• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Romania's Greatest Fighter Ace

The day was overcast, somber and cold, a wind whipped down from the Carpathians and seemingly before it swept away the innocence that had previously surrounded, sheltered everything that had existed around him he thought. Lt. Gen. GTG21 had left his post at the airbase outside Bucharest, it was against orders from the top brass, but with war looming on the horizon, GTG21 hoped to escape one last time into the capital to relax and take in some sights. He had grown up in Bucharest, and enjoyed the atmosphere in the “Paris of the Balkans”…that is when it wasn’t being subjected to leftist street riots or graffitists, all of which was becoming somewhat more of a frequent occurrence since the economy had shifted into a palpably warlike footing. “Thank god for Cdat, that man had saved the country from anarchy, and though ruthless, was honorable and what the nation needed” he thought.

As he walked about, he noticed the people around him seemed blissfully ignorant of the growing tension to the south. Some propaganda posters fluttered in the breeze, dancing around the street in a hobbled waltz. “They move as gracefully as that warmongering gimp Keiper” thought the Lt. Gen. How someone as brilliant and articulate as Czar, the adored leader, could tolerate such dated men commanding what was touted as a reformed army confounded the fighter ace, but then again, the adored leader was likely much savvier a man than he was given credit for. And not all was lost, the airforce was commanded by one of Romania’s most celebrated aces of WW1, Air Marshal Reichswehr himself!

As he walked he noticed stares following him, whispers from young women, their gazes following after him even while on the arms of their men (mostly army officers since as of late the streets seemed filled with them, they too glanced jealously at the uniform of a service whose ranks had become filled with what the press was calling “heroes of the sky who watch over the beloved country like guardian angles on high”). It was hardly new to him, ever since winning the Paris Airshow GTG21 had become a celebrity of sorts, Romania’s greatest fighter ace since the honored Air Marshal Reichswehr himself it was claimed! Though not as experienced, he felt that was soon to change. Afterall, to be an “ace” one must have shot down more than the overtures of swarms of sex starved women.

“Time to head back to base” he thought, people had taken notice of him, again, and there was no need for this to get back to the higher ups. Besides if he listened to one more "my mom loves you" story from some knee high hero worshiping brat he'd ruin his uniform with his recently swallowed lunch.

Looking back over the capital as he walked back to base, GTG21 swore to never let an enemy bomber wreak havoc upon such a beautiful sight, not as long as he was in the air. Romania would be proud of their aces, he was sure of it. Even if that woman beating gimp Kieper dragged the nation into war.

"Chief of staff Field Marshall Keiper

The Airforce stands poised to meet your demands. I believe spring will allow us time to refit our Squadrons and prepare for duty.. If you can ascertain approval, I need all squadrons refitted with arms and repairs made so that all are at maximum capacity for war!

I would ask formally that operation Dragonfly be implemented ASAP in accordance with our future actions. I have today ordered all my Squadron commanders to restrict thier pilots to thier respective airbases and that thier alert status be upgraded immediately incase action is requested. If I can do anything else I am at your disposal Field Marshall.

Your loyal Air Marshall,
Reichswehr"

Alexandria finished reading the letter and looked up at Keiper. His cheek bones were well toned in the moonlight that shone down through the tree tops.

"We shall meet his demands," said Keiper, "if I wish to do to the Bulgarians what Franco did to the Basque." He smiled and lit a cigarette, inhaling the nicotine before saying, "The Basque do not quell against him any more. The same will be said of the Bulgarians after my air force destroys their will."

Alexandria nodded, only because she knew that was what Keiper wanted. She actually wished she could have asked why they had driven out to the middle of the forest, but she knew Keiper would reveal it in good time.

Finally, a troop transport pulled up through the road and parked just a few feet before them. Ten Romanian soldiers poured out, and with them came a man bound and gagged. Alexandria's eyes widened as she realized who it was...it was the Chief of the Army, Matiandos [FIN]!

