• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
canonized said:
Judas Maccabeus: XD Thank you sir ! Yeah , a dark chapter ! I was also hoping you would have picked up on some of the Christian imagery in the second half of the main chapter before the interlude though XD Sloppy ! har har har XD

To be fair, I rather skimmed the second half of the post due to time constraints (it was Thanksgiving by the time I ran across it, after all, and thus I obviously had things to do which are even more important than this.)

trekaddict said:
I agree, a seriously creepy update. Also: bump!

I felt it was appropriate ; speaking of which I'm going to rewatch The Ring tonight XD partly an inspiration to the atmosphere .

Judas Maccabeus: Haha don't worry , I'm lucky I got this out before Thanksgiving dinner happened ! I had a great Turkey hope you had some good stuff too !

ForzaA said:
“Zey... ahhh.... thools...”

..For some reason, this (Zeratul, rather than "they are tools"), in combination with parts of the description, makes me think that the "enemy" is the Protoss, specifically dark templar :eek:

Hmm, interesting... But then, I haven't seen much that indicated the Protoss connection to the earlier adversaries, notably the Nazi's. Any good conspiracy links EVERYTHING, and I do not see Katarina in it either. She's decidedly human, I'd say.

(Do Protoss women even exist? :wacko: )

Plus, it's overused as a trick; what I find much MORE interesting is that Mecca is a source of knowledge on the Others, and that going to Madrid seems like a good idea too; Sure, Madrid is the heart of Spain, but is there any deeper significance? Anyone know a direct link between Mecca and Madrid? :)

They start with "M".
Another word that starts with "M" is Mutalisk.
Hence, Mecca and Madrid are secretly Zerg Hives.
:p

Avernite said:
Hmm, interesting... But then, I haven't seen much that indicated the Protoss connection to the earlier adversaries, notably the Nazi's. Any good conspiracy links EVERYTHING, and I do not see Katarina in it either. She's decidedly human, I'd say.

(Do Protoss women even exist? :wacko: )

Plus, it's overused as a trick; what I find much MORE interesting is that Mecca is a source of knowledge on the Others, and that going to Madrid seems like a good idea too; Sure, Madrid is the heart of Spain, but is there any deeper significance? Anyone know a direct link between Mecca and Madrid? :)

Painfully wise , Avernite :D There is indeed some kind of meaning there . It was something that I was hinting to JM at earlier ! You're at the cusp of cognition !

ColossusCrusher: Haha , as much as I'd love to have cameos like that , I don't know how I can ever make it possible XD

They are both religious and cultural centers of faiths with mandate to evangelize the world, if that's what you're driving at...

I continue to enjoy my (regrettably slow) catching up!

Avernite said:

I should have formulated more carefully..

"made me think of the Protoss as enemies"

TheHyphenated1 said:
They are both religious and cultural centers of faiths with mandate to evangelize the world, if that's what you're driving at...

I continue to enjoy my (regrettably slow) catching up!

A bit close , but there are clues in what Amatallah says about their relationship XD

ForzaA: The Protoss connection is indeed interesting but I think the truth is going to be so much more fun for you guys XD

FELLOWLOGO.gif

YEARBOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Once again today the Tempus Society would like to congratulate and honour a new Fellow ! Today's honouree has worked tirelessly on his AAR and has shown himself to carry the dedication for his work that pays off in droves and has produced an excellent piece of work which helps to capture the AARland spirit of alternate history literature !

Today we welcome trekaddict author of Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two as the newest Fellow of the Tempus Society !

Cradling a joy of history , especially of the period of WW2 which is so indicative of our brothers in the HOI2 sub-forum , while maintaining a penchant for adventure and romanticism , trekaddict's AAR is one of the most beloved in HOI2 today . As many of his friends (some of whom are already in Tempus) would attest , his writing makes him more than qualified to be the next Fellow of the Tempus Society . Whether it's writing about the dangers of a Soviet push into Germany , a spy operation that includes some beloved cameos , to tear jerking narratives of the most famous battleships of the era , trekaddict knows his craft and spends hours at a time honing it .

As for him personally , trekaddict has worked tirelessly on the AARlander for several months now and has always shown himself to be gregarious and friendly . A man with integrity and passion , he exudes the qualities we believe will make him an excellent Fellow and someone who can help to carry the torch of philanthropy in AARland . Today we welcome and honour you , trekaddict , so please take a bow !

