• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Atruejedi said:
Hey Sarm, any idea when you'll have a new version? I'm obsessed with my own mod and yours :)

Hmmm, depends on how extensive the new version is going to be! One with only a couple of fixes and some new events could be out fairly soon (as in a day or two). Any more changes would take a bit longer...

So, probably have a "fixed" version, which would (hopefully) get rid of the Vlasov problem, add a few tech teams and include some Cossack events on Monday or Tuesday if luck and time are available, with a more extensive change (with civil war, Soviet, Kazakh and Transamur events) further in the future.

Also, obviously, the more help and feedback I get (especially with Poland's AI!!! See other thread!!!), the quicker everything is going to get done!

Which of your new nations have tech teams?

Earth's Savior said:
Which of your new nations have tech teams?

:rolleyes: Already told you!

They all have some default tech teams with the vanilla setup, which I'm using (some are actually quite good, eg. TRA & UKR). The only real issue at the moment is that Russia doesn't have an industrial team, or an air doctrine team. So, this needs to be fixed...

with polands AI, I think the suggestion in the other thread of making Polands tag a UXX one might be good. I have no idea what kind of stuff is hard coded dealing with poland so making them a UXX tag might help.

EDIT: Ah never mind, I just checked your AI thread. Well I know nothing about AI but if you say it only works when you load up as a human, then switch to AI it might be a problem with the AI. Are you using an event to switch AI?

Okay, due to popular demand ( :cool: 2 whole people !!!!) version 0.1b is now up. Main changes are:

Fixes
* Fixed (hopefully!) disappearing Tsars and Vlasov's appearences
* Russia should now get tech teams with the "choose your direction" events
* A few Government and Minister changes for TRA, KAZ, MON, RUS & PRI (Anyone have a real picture for Semenov?)

New Stuff
* Don-Kuban Union has new flag (thank you Afalsejedi!) & events (these will depend on your foreign policy choice / Head of State)
* There's a new regime in Mongolia (again, thank you Afalsejedi for bringing this to my attention!) , so you should be a bit more careful about what you ask for - the new ruler's a bit unpredictable. The Transiberian Crisis should now be an actual crisis, rather than a fairly minor border incident...

You might actually even be able to play Mongolia. It's been beefed up a bit to put it more in line with the other new countries.

Anyway, if there are any major problems with this update that I haven't identified, these will be dealt with ASAP. If not, next version may take a a bit of time, but will include several new event chains (Kazakh Republic, maybe some domestic events for Russia in '38 / '39 period, Russian Civil War events, and revival of the Soviet Union)

I've been busy dissecting the new turtledove mod so I haven't had time to look at this one yet. Perhaps next week once my current game is finished.

I'm not sure who I'll play but I do appreciate your updates on the mod eventhough I haven't posted yet.

ELOSO said:
I've been busy dissecting the new turtledove mod so I haven't had time to look at this one yet. Perhaps next week once my current game is finished.

I'm not sure who I'll play but I do appreciate your updates on the mod eventhough I haven't posted yet.

Thank you for your continued support - :) !

No rush for testing, as I think everything's in order for the current version (eg. everything's firing - no complaints yet so I'd assume nothing's wrong...?!?). Still, only real "player" events for Russia at the moment, and some of the smaller countries need balancing and fixing. Next version should be a major change, possibly due in two weeks or so, with all countries (hopefully!) with proper events and playable.

Also, the problem with Polish inability to fight the Germans has been resolved, so the major obstacle I had has been cleared.

In the meantime, keep bumping this thread, so it doesn't disappear under the flood of event problems posts!

Sarmatia, you should request a sticky for this thread from a moderator. By the way, I watched the game last night. My only complaint is the chances of each event choice. War seems to be averted all the time, at least in my (unlucky) games! You should make the chances of certain choices much higher. For example, the Don Kubal Union went into an alliance with Turkey and Kazakhstan, but Azerbaijan decided its destiny lied elsewhere.

And Russia wussed out over the Transiberian Railroad with Mongolia.

Overall, great work. Romanov was on the throne again. :)

By the way, it appears Russia did not have the tech to strategically redeploy. This severely hurt them in the war against Transamur.

If you need any help/advice with events, I'll be glad to assist. My AOL IM name is Bluesicks, drop me a line. I'd also like to apply Sexxicolors to this mod. :)

Oh, and one last thing: change the leader and minister pics to gray-scale, add a one-pixel one border, and save them as 24-bit. Romanov looks way out of place. ;)

Atruejedi said:
Sarmatia, you should request a sticky for this thread from a moderator. By the way, I watched the game last night. My only complaint is the chances of each event choice. War seems to be averted all the time, at least in my (unlucky) games! You should make the chances of certain choices much higher. For example, the Don Kubal Union went into an alliance with Turkey and Kazakhstan, but Azerbaijan decided its destiny lied elsewhere.

And Russia wussed out over the Transiberian Railroad with Mongolia.

Overall, great work. Romanov was on the throne again. :)

By the way, it appears Russia did not have the tech to strategically redeploy. This severely hurt them in the war against Transamur.

If you need any help/advice with events, I'll be glad to assist. My AOL IM name is Bluesicks, drop me a line. I'd also like to apply Sexxicolors to this mod. :)

Oh, and one last thing: change the leader and minister pics to gray-scale, add a one-pixel one border, and save them as 24-bit. Romanov looks way out of place. ;)

Thanks - all good ideas - Will contact you (eventually!) to discuss some more things. I noticed when playing Russia that I couldn't strategically redeploy, but I was thinking this was more due to me forgetting the correct key, rather than not having the right tech! Do you know which one it is which allows it?