"Ah, Matiandos [FIN]," said Keiper, walking foward, his cane poking the ground with each step, "you've arrived."

Matiandos [FIN] looked up at Keiper with only one eye - the other was bloodied into a pulp. Blood trailed down his forehead, and his clothes were in tatters. It was almost as if he had been whipped.

"You've been a naughty young lad," said Keiper, shaking his finger at his inferior, "trying to put the army and air force together? And under your command no less? Perhaps if we were a nation of fools we might have fallen for such an obvious power play, but we are not fools, Matiandos [FIN]."

Matiandos [FIN] tried to leap forward, as if to strike at Keiper, but the soldiers held a firm grip on him. Besides, his arms were tied firmly together. Keiper nodded to the soldiers and they dragged Matiandos [FIN] to a large ditch before a line of trees. They placed him on his knees and then stepped back. Matiandos [FIN] tried to talk through his gag, as if to reason with Keiper, but all that could be understood were mumbles.

Alexandria moved a bit closer and saw Keiper reach into his coat. Her eyes widened when his hands left it...and brandished forth a pistol!

Keiper sneered happily and placed the butt of the gun against the back of the man's head. "If I can't have you," said Keiper, "the devil will."

A bright light erupted through the forest. Matiandos [FIN] fell forward into the ditch. His legs quivered once, and then his whole body went limp.

The soldiers turned and headed back to the troop transport. They were gone in seconds. Keiper turned and headed back to his vehicle, grabbing Alexandria by the arms and tugging at her. She was staring at the ditch with her black eyes opened wide.

"Don't be an idiot," said Keiper, "you've seen dead bodies before."

Alexandria nodded and finally broke from Keiper, walking to the driver's side and entering it. When Keiper had seated himself and was comfortable, Alexandria asked, "So...what now, sir?"

"Take me back to the base, I have some more planning to do," said Keiper, "as for now...the army is currently under my direct control."

Wow... the Chief of Staff pulls no punches. Umm... I think I'll remain on the sidelines for the time being, see how this war with Bulgaria goes. runs to jump in his armoured car and speed off...

Security Minister

Cdat strolls into his office with almost a spring in his step. He walks up to the chess board by the window and tips a Bishop over. He points his finger at it and mouths 'BANG'.

His staff look on in puzzlement as he leaves whistling "Another Bites the Dust".

Security Minister

As Cdat left the building, some soldiers came marching by singing out their cadence. 'You are proud now but what of when the bullets fly?' He wondered as they called out their sad melody:

He was just a cherry trooper and he surely shook with fright
as he checked all his equipment and made sure his pack was tight
He had to sit and listen to the awful engines roar,
And he ain't gonna jump no more.
CHORUS:Gory, Gory, What a helluva way to die
Gory, Gory, What a helluva way to die
He ain’t gonna jump no more.
“Is everybody happy?” cried the Sergeant, looking up.Our hero feebly answered “yes,” and then they stood him up.
He leaped right out into the blast, his static line unhooked.
He counted long, he counted loud, he waited for the shock;
He felt the wind, he felt the clouds, he felt the awful drop;
He jerked his cord,the silk spilled out and wrapped around his legs.
The risers wrapped around his neck,
connectors cracked his dome;
The lines were snarled and tied in knots,
around his skinny bones;
The canopy became his shroud,
he hurtled to the ground.
Gory, Gory,What a helluva way to die
The days he’d lived and loved and laughed kept running through his mind;
He thought about the girl back home,
the one he’d left behind;
He thought about the medics and wondered what they’ed find.
The ambulance was on the spot,
the jeeps were running wild;
The medics jumped and screamed with glee,
they rolled their sleeves and smiled;
For it had been a week or more since last a chute had failed.
He hit the ground, the sound was splat,
his blood went spurting high;
His comrades were then heard to say,
“A helluve way to die”;
He lay there rolling ‘round in the welter of his gore.
There was blood upon the risers, there were brains upon the chute;
Intestines were a-dangling from this paratrooper’s boots;
They picked him up, still in his chute and poured him from his boots.
Gory, Gory, What a helluva way to dieGory, Gory,
What a helluva way to die
He ain’t gonna jump no more :eek:

Foreign Minister

Bareskeen was sitting at his desk wading through a lengthy Romano/Turkish trade document. He was bored to death with the barrage of Government speak that adorned such tomes. Desperately seeking inspiration he looked around the office.

