• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you pronounce the "zy" in Rzym? In Russian and Ukrianian we call Rome "Rem" (with a long e)... that is why I can never learn Polish even though I'm Polish by blood, using latin letters for Slavic sounds and grammer confuses the heck out of me.

Last edited:
EU3_53.png

More ship madness, after the war betwin italy/porto - spain (spain sunk most of mine and italys fleet).....denmark catched up in the ship building

and screw the suport limit......
EU3_55.png

osh said:
I'm 99% sure that in Russian Rome is Rim (Рим), not Rem.

"и" is pronounced exactly like an American-English "e" (long e that is).

i, as in "eh", would be Э. ;)

Who said EU3 isn't historical?

historical%20poland%20r.jpg

Wait, the king of Sweden wasn't of sound mind? *cough*

mecklenburg%20smart.jpg

I think the AI doesn't get the definition of "sound mind".

tunisia%20smart.jpg

Way to start, Aragon.

aragon%20smart.jpg

Man, i can't afford 9, only 1489.

too%20expensive.jpg

The forgotten African Reformation. This happened the month after i colonised it.

protestant%20africa%20r.jpg

Rabble rabble! The rebels rebelled against the rebels.

rebel%20rebel%20r.jpg

You're just casually playing the game and than you see this and shit your pants.

ming%20ftw.jpg

(I'm fairly certain they either signed a White Peace or Ming got 1 or 2 shit provinces).

Count the CoTs in Northern France.

I hate it when the AI does this. Since most of these trade zones are almost worthless, I think there should be a chance that they randomly get demolished so that the remaining ones are worth competing in. Also I always see the AI building trade zones in newly conquered provinces, just because those provinces are in obscure places, but then they get the non-core COT penalty of 50 years :wacko:

Haftetavenscrap said:
I hate it when the AI does this. Since most of these trade zones are almost worthless, I think there should be a chance that they randomly get demolished so that the remaining ones are worth competing in. Also I always see the AI building trade zones in newly conquered provinces, just because those provinces are in obscure places, but then they get the non-core COT penalty of 50 years :wacko:

But it makes perfect sense if the country is not a trading nation- I do the same. And the more trading centers, the better for the owner- those 9 trading centers give 540+ ducats per year even if i don't trade in them.

Haftetavenscrap said:
I hate it when the AI does this. Since most of these trade zones are almost worthless, I think there should be a chance that they randomly get demolished so that the remaining ones are worth competing in.
This is how it's supposed to work, I believe; see _EDEF_COT_STAGNATION_LIMIT_ in defines.txt.

Besides, it's not a bad strategy if you're not a trader; you get 10 base tax for every COT (eat your heart out, workshop) and you screw over anyone who is a trader.

Oh, and;
Zandros said:
How do you pronounce the "zy" in Rzym? In Russian and Ukrianian we call Rome "Rem" (with a long e)... that is why I can never learn Polish even though I'm Polish by blood, using latin letters for Slavic sounds and grammer confuses the heck out of me.
Sexiest alphabet ever