• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jackson63ii said:
On the down side as the UK I started with 48IC that killed me!!!!!! :confused:
As far, as I know did the UK not start with serious rearmament until the Treaty of Munich.
jackson63ii said:
jackson63ii said:
... the cost to build anything as far as Air or Naval goes to high :confused:
Its quite different from v1.2 now in terms of cost, but those items were very expensive, just some examples, 1 Dollar = 2.5 Reichsmark

Bismark - 196.000.000 RM
Tirpitz - 181.600.000 RM
Nürnberg - 40.000.000 RM
Iowa Class BB - 250.000.000 RM
B-29 Flying fortress - 2.860.000 RM
Me 109g - 250.000 RM
FW 190 A0 - 152.400 RM
Tiger I - 299.800 RM
Pz III M - 105.000 RM
StuG III - 82.500 RM

jackson63ii said:
So battleships an large carriers need to be considered over 2 years.
I am always using the total IC_days to determine the price. And they take about 2 years to build.
jackson63ii said:
explain the United States A-20 cost vs. P-40; A-20=74TUS Dollars/17,100 lbs. to build per aircraft.P-40=45TUS Dollars/6,700 Lbs of materials per aircraft but it comes .9 differance in IC am I missing something?
P-40B is a multi-role Fighter '38 and costs 5250 IC_days
A-20 Boston is a TAC '38 and costs 2700 IC_days
Yes, good catch, I forgot to raise TAC prices. Will be fixed in the next version. You can multiply all TAC IC prices by 2.5 to fix that. Now
A-20 Boston costs 6750 IC_days. Let's assume a base cost of 2000 IC for pilot training, etc., then we have 4750:3250 = 1.46 and 75.000:45.000 = 1.66, what is quite good. If you have more prices, please PM me. I am always looking for more WW2 prices.
mrowz0r said:
well this mod seems nice, i like it alot so far...but it crashes every time i get to vichy france event....not gonna make it very far like that :-/
I have heard that before, but I could not reproduce the ctd. Can you please post the history here (last save game file as close, as possible, before the ctd, near the end, history = { 543 343 343 ..... 43434 }). Or you can try to give me more details. Can you still use [alt] +
after the ctd? Does the ctd occur after the provinces are ceded?
Anyway, I will restructure the event, splitting it into two. I have seen ctds for very long command chains, because of too many commands (not mistakes).
uncajerf said:
Ummm... I beg to differ:

I just had a CTD "Critical Error: Can't open ai\SOV_Barbarossa_offensive.ai...."

Just started playing your so-far otherwise excellent mod as as Germany; it's 0:00, Dec 5th, 1939; just took out Poland; SU had refused my Limited Pact. Haven't tried to restart yet. :/

Is that one of your files, or should I be reporting this in the HoI2 forum?

l8r! :)

Jeff
Sorry, it is HIP. Will be fixed in the next version. You can go to events\AI.txt, event 25002 and change

SOV_Barbarossa_offensive.ai

into

SOV_Barbarossa_off.ai

then you should be able to play on.

v0.14b is up and fixes both problems. The Vichy ctd might(?) be gone.

Last edited:
Thanks Panther II that explans a lot. I belive late 37 an really started moving 38 for RN ship building.here some prices B-26 227TUS dollars, B-25 96TUS dollars, B-24 337TUS dollars, B-17 276TUS dollars, P-51 54TUS dollars, P-38 115TUS dollars, P-47 84TUS dollars,

the vichy crash is frustrating. i LOVE this mod, excellent gameplay, excellent events, great ideas, especially adding the austrian generals... i mean this is a lot of fun...

a few issues besides thevichy crash thing...

1)anchluss event did not fire
2)munich agreement/czech events did not fire
when i finally kicked frances ass the game froze....

seriously, keep up the great work!

panzer_general said:
1)anchluss event did not fire
2)munich agreement/czech events did not fire
when i finally kicked frances ass the game froze....
And Germany must be at peace to get those events. You were at peace?

After the vichy event froze, how many event windows did you see on the screen? Did you use v0.14b?