Empty mugs containing the dregs of cold coffee sat atop the small cabinet to the left of his desk. Czar's vacuous grin stared out at Lazlo from one side of each mug whilst slogans extolling the illustrious leaders virtues filled the other.

To the front of him, behind the three comfortable chairs and mahogany coffee table that constituted the informal business area of the office roared one of the great fires that could be found in most of the larger rooms within the old Foreign Office Building. An enormous map of Romania hung above the mantelpiece that had been provided by Minister Elbasto's office. Doubtless another administrative oversight had caused the printing of a dozen 8 feet by 6 feet maps rather than the requested 8 inch by 6 inch schematics. Could no one get it right in this cursed country?

To the right placed on a pedestal atop the drinks cabinet was Bareskeen’s most prized possession, a priceless antique Celestial Globe manufactured by Cassini of Rome. It hadn’t helped when Czar (having wandered into Bareskeen’s office by accident) tried to break the Globe in half in whilst attempting to find the drinks miniatures he thought were inside.

The office door opened and Petrescu, Lazlo’s Principal Private Secretary, walked in.

‘Sorry to disturb you Minister but this is important, it can’t wait’

‘What can’t?’ replied Bareskeen.

‘It would appear Minister, that the Chief of the Army has been rather dramatically dealt with by Chief of Staff Keiper’ advised Petrescu ‘In fact I am reliably informed that Henry Keiper literally took the matter into his own hands by shooting the former Chief of the Army himself’

‘He did what!’ exclaimed Bareskeen. ‘When did this happen? What are the military doing at the moment? Does the Head of State know about this?’

His mind now racing Bareskeen considered the implications of what he had just learnt. Standing up he near shouted at Petrescu

‘ Christ Camil, what a time to take advantage of the increased mobilisation of our troops, has anyone for even one second thought that this might not be about the removal of a failed General but may be the start of something more serious?’

With shaking hands Bareskeen picked up the phone and dialled a memorised number. The voice at the other end answered in clipped syllables, Bareskeen spoke into the phone ‘It’s me, are you free to speak? Good, now listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.………………….’

Chief of the Superior Romanian AirForce

MEMORANDUM
Chief of Airforces
To: Lt.Gen GTG21
Commander 1st Squadron

Major General thegonzo
1st Squadron Attachment, Commander 2nd Squadron
Subject: Situation Report

Be advised, it has come to my attention that a matter of great importance has just occured. I have learned that General Mantidos, Chief of Army,
has just been murdered and that Chief of Staff, Field Marshall Herny V. Kieper has assumed command to prevent any anarchy, uprisings, or disruption of ranks. Upgrade your Squadrons alert status from Level 2, to level 1 immediately. All fighters and bombers are to be fueled and readied to launch at a moments noticed. I want the SP ( SRA Special Police) guards protecting our aeroplanes from any kinda of attack or sabatoge and 24 hour watch of base permeters to contend with anyone who might decide to AWOL or participate or spread today's anarchy. We do not know at this time whether the General's death was domestic or an assination by an outside source. We must presume that since hostilities have been mounting between us and the Bulgarians that they be considered suspect. Please refrain from informing your pilots of this news, for we do not know what tomorrows orders will bring and due to thier restriction and inspections of incoming and outfoing mail, there should be no news of this action within compounds. If there is any suspicion of your inferiors I order you to take immediate action in qathering facts and questioning them and reporting to me ASAP. I am awaitng orders from the Chancellor or Chief of Staff, I will continue to notify you as I am updated.

