• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
All verbs could (should) use past instead of present in the description.

yes i know, who wrote this old event

YodaMaster said:
Fine for me, it will indeed "help" Venice not trying to convert Greek provinces too much. But we have to check possible side effects too.

you will need to remove their missionaries from the start as well

YodaMaster said:
Please amend post #689 for reference then.

oops, no amendment needed as VEN start with 0 missionaries, then with level 6 innov, they get -0.80 , but gain +1.00 due to being catholic , so final outcome is +.20 per year .

we can test these but maybe a +7 start would be better

Toio said:
oops, no amendment needed as VEN start with 0 missionaries, then with level 6 innov, they get -0.80 , but gain +1.00 due to being catholic , so final outcome is +.20 per year .

we can test these but maybe a +7 start would be better

+7 sounds better. They would be at -0.20 then, and it reflects the historical innovativeness of Venice of that age quite well.

Tested the issue of +7 innov for VEN and it gives VEN a slight edge in land tech level with its fellow italian states.

Best is +6 , and the tech levels are roughly equal with other italian states by level 11

The one missionary for VEN we will just have to live with it

Tested the issue of +7 innov for VEN and it gives VEN a slight edge in land tech level with its fellow italian states.

Best is +6 , and the tech levels are roughly equal with other italian states by level 11

The one missionary for VEN we will just have to live with it
Ok, +6 only then.

For Cyprus, current gfx set becomes cypLusignan and will be used at start in 1419 scenario.

New default set:

shieldcypnd8.png

smallshieldcypmd6.png

shieldcypbx2.png

smallshieldcypll8.png

flagcyplg5.png

Modified event:
Code:
#(1474) The death of the last Lusignan
event = {
	id = 154017
	random = no
	country = CYP
	name = "EVENTNAME154017" #The death of Jacques III, last of the Lusignan
	desc = "EVENTHIST154017"
	#-#

date = { day = 6 month = july year = 1474 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154017A" #It is all very sad
		[COLOR="Yellow"]command = { type = flagname which = "" } #Default CoA[/COLOR]
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 50 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 12 }
		[COLOR="Yellow"]command = { type = remove_countryculture which = french }[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#The tragedy haswas not finished for young Caterina Cornaro. At 20 years of age she hashad seen too many people die, but now it iswas her son, the King Jacques III Lusignan who diesdied while she was preparing his first birthday party. With him, the Lusignan dinasty becomesbecame extinct. It also meansmeant the last of the Frankish Kingdoms in Levant and the end of a dream built over blood. By virtue of having named her -Daughter of St. Mark-, Venice becomesbecame the heir of the Kingdom of Cyprus, but only if she doesunder condition for her to not re-marry or have any children. Her destiny hashad also been sealed. Her life willwould be spared, but her freedom hashad disappeared. She willwould always be watched and controlled. Perhaps due to her tragedy, Caterina winswon the love of her Greek subjects, that for the first time supported a Latin ruler.

I'm not sure for the description, please correct if necessary.

About culture, according to post #661:
Code:
#(1434) Marriage of Jean II
#revised by Aylo1
event = {
	id = 154004
	random = no
	country = CYP
	name = "EVENTNAME154004" #The Marriage of Jean II
	desc = "EVENTHIST154004"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1434 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154004A" #Best wishes to the royal couple
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -2 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPR value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = KNI value = -25 } #Catholic states
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = -25 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -25 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -25 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -25 }
		[COLOR="Yellow"]command = { type = add_countryculture which = greek }[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#As the last Kings of Jerusalem, the Lusignans were great defenders of the Catholic faith, often in collusion with their Greek subjects. The decision of Jean II to marry Helen Paléologue, daughter of Theodore II of Morea, and granddaughter of the Basileos Rhomaion Manuel II (Emperor of Byzantium) was unprecedented and well received by the Cypriot-Greeks. Through her patronage, local Greek culture flourished and royal power was strengthened. Her actions naturally alarmed the Catholic Franks but they couldn't depose her without upsetting the Cypriot-Greeks who revered her as a heroine.

And french culture instead of greek in 1419_CYP_Cyprus.inc.