Last edited:
Panther II said:
And Germany must be at peace to get those events. You were at peace?
If yes, can you please have a look, if you have under "...Hearts of Iron 2\HIP\gfx\events_pics\anschluss.bmp"? What operating system do you have?

After the vichy event froze, how many event windows did you see on the screen? Did you use v0.14b?

yes i think i was at war with republican spain. it was with 14 AND 14b... to test it i loaded the game and hit F12 event2021.

died for both...

didnt die before using the moddir....

it is ok... just needed a little patience...

by the way, seriously, your mod may be the best for hoi2 that i have played. starfire does not do much for me, stony road is more filler with not as much filler, alexis looks promising. seriously you need to have all the credit in the world. good show...

Great, that the mod is well recieved. :)
I am currently looking into your save game. I am getting not such a hard ctd, like you did, only a small/minor one, when I quite the game after the events have fired.

v0.15 is up and hopefully solves the Vichy ctd.

Last edited:
RN building program through Jun 37

Here's a list of ships going to June 37 laid down date.
these were under construction
CLASS NAME LAID DOWN COMMISSONED
Arethusa Penelope May 30 1934 Nov 13 1936
" Aurora Jul. 23 1935 Nov 12 1937
Ark Royal Ark Royal Sept. 16 1935 Dec. 16 1938
Belfast Sheffield Jan. 31 1935 Aus. 25 1937
Ship's laid down after Jan 1936
Bellast Edinburgh Dec 30 1936 Jul 6 1939
Tribail 6th Flotilla [1 Div] Nov 1936 Dec 1938
KGV KGV Jan 1 1937 Dec 11 1940
" Prince of Wales Jan 1 1937 Mar 31 1941
" Duke of York May 5 1937 Nov 4 1941
Illustrious Illustrious Apr 5 1937 May 25 1940
" Formidable Jun 17 1937 Nov 4 1940
" Victorious May 4 1937 May 15 1941
Tribail 4th Flotilla {1 Div] Jun 1936 May 1938
" 14th Flotilla [2 Div] JUl 1936 Sept 1938
I Class 20th Flotilla [1 Div] Mar. 1936 Sept 1937
I Class 20th Flotilla [1 Div] Mar 1936 Jan. 1938
I Class 3rd Flotilla {1 Div] Mar 1936 Jan 1937
Glouster Glouster Sept 22 1936 Jan 31 1939
" Liverpool Feb 17 1936 Nov 2 1938
" Manchester Mar 28 1936 Aus 4 1938
KGV Howe Jun 1 1937 Sep 28 1942
The RN had planes the UK is to weak Like I said 48 IC was a killer by May of 1938 had 102 IC pushed may production slider to 19 IC was trying to go a lot futher maybe 27 IC but I needed Plans and ships. NOW it wasn,there. Other than that I lik what your doing

I will try to get the ships in as fast, as possible.
How do you think about ship build times are they too short in HOI2?
Or did they get so short late in the war?

There will probably be a revision of peace_ic_mod, reflecting the percentage of GDP, the nation has spent on military. Some rough 1938 numbers

Germany 16-20%
UK 8-12%
France 17%

but the UK will stay toned down pre-war and especially pre treaty of Munich. The production target for the UK is about the 1939 scenario force mix. When at war their IC will jump up and rise to 180 IC on the British Isles alone in 1941, that's not bad.

Last edited:
This Staf De Clercq gentleman for Flanders was killed in 1942, but when I released Flanders in 1945 as Germany he was head of state. Just giving some heads up.

I'm trying this mod as Germany and had a couldn't find "no_Invasion.ai" or "Invasion_ no" or something like that error message. It was triggered by the Marco Polo bridge incident.The file was under AI/HIP so I copied it to the AI folder and could continue with my game.

oned
Panther II said:
I will try to get the ships in as fast, as possible.]
How do you think about ship build times are they too short in HOI2?]
Or did they get so short late in the war?]

I never did get a look at your build times. laid down-lanch-commissoned was the norm. in ship building.