Minister Of Finance, Planing And Production

After reading the memo twice, El Basto shred it and threw it to the bin.
“This is just the tip of the iceberg; luckily the army will now have a better lobbyist” he thought for himself while trying to mentally sketch the new chief of army’s personality.

“Petru!”

“Yes sir?” the assistant answered while timidly opening the door.

“I want you to contact my attorney, Dr. Tepes right away. Tell him that I must see him today if possible. That will be all.”

With nothing else to say but a nod, the secretary left the room to focus on his work.

After that, the ministry sat on his desk and started writing:
“Bucharest, February the 3rd, 1937. I, El Basto, with full control of my capabilities, have decided to write this holographic testament should anything happen to me…”
After rereading the document three times, El Basto signed it and placed it in an envelope.

“One o’ clock, time for lunch”, he said to nobody while having quick glance through the window. “Luckily I brought my umbrella”.
He put on his coat and left the room.

Security Minister

Cdat arrived at the naval base and proceeded briskly to Panda’s office. The news he brought, had to be given in person. No lackey could be trusted with news of this magnitude. He entered Commodore Pandas office, bypassed the enlisted secretary’s desk and entered the office. Panda looked mad as he raised his eyes before recognizing who was before him. Cdat handed Panda a manila envelope. Panda looking worried, tore open the end and pulled out the paperwork inside. As he read the letter, his face went ashen.

“There must be a mistake….” Panda stated as he finished the memo.

“No mistake, Sir.” Cdat stated as he took back the paperwork, removed a lighter and lit the damning sheet afire. “Our investigation is complete and that is the result.” With that said, Cdat turned and left as quickly as he came. He had to wait before crossing the street as a company of trainee sailors jogged past, singing in cadence:

it was on the good ship Venus
By Christ, ya’ shoulda’ seen us
The figurehead was a whore in bed
And the mast, a mammoth penis

The captain of this lugger
He was a dirty bugger
He wasn't fit to shovel shit
From one place to another

Chorus:
Friggin' in the riggin'
Friggin' in the riggin'
Friggin' in the riggin'
There was f*ck all else to do

The captains name was Morgan
By Christ, he was a gorgon
Ten times a day he'd stop and play
With his f*ckin' organ

The first mate's name was cooper
By Christ he was a trooper.
He jerked and jerked until he worked
Himself into a stupor

Chorus

The second mate was Andy
By Christ, he had a dandy
Till they crushed his cock on a jagged rock
For cumming in the brandy

The cabin boy was flipper
He was a f*ckin' n--ger
He stuffed his @ss with broken glass
And circumcised the skipper

Chorus

The captain's wife was Mabel
To f*ck she was not able
So the dirty shits, they nailed her tits
Across the barroom table

The captain had a daughter
Who fell in deep sea water
And by her squeals we knew the eels
Had found 'er sexual quarters…

After they passed on by, he entered his sedan and instructed the driver on where to go next.

The pilots and ground crew of the air base were lined up in their dress uniform along the runway. A band behind was playing the unit's official march. Keiper's car drove past them and ended at the main building, where Reichswehr headquarters lay. The air marshal was expecting him after Keiper had sent word of his visit.

As soon as Alexandria had parked the car, Keiper leaned out and stood himself up. He coughed into his red hankerchef before telling Alexandria to wait in the car, and then he moved into the building.

All of Reichwehr's aides called out his arrival and stood at attention. Keiper brushed past them all and headed right for Reichswehr, who was at his desk at attention as well.

"Be seated," said Keiper, "I brought some thing. It's the minutes from the court martial."

He lay a group of sheets down, stapled at the top. Reichswehr picked them up and looked over them. The chief of staff adjusted his collar and sat down on a plush chair across the room, leaning his cane against the wall. "Of particular interest is page four, when the prosecutor got the truth out of him after much nagging."

