• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jozef Pilsudski said:
Hmmm, Whens is an updated version due out more or less?

Ummm, this week is quite busy, so maybe one or two weeks for a general update with some bugfixes and minor additions....

Da Swede said:
The Finns should fight for Greater Suomi if Russia is weak.

180px-Suur-Suomen_kartta.png

Add in vassalisation of the various ugric tribes.
And not impoosible at all to see a Mannerheim dynasty sitting on top of the throne of th Rus once all is said and done.. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal_wars

wow tested this mod now love it playing as poland annexed germany =) I cant wait until another patch

Hmmm i decided to start w/ a clean slate in hoi, so i reinstalled it along with this mod, and i thought i wouldn't start things off by pwning germany for reoccupying the rhineland, so i went with the option that has poland turn to france for support in their position to get germany out of the rhineland, and well, plan kind of back-fired because i wanted to go to war with germany at some point say 37 or 38, but those crafty krauts decided that ther're so scared of mighty poland that they decided to kick hitler out all together, and as far as i can tell, they don't seem very aggressive anymore so hence now i don't know what to do :(

eh can't wait till the new version where i'll be able to use pilsudski as if he didn't croak in 35' :rofl:

This is really a great Mod, great Idea. All the different possibilities!

Some things I noticed though:

The various Caucasus states decided to use the opportunity of being attacked by some to attack them! (i. e., Georgia DOWs Armenia because they've been attacked by Turkey over they Archeology ( :D BTW). The Armenians then decide to use the opportunity of Georgia being at war to attack them! That's mainly cosmetic though. And I loved the fact that the whole Armenian archeology crisis ended up with Georgia being annexed by the Cossacks :D ).

In the same chain of events: The Italians decided to help their Georgian friends, and DOWed Turkey. But they seem to not have any amphib landing AI, and have been doing nothing for a year or so! Instead they're massing troops in Africa against the British, preparing for a war that will most likely never come - The Poles have eaten Germany alive over Rheinland (on their own to boot!).

And the music packs seem to be corrupted...

Careful Plum said:
This is really a great Mod, great Idea. All the different possibilities!

Some things I noticed though:

The various Caucasus states decided to use the opportunity of being attacked by some to attack them! (i. e., Georgia DOWs Armenia because they've been attacked by Turkey over they Archeology ( :D BTW). The Armenians then decide to use the opportunity of Georgia being at war to attack them! That's mainly cosmetic though. And I loved the fact that the whole Armenian archeology crisis ended up with Georgia being annexed by the Cossacks :D ).

In the same chain of events: The Italians decided to help their Georgian friends, and DOWed Turkey. But they seem to not have any amphib landing AI, and have been doing nothing for a year or so! Instead they're massing troops in Africa against the British, preparing for a war that will most likely never come - The Poles have eaten Germany alive over Rheinland (on their own to boot!).

And the music packs seem to be corrupted...

Many thanks - I'm 'systemising' all the Russian events for Kaiserreich at the moment, so am probably going to release a new version of 'All the Russias' in the next couple of weeks as a byproduct of this, with a few mostly cosmetic alterations, more and improved music, and better AIs (particularly with regard to some of the Caucasian war events, which are bit clunky!).

I actually designed the Italian AI so it would attack Turkey amphibiously, but I believe this would be over-ridden by a lot of the context-based events from 1.3 -> So, something will have to be done about that as well!

i love Poland anexed austria taken the nothern part of italy taken 60 % of turkey annexed georgia,germany,don kuban union and azerdjaban and many more :p

When i reinstalled hoi2, i went to go play a game, and i noticed that all the polish generals were less skilled then i remember, i think this was because of 1.3, but i had a spare copy of the polish leader files and overwrote the 1.3 one, so the advice on giving polish leaders a bonus in skill points may be messed up, as i was telling you that based on polish leaders' skills from an earlier patch basically, so i dunno if you wanna adjust that accordingly so that it uses the default skills of an earlier patch or just do it w/ the leader file from 1.3 or w/e, basically if you've got the weaker polish leaders list in your game(for instance Smigly-Rydz has 1 skill instead of 2) you might want to add 2 skill points for some leaders rather than 1. :eek:

Jozef Pilsudski said:
When i reinstalled hoi2, i went to go play a game, and i noticed that all the polish generals were less skilled then i remember, i think this was because of 1.3, but i had a spare copy of the polish leader files and overwrote the 1.3 one, so the advice on giving polish leaders a bonus in skill points may be messed up, as i was telling you that based on polish leaders' skills from an earlier patch basically, so i dunno if you wanna adjust that accordingly so that it uses the default skills of an earlier patch or just do it w/ the leader file from 1.3 or w/e, basically if you've got the weaker polish leaders list in your game(for instance Smigly-Rydz has 1 skill instead of 2) you might want to add 2 skill points for some leaders rather than 1. :eek:

I'm putting together the next version at the moment (so expect it possibly in a few days time...), and have just added some skill points fairly randomly to the Polish leader files, so most have about +1 what they had in vanilla. Please send any specific ideas you have very soon if you want them included!

Also, this is the shock result of a current hands-off game I'm running at the moment (the year is 1940....):

Poland, Ukraine and Turkestan (!?!?) are in an alliance, against Germany, Hungary and Russia ( :eek: - ?!?!). Meanwhile, Mongolia is running amok in Siberia, and Georgia has just decided to attack the mighty new Caliphate!

