• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_25.jpg

Dat Golden Horde, always trying to get me, no matter where I am ...

Ulm... :(

EU3_25.jpg

Who ever eats most of the horde is going to be unstoppable (likely Bohemia). Instead of getting the usual dirt cheap horde land they will also get some great German land...

Iirc the holy roman emperor can take that land and get cores on it right?

Last edited:
If it's in the HRE, any HRE member will get a core on the province when they take it.

I think this thread has gotten too large, I can't look past page 1124. Nevertheless, this kinda surprised me. Mighty Krakow has seized the city of the world's desire, and for some reason the benevolent Ottomans refuse to act. Krakow got it as protestant zealots from stagnant Venice soon after the reformation and they're still holding on. I think it will be their core soon. I'm kinda disappointed that the Ottoman AI can't manage to complete one of their main missions, but they've made up for it by excelling in everything else. As for me, I'm working my way up Italy while spreading the true faith with the assistance of my Turkish friends. Only trick is to spam caravels with the press gangs idea to stop the Spanish fleets of doom.

wut.jpg

[Standard horde behaviour]

I just love how despite all those screenshots, tales and complains about hordes the Devs still refuse to acknowledge that a problem might possibly exist.

After years of lurking, I decided to give you this little gem from my last HttT game. I was playing Hansa, trying to get every coastal province down to Galicia and make some nice borders, here you are seeing the result. Styria, Transsilvania, Silesia, Novgorod, Saruhan, Switzerland, Burgundy, The Knights, Papal States and Grenada, Europe's other inhabitants, are my vassals, so Europe's borders are not what's strange here. Something else is there. (And I left Europe only three times, twice to NA and once to East Africa, to convince Portugal, Brittany and Milan, respectively, that they do not need their European holdings anymore)

hansabhutan1.jpg

Albeit I gotta admit, as a detour, that the wars with the UK were funny sometimes with gems like this one:

hansabhutan3.jpg

Here they are in all their glory. What you can see here: a large area is cored already, stability +3, only one rebellion, only one war despite badboy being through the roof (by the way, I thought they stopped annexing/taking provinces shortly after the limit?!). What you cannot see: fully westernized, with western troops as well, second in tech behind me, more cores (basically all of China and central India) to come within the next couple of years - if it weren't 18something, this would be a formidable endgame opponent, they even have a larger army than me (largest in the world), although with my vassals I outmatch them.

hansabhutan2.jpg

Since I've been watching this for a while, here's roughly what happened. The original culprit wasn't Bhutan but Arakan, another SE Asian minor:

hansabhutan4.jpg

No idea how this came though. Apparently their tech lead gave them an enormous advantage against other nations of the area (even without better troops, I think Asian troops stop being progressed after a certain level, they have a better economy, higher morale, more units without WE and so on) and they became a mid sized power around the Gulf of Bengal. Then Bhutan revolted, apparently inheriting Arakan's tech level, and possibly coring all the provinces. Then the two became a bit gamey: one taking a few new provinces, the other revolting and taking over (and probably losing badboy and gaining cores in the process, maybe even new stability after westernizing decisions, though I do not know whether this is true). This happened a couple of times until Bhutan broke the "treaty" and stayed for good. I don't know when they westernized, but Spain and the UK were in the area.

Last edited:
I give thee France-in-Exile after it created a border state between itself and the Franco-Catalan USA. To their south lies Swedo-Aztec-Aragonese-Italian Mexico (capital Mexikostad) and the Brazilian Caribbean.

The horde mechanic is generally nearly the exact same. GH gets to the Balkans and doesn't die out until the 1500s, where as someone usually eats the Timurids within the first 20 years.

It started out this way (I'm a European minor so I didn't have any part in this). But something happened (note the year).

reversehorde.png

The timurids live! Seems like their khan died and they made peace with the AI. Ate the revolts warred with the GH and Nogai in the truces and then proceeded to continue their terror on India and Persia. Seems like they have no one capable of stopping them atm, no one in the Middle East, Europe or India can feasibly halt them right now. Ming likely can but they won't reach China anytime soon.

The Hindu Danish Empire fell in the year 1719 R.I.P
The remaining Hindus are now in Skania.
EU3_21-1.jpg

One thing I find funny is when I completed this game and transfered it to V2 there was a Hindu Danish/Swedish Minority in those provinces.