Meanwhile, across town, Kilgore finally arrived at his office. He had been vacationing on the Black Sea coast when his aide had showed up, unwanted and unwelcome, to inform him of the untimely death of the Chief of the Army. The Black Sea coast trip was his first vacation in a quite a long time. He had decided to vacation before the invasion of Bulgaria because he knew that he would never get away then.

On his way back from the coast, however, his car broke down and he was forced to get it fixed before he could continue his journey. Goddamn Russian cars. They were pieces of crap, but at least they were cheap and easy to repair. A sledgehammer came in handy during his repair.

As soon as he got into his office, he told his secretary to gather all the files on the incident, and he commanded that he should not be disturbed.

Last edited:
Chief of the Superior Romanian AirForce

Reichswehr was overjoyed to have such a prestigous and personal visit from the Chief of Staff himself. Reichswehr had the Air Base in Bucheresti emaculate in preperation for his arrival. Reichswehr had his SP escort the Chief of Staff in from the gates at the outpost. Field Marshall Keiper was to be awed by the saluting pilots and ground crew, in thier class A attires, that he passed on his way in. Once Reichswehr had heard that Keiper was in the compound it was to late, for the Field Marshall was standing in front of him. Reichswehr rose for the occasion! "Field Marshall Kieper what a pleasant surprise!" The Field Marshall handed a copy of the minutes to Reichswehr. After reading the minutes and forming his own opinion of the incident, Reichswehr looked at the Field Marshall and said, " It all seems proper, for how can one argue with the finding of ones unbiased peers!" and with the that the minutes were passed back to the Field Marshall. "So what becomes of the Army now?," asked Reichswehr. " you are the Chief of Staff and so it is expected that you temporarily assume command of the army until another general can be put into place! You know Field Marshall that if you do assume command, everyone will be watching closely to ensure that you are diligently pursuing a replacement! If you do not, your peers may construe your inaction as an act of power consolidation." With that Reichswehr awaited a most important response from the Field Marshall!

*bump*

Keiper smiled and tapped the cane a few times on his knee. He was pleased that his inferior had not grown suspicious and was pleased to see the respect given to him upon arriving at the base.

"Of course, I will find a replacement," he replied, "although due to the war, it might have to come later. Believe me, the strain of personal command can grow weary on you, and I would be more than happy to pass it on to some one else." Keiper laughed a little, coughing into his red hankerchef when the need arose. "Any way, there would be nothing suspicious for others to suspect any way. As I said to some one else in private conversation, I was already in command of the army, air force, and navy. The only difference is I have gotten rid of the 'middle man' for the army, as it were." Keiper laughed again, and again he coughed. He began to wonder what he could possibly have caught? The cold from the previous night must have done some thing to him.

"In the meanwhile, if you have any suggestions for a replacement, I would be more than happy to humor you. I am open to suggestions, as I hope you have already noticed with my co-operation." Keiper smiled again at his Air Marshal.

Chief of Superior Romanian AirForces

"Field Marshall," Reichswehr said standing at attention in front of the man he secretly admired and worshipped. "I do not know of any quality generals who are befitting of such rank and responsiblilty at this time. However since all branches are affected by such a major decision I would ask respectfully that if anyone is recommended, that we inferiors atleast be able to tender our imput before they are implaced." Reichswehr lamented, hoping that the Field Marshall could understand such a valid request. "I know that the descision is ultimately yours sir, but, consider the implications of having insight from all your highest ranking subordinates in such a matter." Reichswehr knew that the repore between himself and the Field Marshall was enduring and strong, and that such a request would not be taken with ill regard. "I know that if war prevails here in the balkans that I can trust in you and you in I, I have no reservations with you leading the Army firsthand. My men and I know that you are a prudent and competent man and the Air Force and Army will colaborate together in a brilliant and victorious manner, for the greater good of Romanian!

