• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12730)

Sprite Archiver
Dec 14, 2002
www.stonyroad.de
Dear HoI2 players,

again - as for HoI1 - here comes some graphics action from stonyroad.de
Today we proudly announce the 'Stony Road Graphics Pack' with artwork from fine artists here on Stony Road.

We at stonyroad.de will provide you with a high-quality service in the graphical section of HoI2. Check the page from time to time and do not forget to use the autoupdater regularly to check for updates!
The next major release with version number 1.2.0 is planned for HoI2 patch v1.2

With best wishes for your HoI2 experience,

N!ghtY and the Stony Road artists
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLER v1.1.5

Zips for Offline/Linux Installation:
http://www.hoi2.de/autoupdates/zips/

Unit Gallery

HOW TO INSTALL?

To start installation double-click the installer:
stonyroad_graphicspack_01.png

The installer will present you the changes with general info, the pack's version changes and a dialog to choose the installation directory. The right path will already be read from teh registry, you can however choose to use another path (for advanced users):

After you have chosen the installation directory the installer will make a backup of your graphics directory. Be patient, this might take some time, but maybe you will need that someday.

When theiinstallation has finished you will have the following symbol on your desktop and in your startmenu under \Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron 2\
This is our AUTOUPDATER !! It will keep your HoI2 installation always up-to-date with current graphical development at stonyroad.de !!
stonyroad_graphicspack_04.png

To check for new updates click the autoupdater, an available update looks like this:

The update will happen in silent mode, you won't notice much except you will be presented the table of changes and content at the end.

Last edited:
has worked for me

oh so I guess this is why I cant get on to check the forums today ;)

Hey the little icons are kinda neat. Kinda hard to make out the German 36 infnatry though as it's written in red. I thought it was changing the actual map sprites but I guess that's to early for wishful thinking :) Good stuff though.

hej,

I can't get to the site either.
down since 10 minutes after release, what a timing....

FYI, the Stony Road Uninstaller does not completely work
Do you mean models missing or symbols stying on desktop?
A uninstaller is not so trivial when looked at tthe vast amounts of graphics we will soon have replaced.
The installer has though made a backup of /gfx which serves as pool for the coming tool to restore original state.

N!ghtY

i installed the program. some cool things, but i thought it would do something to correct the atrocious sprites that came with the game.

N!ghtY said:
This is the basic installer

As i understand it, as yet no sprites are changed. With the next patch (1.2) all those long awaited better sprites will be released by the guys at Stoney Road. Just a little more patience i guess :0

Keep up the good work! It *really* is needed :)

As i understand it, as yet no sprites are changed. With the next patch (1.2) all those long awaited better sprites will be released by the guys at Stoney Road. Just a little more patience i guess :0

Exactly, d0mbo has got it right. Just keep in mind you can now do easy updates...that will soon come

To view samples of the work take a look at the gallery. In the following subcategory i will arrange the icons that are in the pack.
Currently this is not up to date, but note the url to check back!
Or click 'graphics gallery' at the top of stonyroad.de

http://www.stonyroad.de/album_cat.php?cat_id=45

Has this been confirmed?

N!ghtY said:
With sprites we are currently a little hindered as only ONE LEVEL per unit type is allowed. I guess this will be adressed in one of the next patches, if not the next. As soon as more levels per unit type are possible, artwork will be available

The real question is will this actually be addressed in the next patch or so or are we all just waiting eagerly in vain?