• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
fuzzynutz said:
Is this mod playable and in a good state. Which countries are the most complete? Thank you for your input. If you could recommend a country that would most demonstrate what this mod is about and has some pretty good flavor events, please do.

Yes, the mod is quite playable. The countries with the most events and "chrome" are probably Russia (most of which was inherited from the excellent "All the Russias" alt-history ancestor mod to Kaiserreich) and Austria. Germany isn't really that playable I think due to sheer imperial overreach; it's very similar to the UK in vanilla that way. The US has some interesting decisions to make as they could face a 3-way civil war.

wire2k said:
Yes, the mod is quite playable. The countries with the most events and "chrome" are probably Russia (most of which was inherited from the excellent "All the Russias" alt-history ancestor mod to Kaiserreich) and Austria. Germany isn't really that playable I think due to sheer imperial overreach; it's very similar to the UK in vanilla that way. The US has some interesting decisions to make as they could face a 3-way civil war.
Speaking of Austria..

I've noticed that, when Austria and Hungary go to war, there's no event for either Austrian/Hungarian victory, just the AI offering providences and then a peace..

And they don't become cores. Which sucks, because both Austria and Hungary ought to have cores on most/all of the Balkans(you know, austro-hungarian empire n' all that).

Surrender and War events are going to be more fleshed out in the next version. We'll add some for the Ausgleich too.

How we approach cores is, the people in the territory have to want to become part of that country for us to give it as a core. its a core. So the Austria-Hungary cores on the Balkans wouldnt fit. If its territory in Austria or Hungary or any of their little states than it should have cores though, we'll work on that.

Go to the Kaiserreich forum, which is in my signature. Go to Development, and then to general. Go to the Kaiserreich IIa thread and close to the bottom is two links to the files you need. Any questions, just ask there. They will be answered a lot faster. Hope you find what your looking for.

The_Carbonater said:
In my game the events for Siberian railway and integration of Primorsk never fired. I played as USSR.

How did you manage to research?

Oh, and in the case of conquering/annexing/inheriting its puppets, Austria should get some tech teams. The current ones are horrible, while the hungarian ones are quite excelent. You should igve Austria a more decent second insutrial team, a good inf team, and a good air team. Hungarys teams should not be decreased, though.

:hingarian, and proud of it: :p

We need a Bulgarian or someone who has lot of knowledge about Bulgaria to propose tech teams and air, naval and land leaders...

I have some knowledge on the Finnish monarchy, mainly the fact that Väinö I (In reality, he would've been called Fredrik Kaarle I, if he would ever become the King of Finland.) died in May 1940, so there could be an event where the monarchy would've been passed to his eldest living son Philipp. I haven't checked the new event threads for Finland, but this could be plausible. I have a leader pic, too.(made it for my AAR)

Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that while "Fredrik Kaarle" would the Finnish equivalent of his real-name, he was going to adopt the name "Väinö" when reigning (which does fit in slightly better with our radical Finnish nationalist government).

Sarmatia1871 said:
Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that while "Fredrik Kaarle" would the Finnish equivalent of his real-name, he was going to adopt the name "Väinö" when reigning (which does fit in slightly better with our radical Finnish nationalist government).
Fredrik Kaarle is mentioned in the original voting document regarding the Finnish monarchy. The name is not quite undisputed, but Väinö I was a suggestion of a political satirist Väinö Nuorteva. The king could've also been named just Kaarle I
"Kaarle I, Suomen ja Karjalan kuningas, Ahvenanmaan herttua, Lapinmaan suuriruhtinas, Kalevan ja Pohjolan isäntä"

Herbert West said:
How did you manage to research?

Looked up the date when the event for restoring the proletarian dictatorship fired, then quited all research the day before. Solved:D

Well, a new version should be coming out on the first of next month, or at least thats the pattern. In the mean time, you can go to the Kaiserreich forum in my sig, in general forum, which is in the development forum, theres a thread called Kaiserreich IIa which has two two files you need and a guide on what to do with them.

Congratulations for the mod, it's fantastic :) . In fact I'm making an AAR with it (is in Spanish). I made some events for miself to make the game a little more interesting. However I thought you might be interested on them, they simply are a German surrender to the Japanese if Japan conquers their main colonies on Asia. If any of you want them I'll post them.

Also I made some for Mongolia (for my AAR), but I don't think you'll be interested on them.

I haven't had the chance to try the Japanese events, however, they should work (I think).

Finally I must say once again that the mod is fantastic, however the worldnames file has a problem in spanish, some countries' names are missing letters (ie Japn, Per or Mexco), nothing important, in fact I changed them manually.