Keiper nodded and gave a fatherly smile, "Of course, my dear air-marshal, of course. If some one is nominated, I will request thoughts from you and our Chief of the Navy." While Keiper admitted personally that he had some thing of an ego, he was not - contrary to what his political enemies said - an idiot. The Chief of the Army and the Chief of the Air Force would have to work together on the coming wars, and if they hated each other there would be no success...and that would look very bad on his part. It was a humble notion that was stressed for his own survival.

"War is coming soon," said Keiper, "I will probably have to postpone the recommendations for replacement until afterward. However, this shouldn't be a problem I assume, since we both know each other well enough?"

Keiper was sitting in his headquarters relaxing by the fire. He was adorned in his red robe with intricate, gold designs, and his cane was resting against the side of the armchair. In the Chief of Staff's lap was a copy of a book called "Infantry Attacks" by a man called Erwin Rommel. He had been a German officer during the Great War, and had even fought against the Romanians near the end of the war. Of particular interest to Keiper was the section regarding the Romanians - he was learning from past mistakes, mistakes that he himself had taken part in not as commander but as soldier.

"Hurry with those papers, girl," Keiper called out to Alexandria. She rushed out of the back room, still in her uniform and carrying a huge stack of papers. They were a compilation of maps, facts and figures, and speech notes for tomorrow. The following day, at two in the afternoon, Keiper would be addressing his inferior officers, his peers, and maybe even his superior czar1111, on the invasion of Bulgaria.

Alexandria, a sweatdrop coming down her brow, put the papers on the edge of the desk and sighed with relief. Then, as if fate had ordained it, the papers went tumbling off the table and scattered about.

"Stupid girl!" barked Keiper. "Pick it up!"

Alexandria nodded, bending down to pick up the first few sheets. Keiper grabbed his cane and knocked her on the back of the head with it's head. "And make sure you have it organized!"

"Y-yes sir," replied Alexandria in a shivering, whispery tone.

Keiper gave a small groan and returned to his reading. Tomorrow, he would finally prove his merit among his pupils and peers alike, and he would show those who whispered "fool of a gimp" behind his back.

Keiper exited his vehicle as soon as Alexandria had opened the door for him. Before him stood a tall mansion. Inside would be the open space he had arranged for all his inferior and superior officers, as well as his peers, to join to hear his plan for the invasion of Bulgaria. He smiled for a moment as he fixed his hat and coat before walking in.

Upon his entrance, a shout from an officer went out and all inferior officers stood at attention. Keiper had always liked the sound of clicked boots in unison - it gave him a sense of re-assurance with command and discipline. He continued to walk down the aisle, the tap of his cane and the romp of his foot making a dot-thump, dot-thump. When he was finally positioned at the podium, Keiper turned and cleared his throat, speaking into the microphone:

"As you were."

The sound of men shuffling back into their chairs was heard, and then Keiper continued:

"Gentlemen, officers, and your excellency," Keiper nodded graciously to his superior, noticing a new medal just above the new one from last week, "as you know, for the past few months we have been discussing the future of Romania's history. And now, the time has come for us to prove to the rest of Europe that we were not the weak power we were in the Great War. Now, it is time for us to rise from the ashes like a pheonix and display our light to the darkness. As a result...your government has made plans for war."

A brief murmur broke out among the lower officers. Keiper smiled, letting it settle before continuing his speech:

"For the past two weeks, I have been working with your divisional commanders regarding the plans for the attack, and after many trials with war games we have come up with this plan. Let us go into detail regarding the invasion...of Bulgaria."

Keiper waved his hand, and on cue Alexandria tugged on some curtain string to the left of the stage. Immediately, the huge curtain came down, and a large map of Bulgaria and southern Romania was revealed to the room. Again, there was much murmering from the lower officers. Keiper turned and began to give his formal address:

"Now, let us begin the lecture regarding the attack.

