• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Second Place : Frankfurt
An oldie but goodie.

names5.png

Citizen 1 - I hear that the new Lord Protector of Frankfurt is one August Dude.
Citizen 2 - I think most Lord Protectors are august dudes.
Citizen 1 - No, the last one was an Albrecht Achilles von Braunschweig-Lüneburg, dude ...
Citizen 2 - That's the longest name I've ever seen, but I'm pretty sure his last name wasn't "Dude".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjuVvluaPEI

Everyone, let's not argue about a bunch of randomly-generated names in a computer game. But since we're on that topic ...

Strange Screenshots Episode VII : Rulers with Funny Names

Let's begin a little closer to home. Well, as close to my home as possible without actually being there, anyway.

Consolation Prize : Scotland
A land where people have a habit of having the same first name and last name.

names1.png

Third Place : Russia
Another land of people likewise possessing the habit of having the same first name and last name, as well as several interesting first names...

names3.png

When I read this name on my screen I thought for a moment ... Perestroika! Glasnost!
And I realised then that I wasn't very good at reading names.

names2.png

But this ruler is truly something special. You could even say ... he was the King of the Romans!

Random Honourable Mention : Laos

names4.png

Joy! A pretender, I mean, king has ascended! Happy happy, joy, Joy, joy!

Second Place : Frankfurt
An oldie but goodie.

names5.png

Citizen 1 - I hear that the new Lord Protector of Frankfurt is one August Dude.
Citizen 2 - I think most Lord Protectors are august dudes.
Citizen 1 - No, the last one was an Albrecht Achilles von Braunschweig-Lüneburg, dude ...
Citizen 2 - That's the longest name I've ever seen, but I'm pretty sure his last name wasn't "Dude".

The Winner : Gotland
I think it's safe to say that while Gotland has been the subject of much humour from PI, they also have the great fortune of being blessed with the most awesome ruler names. And ship names, too. But mostly the ruler names.

names6.png

Natt och Dag. Second most awesome last name for a king. Just that little more awesome than "von Braunschweig-Lüneburg", the last name so long that it can't even be printed in the nation's status screen. But it just pales in comparison to this last one.

names7.png

My King, what would you like to have printed in the press release? "A King has ascended!" "Gotland's Monarch is the King of Kings" "King Me" "All Hail King King!" "Born to be King!"

I just can't wait to be King.

EDIT : Grammar, can I has it.

Now we just need Biggus Dikkus
[video=youtube;2K8_jgiNqUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc[/video]

I just saw this today.

names8.png

It's a bit strange since Aladdin sounds like a Muslim/Arabic name, but he's the king of a Hindu Hindustan formed from Vijayanagar. Oh well.

Mister Aladdin, Sir, what will your pleasure be?

I didn't even know "Aladdin" was a real person's name, let alone a name of a king. Now I can't stop singing Disney songs.

Prince Ali, fabulous he, Ali Ababwa!
Genuflect, show some respect, down on one knee!

Now try your best to stay calm.

We've all seen Scandinavia become a mess, with England eating parts of Norway, Orthodox Finland as a strip on the edge of Novgorod, etc.

My Scandinavia defies all logic.

EU3_65.jpg

Norway controlling most of the region, Orthodox Sweden with no Orthodox provinces, Finland actually in Finland, Christian.

Strangest of all though, is the way Neither Norway nor Denmark (who both own cored provinces bordering Lapland) refuse to colonize it. I think at this point Sweden owned Kola too. Denmark actually took one of those two provinces off Sweden early enough that they were still colonies so they're danish cultured provinces now.

Attachments

• happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png
    happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png
    20,9 KB · Views: 21
So I'm doing a D&T game as Tahiti, and apparently the Reformation went a little father than Europe...

Ternate_Reformed.png

So here we have this 3 province island Indonesian republic that's adopted (and spread, Halmahera is not their capital) Reformed Christianity. But that's not all!

Ternate_Is_Rich_Beyond_End.png

And England even has a decent CoT in London! Ternate justs trades through Makassar.

Side Note: Ternate's tech is also better than most of Europe's, but they're not the only Indonesian nation with awesome tech. It's like Asia's laboratory down there.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

I didn't even know you could get rulers that were as bad as the second one listed here. I can't complain, though, the rest of the rulers I got made up for it many times over, including one 9-9-9 as my 6th ruler. Almost all monarchs, I had one elected ruler but the people didn't like switching away from Constitutional Monarchy...

rulers.JPG

Already had one 2* stats in a indian game. But never in western, eastern and ottoman games.
I guess rulers from some tech groups have stats malus...