There will probably be a revision of peace_ic_mod, reflecting the percentage of GDP, the nation has spent on military. Some rough 1938 numbers

Germany 16-20%
UK 8-12%
France 17%

but the UK will stay toned down pre-war and especially pre treaty of Munich.] The production target for the UK is about the 1939 scenario force mix. When ]at war their IC will jump up and rise to 180 IC on the British Isles alone in ]1941, that's not bad.]

Have you concered approching this the way C.O.R.E. did in HOI lowering your man power to .003 That worked great with the United States, Great Britian My concren is as scripting improves an to where it was in HOI 1.06v If an event put in about U-boats to play by 39 ' It could be very sad. I've seen Battleships, Carriers and Cruisers attack agroup 18 subs an become The Home Squadron. Because scripting didn't tell 33 capitol ships attacking 18 sob is dumb. Operation Sea Lion would be easy effort.

My available transfer volume is currently down to 0 MB, in two days it will be 1000 MB again. So don't be too surprised, when you can not download the mod. I will try to organize a mirror or download alternative.

I think Japan Ai should have event in which it can choose it strategy, possible options:
a)take priority prowinces in China and prepare for pacific (highest chance)
b) go deep in to the China, try to annex them ( low chance)
c) take priority prowinces in China and prepare for Siberia (the lowest chance)

jackson63ii,

I am think about several paths, just those ministers and sliders make the whole issue much more complicated, so don't expect a solution too soon. On u-boots, a stacking limit of 2 (10 real subs), would be great, but Paradox has to do that. In the next version, all your ship suggestions will be in and also a lot of ships already under construction.

G.D.,

You probably think about something like the CORE concept for Japan in HOI1. There might be some changes on Japan, something like a more comprehensive Pearl Harbour choice. The next priority on Japan will be to make it smarter past 1941. Tell me, if you have a good choice concept.

Last edited:
i know this is far off, but do you see a true anchluss with starfire.... maybe your eventsand overall feel and theirgameplay balancing? just not in the 1938 scenario please. also, have you thought about events that if germany has bulagria, hungary, and romania in an alliance that they should become puppets... maybe even give up military control to germany also. another thing have you thoughtof finland entering into an alliance when germany has all of her baltic allies?

just a few ideas...

For Germany's semi-modern tank (e-50) is this accurate? I always thought the "Standardpanzer" status was for Leopard I. I dunno but I just dont think the e-50 is a very accurate choice to represent a semi-modern tank.

panzer_general,

HIP is in cooperation with Starfire and the combat variables are far closer to Starfire than vanilla v1.2. And they might move even further towards it in the future. I can't tell you anything about the Anschluss of Starfire.
Puppets are very weak, because they give their resources to the master, so don't expect more puppets than Croatia and Serbia for Germany. Military control is easy to obtain for the Human player, but I don't know, what AI Germany would do with it. The current Finland situation is also ok, because you have to consider, that Finland was not "really" allied with Germany. They were trying to continue the Winter War, gain back their territory and did not that much obey Hitler (e.g. they refused to attack Leningrad from the North), but were following their own plans. So actually taking military control of Finland is unhistoric.

Burris,

I don't even know, if there ever was a German E-50 tank. I do know, that there was a German E-100 in developement and that Ferdinand Porsche has in 1936(?) already made plans for the Leopard. What model would you suggest?
I would say E-50 is a good choice, see here

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/pz9.htm#eseries

I am especially interested in Barbarossa AARs for v0.16b and would very much appreciate to here, if it gets harder, how the additional rivers influence it, if Soviet mobilization is sufficient, if the Soviets keep besieged Leningrad supplied, if you can build a far bigger German army than historic, if the Bitter peace event fires correct?

Last edited:
i just updated and i must say again, great work. i do not think i will be going back to hsr... your events are better quality... your balancing is great... anyway keep up the good work... seriously consiter the puppet events for the balkans...

Panther II said:
<snip>

Sorry, it is HIP. Will be fixed in the next version. You can go to events\AI.txt, event 25002 and change

SOV_Barbarossa_offensive.ai

into

SOV_Barbarossa_off.ai

then you should be able to play on.

v0.14b is up and fixes both problems. The Vichy ctd might(?) be gone.

Thanx... I actually managed to figure that one out myself. ;)

So far everything else so (very) good.

l8r! :)

Jeff