Preliminary Findings

Dissent will become a big issue. We estimate a 20% hit from the populace, but this can easily be done with should funds be transferred to the consumer goods market. Another major problem will be world attention to the conflict, but the only problem we might find there is Germany, who will not like a threat against a fellow dictator. Therefore, we suggest that relations with Germany be improved and that we reach an alliance with Germany by the end of the year. Then when we declare war on Bulgaria, it shall be Germany's war as well. Should any other nations intervene, we have an important ally to back us up. However, if that is not possibly by the time of war, and Germany should declare war on us, then we should not be so worried. We will discuss later on in the lecture, in detail, on how to defend against Germany. The more important matter, that being the dissent hit, must be taken care of within the first few weeks, lest Bulgaria should better her defenses. After many simulations, we have found that lowering the dissent to 18% or even 19% is effecient for a Romanian attack.

The plan is divided into three phases, code-named by different colors. They are known - in proper order - as Attack Plans Red, Yellow, and Black. We shall go into more detail about them now.

Attack Plan Red

Romania_Plan_I.jpg

The main attack shall come from Dobrich, in a two-phased attack into Varna and Ruse, about six or seven divisions each. A major aerial attack shall be launched into Varna, our air divisions combined into a single attack mass to promote damage. The units in Bucuresti and Craiova shall be on defensive mode...however, the units stationed in Craiova shall, before or after Varna is secured, go on the attack and cross the Danube into Ruse. The objective of this phase is to secure these two provinces.

Attack Plan Yellow

Romania_Plan_II.jpg

Once Ruse and Varna have been secured, we may move on to the next phase. The objective will be simply the province of Plovdiv, which shall be attacked by all units in Varna, as well as the support units from Bucuresti. The divisions that attacked Ruse from the east shall remain there for defensive positions, and the units in Craiova shall remain where they are as well. The next phase may not be initiated until Plovdiv is secured. Also, air support shall be given, as this is an important part of the campaign.

Attack Plan Black

Romania_Plan_III.jpg

This will be the final phase of the campaign. It's target will be the capital of Bulgaria itself: Sofia. Units in Plovdiv, with the exception of the Bucuresti support units, shall attack from the east, and as soon as battle has engaged half the units from Craiova shall launch a river attack into the territory. The air divisions will assist, bombing Sofia and her defenders into submission.

With Regards to Changes In the Plan

As you can see, this plan is very flexible, and in many simulations we found that it could changed slightly to fit any situation. In one simulation, there was a stiffer defense in Plovdiv. Because of this, the defenses in Sofia were weakened, and we took the initiative: we launched an attack from Ruse and Craiova at the same time, and even with out air support the capital was taken. A few days later Plovdiv was captured as well, and - to put it simply - we won the war. We nicknamed this "Attack Plan Orange." There are many other alternatives we discovered, but all proved that this is a sound strategy.

With Regards to War With Germany

Given the possibility of war with Germany, we played several war games to decide where they would strike. We have decided the most obvious would be the two eastern provinces Constanta or Dobrich, as those are the only Romanian beach heads. The Romanian navy can offer no defense against the German navy, and so the best we can do is prepare for the marine landings. Improving coastal defenses here would be the best course, but only if possible. We simulated an attack with out them, and we found it to be most succesful. the key is to have three infantry divisions in each region, as the most we can expect from the Germans at their present state are three infantry divisions - not marine or special forces, simply German boys thrown against the shores of Romania. If they attack one region - say, Constanta - then the units in the other region can mobilize and move out to assist the defenders. This will prove to the world that Romania is not a power easily annexed."

Keiper stopped and eyed the crowd, catching the glimpses of five men before continuing with, "Now...are there any questions so far?"

Security Minister

"Most excellent, good sir." Cdat said with a slight smile. Glee in his thoughts on the dissent quelling ideas he had.