I am not very good at writing actual speeches of my own so I will keep this brief. I am deeply honoured that I was chosen as a member of this illustrious society. I am also very much surprised that I was considered, as I wasn't of the opinion that my work was, or rather is, outstanding enough. However, I was never one to look a gifted horse in the mouth, so I gladly accept. As stated, this is a great honour, and I hope I can continue to live up to expectations. I've been encountering the other Fellows here and there for a while now and I always wondered what the whole thing was all about, and now I know it. I hope I can contribute to the society and be a valuable member of the team so to speak, because I can still hardly believe that my pieces of amateur writing have attracted such a readAARship. While reading the charter a while ago I noticed that the bit about helping the others is true, because everyone has a bit of knowledge someone else needs, and I hope I can add to that. Considering that the whole idea for my current and IMHO best AAR started simply because I was bored one day, went into the files and noticed that there is the option for the Soviets to ally the Germans it is very much surprising to become a member of such an illustrious society.

Congrats, trekkaddict! Next time you need a speech, I'll tell Peti to write one for you. He write mines, and no one notices it :D

Well choosen, Canonized!

Uber creepy :eek:

Too bad Giles took the words right out of my mouth. They second I heard, whatshisface, I kept screaming "they are tools" too bad the ending ruined it. :p

And a deadly russian, who would have guessed?

And who could that deadly voice be? Someone we know, or a new character?

comagoosie said:
Uber creepy :eek:

Too bad Giles took the words right out of my mouth. They second I heard, whatshisface, I kept screaming "they are tools" too bad the ending ruined it. :p

And a deadly russian, who would have guessed?

And who could that deadly voice be? Someone we know, or a new character?

:D glad you enjoyed it ! The connection between the assassins and Russia will be teased out in the coming updates XD As for who the voice could be .. who else do you remember acted as 'the voice' in the previous seasons ? XD

Go trekkie!

Avernite said:
Madrid and Mecca versus Moscow? ;)

haha , a fun piece of alliteration but I don't think the Persians are keen on helping Spain ; in fact , it would most likely be the other way 'round .

Well after the break I'm back reading this epic tale. And thanks once more for your help with getting back on track. The story with it's two timelines and many characters is so large that I were little afraid, that after couple months of absence I might have no idea where things were going in where I left.

Just got through Chapter XLI: Princes and Princesses and writing was as strong as ever. In this and previous chapter I have really liked the character of Alvaro. The Star Wars geek inside me keeps drawing parrels between the meeting between him and Cardinal DeWitt, and that of Anakin Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn. I just hope that Alvaro dosen't grow into an angsty teenager and turn against the Spanish Empire and Holy Mother Church! :rofl:

I espescially liked the darker mood that Cardinal was in after his confrontation with Zio, and how this selfleslly acting cheery little boy was able to lighten him, even after all the hardship that Cardinal have been through in his guest against Zio.

PS: And that MTG card of Timepiece between updates was neat. And the three ways of using it was some interesting info. I'll have to ponder more about that and make some theories.

Wow amazing feedback :D let's dig into this !

DarthJF said:
Well after the break I'm back reading this epic tale. And thanks once more for your help with getting back on track. The story with it's two timelines and many characters is so large that I were little afraid, that after couple months of absence I might have no idea where things were going in where I left.

I'm really glad you're back and I'm glad you're on track with it :D !

Just got through Chapter XLI: Princes and Princesses and writing was as strong as ever. In this and previous chapter I have really liked the character of Alvaro. The Star Wars geek inside me keeps drawing parrels between the meeting between him and Cardinal DeWitt, and that of Anakin Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn. I just hope that Alvaro dosen't grow into an angsty teenager and turn against the Spanish Empire and Holy Mother Church! :rofl:

Uh oh you may have foreshadowed something XD You'll have to see !
I espescially liked the darker mood that Cardinal was in after his confrontation with Zio, and how this selfleslly acting cheery little boy was able to lighten him, even after all the hardship that Cardinal have been through in his guest against Zio.

It was definitely one of my favourite arcs to write about . The whole terror between Zio and the Cardinal and then the innocence of youth being involved .
PS: And that MTG card of Timepiece between updates was neat. And the three ways of using it was some interesting info. I'll have to ponder more about that and make some theories.

Thanks XD It was definitely fun ! And yes those options are real to the Timepiece so definitely something to ponder about XD

canonized said:
Judas Maccabeus: XD Thank you sir ! Yeah , a dark chapter ! I was also hoping you would have picked up on some of the Christian imagery in the second half of the main chapter before the interlude though XD Sloppy ! har har har XD

I picked up on it. A prescient observation, that...one would wonder whether the debtor actually took hold of the gift offered or merely wished to 'hold on' to the promise of action rather than the substance thereof...but, such knowledge is generally not revealed to friends and neighbors...and we must, instead, look for the works of his sanctification to give us evidence of his acceptance of the manumission.

All that aside, I felt a surge of confidence in realizing that I correctly surmised that Natasha was not to be trusted...

Hanging off the cliff...
TheExecuter