Regarding the wars: in this current setup, there are only about 3 or 4 possible wars that can trigger due to events, and only 1 of these (Russia vs Mongolia) is very probable. And if Russia choses "isolationism" it's extremely likely that nothing's going to happen! That's why Russia is really the only playable country, and hands-off games aren't going to lead to very exciting results!

The next version will have a lot more potential wars, so simply by the laws of probability, some of these are going to occur (unless you're very unlucky!). The way I want the scenario to work out eventually is that there are many many different variables and possibilities of event/alliance combinations and choices which could kick in, so the player is never going to know where and when the wars are actually going to break out, and who's going to be in them. So, this leads to potentially a lot of fairly complex event chains, but would mean more replayability in the end!

(this is also why I'm hoping 1.3 comes out fairly shortly, and does deliver a very good AI which works well in almost all situations - I don't really want to start coding different AIs for all potential wars as well!)

Funny that Azerbaijan didn't want to join the alliance though - I think there's a 90% probability that it would (with the preceding combinations being about 40%->30%->40%). So you must have been quite unlucky - that particular result should only happen (if my maths and memory are correct...) 0.48% of the time!

The images of the two Romanovs actually came with the game, but I was thinking of changing them anyway. Vladimir (the 2nd one) is especially dodgy...

Do you know which one it is which allows it?
I'm fairly sure its the first in the series where you can get TC improvements (whatever its called)

Hmmm, no responses in a while despite the new-found stickiness, so I (optimistically!) hope this is due to there being no problems with any of the events ( or people doing things other than play my mod - :mad: !!!)

As I'm running about internationally all next week and won't be able to get anything game-related done, I'm aiming to get version 0.2 out on Monday before I disappear - although I suppose that most people will be getting Diplomacy then!

The status update is that Civil War, rebirth of Soviet Union and Polish-German relation events (along with peace treaties) are done and all seem to be firing properly (still need tweaking though...). I'm also aiming to get Central Asian war stuff done too, and maybe maybe Caucasus events, depending on how much real research I have to do this week.

Feel free to comment!

I confess that I've been lurking in here patiently waiting for the next update. I haven't had any bugs aside from the error on load so I'll hold my comments until I see more. I'm on my second run through the early years to get a feel for it and right now it seems a little empty on the event side but what you're describing should fill that gap.

Atruejedi said:
Let's trade: you play SMEP, I'll play ATR :)

(Yes, I've coined your acronym)

I'm not even sure if the trade is neccessary :) - as SMEP only adds events in regular ID ranges, I'd reckon it would be possible to play both mods together, if the "events.txt" and "revolt.txt" files were moved around a bit!

(also would need to make a few slight modifications to a couple of the German events for the next version, but that should be easily managed)

And the acronym is "ATRus" - it exists already, I just never use it :rofl: !

ELOSO said:
I confess that I've been lurking in here patiently waiting for the next update. I haven't had any bugs aside from the error on load so I'll hold my comments until I see more. I'm on my second run through the early years to get a feel for it and right now it seems a little empty on the event side but what you're describing should fill that gap.

Mmmm yes - the version out now only includes about half the events up until 1938 - basically those affecting Russia. The next update will add the rest of the events for the first two years of the game, and maybe a bit for '39 as well.

The third (and possibly final!) update will then add the necessary events for the main Russian expansion paths, and fill in any of the gaps in the foreign policy/domestic events for the other countries.

Also, as it looks like 1.3 is in fact going to make AI coding much much more complex ( :eek: ), rather than easier as I'd assumed, AI updates will be included in each new version.

At some point cosmetic changes are going to be made too (eg. skins, event pictures and country colour modification), but I reckon events and making the thing playable take precedence over these for the time being.

Then I'll move on to the next project, which will be completely compatible with this mod (and include the whole thing), but in a different global setup. Right now this is of course Top Secret, and won't be revealed unless it looks like anything similar is being worked on - although even if it is, I'd doubt it would be going in the same direction that I have in mind...

This is a great mod! I've been playing it for a couple of days with Russia (the Tzarist route) and I find it most fascinating. Although there seems to be very few (I have discovered only one) events that brings more national provinces, but those will be added somewhere, right? Interesting mod, nevertheless...

Keep it up! :)

P.S. Stalinist head of state and head of government (both Bukharin) are mixed: HoS is silent workhorse and HoG is die-hard reformer.

Last edited:
Sarmatia1871 said:
Hmmm, no responses in a while despite the new-found stickiness, so I (optimistically!) hope this is due to there being no problems with any of the events ( or people doing things other than play my mod - :mad: !!!)

As I'm running about internationally all next week and won't be able to get anything game-related done, I'm aiming to get version 0.2 out on Monday before I disappear - although I suppose that most people will be getting Diplomacy then!

The status update is that Civil War, rebirth of Soviet Union and Polish-German relation events (along with peace treaties) are done and all seem to be firing properly (still need tweaking though...). I'm also aiming to get Central Asian war stuff done too, and maybe maybe Caucasus events, depending on how much real research I have to do this week.

Feel free to comment!

I hope everything is still going ok with this mod. I was really looking forward to an update today. :(

Have a safe trip and I'll be checking back for the update when you return.

Sarmatia1871 said:
Then I'll move on to the next project, which will be completely compatible with this mod (and include the whole thing), but in a different global setup. Right now this is of course Top Secret, and won't be revealed unless it looks like anything similar is being worked on - although even if it is, I'd doubt it would be going in the same direction that I have in mind...

it has to do with usa or germany i assume
(if it is usa look at sig)