Unexpected to say the least!

Sarmatia1871 said:
I'm putting together the next version at the moment (so expect it possibly in a few days time...), and have just added some skill points fairly randomly to the Polish leader files, so most have about +1 what they had in vanilla. Please send any specific ideas you have very soon if you want them included!

Also, this is the shock result of a current hands-off game I'm running at the moment (the year is 1940....):

Poland, Ukraine and Turkestan (!?!?) are in an alliance, against Germany, Hungary and Russia ( :eek: - ?!?!). Meanwhile, Mongolia is running amok in Siberia, and Georgia has just decided to attack the mighty new Caliphate!

Unexpected to say the least!

Whoa nice they splitted russia in a milion picies :rofl:

What is wrong with Russia's ground doctrines? They can't research any. :confused:

Earth's Savior said:
What is wrong with Russia's ground doctrines? They can't research any. :confused:
You will get an event where you can pick the doctrine tree (Russia has all 4 avaliable) as well as move the standing/drafted slider. If you pick Tuchachevskij, you get German doctrines and 1 move away from full standing. Now, ally with Germany (very easy to do if you picked Wrangel) and you are invincible!

Alright sarmatia, sent u a PM concerning a few of the polish generals. and yeah, haven't really been playing hoi at all lately, been pretty caught up in R/L and BF2 and AA, but hopefully soon i'll be able to play it some more and can't wait to see an updated version of this, and remember to make it so, Russia and the SU don't have the same generals to choose from, and didn't you say in the description for georgia that Stalin is the leader, i checked, i looked at every form of government for georgia, and stalin wasn't and minister for any of the ideologies :( i'm guessing/hoping you've simply not done that yet and i hope to see stalin on georgia's throne soon :D

NikkTheTrick said:
You will get an event where you can pick the doctrine tree (Russia has all 4 avaliable) as well as move the standing/drafted slider. If you pick Tuchachevskij, you get German doctrines and 1 move away from full standing. Now, ally with Germany (very easy to do if you picked Wrangel) and you are invincible!

.... until the 'Alliance-splitting' events kick in of course!

(although I reckon these probably still need a bit more testing...)

Jozef Pilsudski said:
Alright sarmatia, sent u a PM concerning a few of the polish generals. and yeah, haven't really been playing hoi at all lately, been pretty caught up in R/L and BF2 and AA, but hopefully soon i'll be able to play it some more and can't wait to see an updated version of this, and remember to make it so, Russia and the SU don't have the same generals to choose from, and didn't you say in the description for georgia that Stalin is the leader, i checked, i looked at every form of government for georgia, and stalin wasn't and minister for any of the ideologies :( i'm guessing/hoping you've simply not done that yet and i hope to see stalin on georgia's throne soon :D

Many thanks for the PM - I've got a couple of duplicate Russian generals to remove, so this will be done, and I'll carry on improving the Polish tech-teams, doctrines and leaders.

And it's not Stalin who's in charge of Georgia, but his fellow countryman/lackey Lavrenti Beria! So he's in there already.

Oh, well on their little picture in the country select thing, thought that was Stalin's portrait on that banner so i thought he was supposed to be in charge there. Also, i forgot one more, give polish Rommel another skill point or 2(he 1 on mine) and i can't wait for this :D

Hey, remember I said I'd do this a while ago? I opened up a fresh install of ATRus 3.0a and had the time to tally up all the duplicates I found. I didn't mention rank differences because I had auto-promote on, but skill, attributes, and pictures are mentioned if they differ. A pity I couldn't open up the csv leader file to corraborate and get IDs (Excel didn't seem to want to work...I'll need to see what I can do to fix that eventually). At any rate, the list begins...now.

Belov I.P.
Belov S.I.
Berman
Deev
Dybenko
Egorov/Egorov A.I.
Fabricus
Fedko
Fomin *NOTE: Different pictures, same rank, skill, attributes
Gaj
Gobulev/Gobulev A.I. *NOTE: Different pictures, same skill, rank, and attributes
Gordon
Hahanyan
Horoshin
Kalinovski
Kaminski
Kashirin
Khalatov
Kharitinov
Klimovskih
Kolchik
Kopec
Kork
Kotovski
Kuibyshev
Lapin
Medvedovski
Meklis
Navrocki
Nazarov
Primakov/Primakov V.M.
Putna
Ryabyshev
Sedyakin
Serdich
Sharangovich
Sheklanov
Shmidt
Strepuhov
Tukhachevsky
Unzherov
Uspenski
Vazetis
Bidemann/von Bidemann
Blücher/von Blücher
Eidemann/von Eidemann
Vostrechov
Yakir
Zonberg

Oh, and I saw an interesting junior officer by the name of Kolchak running around. Do you think he has any relations in the Transamur, or just a coincidence? ;)

Jozef Pilsudski said:
Oh, well on their little picture in the country select thing, thought that was Stalin's portrait on that banner so i thought he was supposed to be in charge there. Also, i forgot one more, give polish Rommel another skill point or 2(he 1 on mine) and i can't wait for this :D

Okay, cool - the II Rep people are actually letting me use their leaders and tech-teams, so I'll add these instead. From what I've seen, these are much better than the Vanilla Polish ones, so should go a long way to giving Poland a fighting chance!