version, deleted the AI folder, and I'm still this message, the same as before -
Critical Error couldnt open file: scenarios\stdd/vp. inc

Ive tried everything, and I cant get the CSA game to load. Can you think why it wont let me play it?

First of all, if you're getting a reference to "SRTDD," that's the old version of the mod. Try the current version "Confederate Armageddon."

We've pretty much established your current problem stems from a corrupted download. Sadly, all you can do is delete your current version and keep trying other downloads until you get one that works. Downloading from the other link would probably be a good idea as well.

I appreciate your patience, and I sincerely hope this will be the remedy for you.

Italianoman421 said:
One other thing, when I was following the directions, I pasted the jsgme and mods file in the C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday folder. Should I have pasted these in one of the other subfolders within this one like the scenarios folder or other ones?

No, you did the right thing. It just seems you have the old version of the mod, and a corrupted one at that.

Thanks for your quick replies. Where can I get the latest updates of the mods? I downloaded both of the ones that are were linked to your messages, and still got that STDD message. Is there another site I can go to get the most recent version? From what I can tell from the downloads and what you said, both links are giving me corrupted and outdated files.
Thanks

I just checked your Tech information and saw about Filefront.com, but unfortunately I couldnt find any CSA downloads. I went to the homepage, clicked the games tab, and they only had Hearts of Iron 2 under the game options, not armagedden or Doomsday. And even there, downloads were limited to screenshots and diffrent non-CSA patches that only corrected bugs. Am I navigating the site wrong or is there another place for updated and hopefully non-corrupted files :)
Thanks

Italianoman421 said:
I just checked your Tech information and saw about Filefront.com, but unfortunately I couldnt find any CSA downloads.

Click on the links below in my sig. They'll take you directly to the download pages.

Ummm..

I conquered the US in the last game I had(in 41, on the side ofthe allies), well after annexing them, I liberated California, and then the US....

And the US *seems* to have cores/claims on the Sequoah(sp? It's the Native American nation) nation.

Any reason why?

The game still refuses to load. I'm still getting the STDD error. I went to the provided link and downloaded a CSA file dated 3/31/07. Are there other links, the ones in your sig wont allow me to play? Or can you think of any other way to get the game to play?

Nietzsche said:
Ummm..

I conquered the US in the last game I had(in 41, on the side ofthe allies), well after annexing them, I liberated California, and then the US....

And the US *seems* to have cores/claims on the Sequoah(sp? It's the Native American nation) nation.

Any reason why?

That shouldn't be. I'll check the files when I get home and--if need be--correct them.

Thanks for the post!

Italianoman421 said:
The game still refuses to load. I'm still getting the STDD error. I went to the provided link and downloaded a CSA file dated 3/31/07. Are there other links, the ones in your sig wont allow me to play? Or can you think of any other way to get the game to play?

The mod is only available at the two links in my .sig file. If you have a big enough inbox, PM me your email address and I'll mail you a copy.

In any case, there shouldn't be an "SRDD" error, because I've never had a folder by that name in any of my mods. There WAS an "SRTDD" folder in the old mod. Are you *sure* that's what it says?

At any rate, the download(s) is corrupted. If you could tell me which links are giving you crap DLs, I can try to re-upload the files there.

Sorry for all the trouble.