Last edited:
About Athens, we have post #661 + post #667 but gaining Greek culture will always be linked to the existence of OE (unlikely but we never know => my objection).
I'm not sure what to do with post #671.

About the proposed breakvassal command by Lord Grave in post #672 and post #673, something is still missing. As I mentioned, better find another solution because of the bug of the breakvassal command => triggered event or twin event of the original one with vassal condition.

*bump* for post #731...

Other thing related to Athens:
According to description of ATH_117005 "Young Lovers end Athens": Mehmet II of the Ottoman Empire intervened at the insistence of the Athenian people on the behalf of the young duke Francis and summoned Bartolommeo and Chiara to his court at Adrianople. Another Acciajuoli, Francis II, was sent to Athens as a Turkish client duke and Chiara thus deprived of her power in the city. Evidently, the citizenry had mistrusted the two lovers influence over the young duke, for whose safety they may have feared. The new duke had Chiara murdered in 1454 at Megara and Bartolomeo appealed to the sultan for justice. The sultan outraged that Francis II took measures in his own hands, decided to take Athens into Turkish hands and Francis II deposed.

Why haven't we an event for OE to "inherit" Athens in 1454 under condition Athens is still a vassal and Francis II (014505) is the ruler (if no alternate Chalkokondylos dynasty)? Should really OE break vasselage and annex? Does it make sense?

Last edited:
If it was a clean-cut inheritance, sure, go for it.

If it involved some sort of war between Athens & the Ottomans, then it's perhaps best to simulate it through giving the Ottomans a core, or perhaps forcing a DoW.

This is why I ask. I'm not sure there is a war involved according to the description. Anyway, Athens remains Ottoman vassal in many tests even after 1460 and Lord Grave proposed a breakvassal command in post #672 and post #673.

OE gains a core on Hellas in 1451 with TUR_301002 "The Conquests of Mehmed II The Conqueror".

*bump* for post #731...

Other thing related to Athens:
According to description of ATH_117005 "Young Lovers end Athens": Mehmet II of the Ottoman Empire intervened at the insistence of the Athenian people on the behalf of the young duke Francis and summoned Bartolommeo and Chiara to his court at Adrianople. Another Acciajuoli, Francis II, was sent to Athens as a Turkish client duke and Chiara thus deprived of her power in the city. Evidently, the citizenry had mistrusted the two lovers influence over the young duke, for whose safety they may have feared. The new duke had Chiara murdered in 1454 at Megara and Bartolomeo appealed to the sultan for justice. The sultan outraged that Francis II took measures in his own hands, decided to take Athens into Turkish hands and Francis II deposed.

Why haven't we an event for OE to "inherit" Athens in 1454 under condition Athens is still a vassal and Francis II (014505) is the ruler (if no alternate Chalkokondylos dynasty)? Should really OE break vasselage and annex? Does it make sense?

i proposed this last year and got nowhere, so I support this

It is time to answer my questions in post #731 too.

About the "inheritance", I made a quick search in French sources (Imago Mundi):
Les Turcs attaquent.
Sous le règne de Nerio II, les Turcs recommencèrent de plus belle leurs incursions, et, bien qu'à la suite d'uns première invasion, où ils avaient pillé Thèbes, Nério se fût reconnu leur tributaire, ils vinrent de nouveau l'attaquer parce qu'il s'était uni contre eux aux Grecs du Péloponnèse. Nerio renouvela sa soumission, mais alors les Grecs, se considérant comme trahis par lui, envahirent l'Attique et assiégèrent Athènes. Nerio II, incapable de leur résister, capitula (1444) et promit de payer tribut au despote de Misitra, Constantin Dracosès (devenu plus tard, en 1449, le dernier empereur grec de Constantinople). Mais, furieux d'avoir été vaincu, il fit aussitôt appel aux Turcs, qui s'empressèrent de venir à son secours avec une formidable armée, reprirent Thèbes qu'ils lui rendirent, et pénétrèrent dans le Péloponnèse, qu'ils mirent à feu et à sang (1446).

A sa mort, survenue en 1454, Nerio Il laissa le duché à son neveu Franco (fils de son frère Antonio, qui lui-même paraît avoir porté le titre de duc d'Athènes de 1439 à 1441 sans que l'on sache bien à la suite de quelles circonstances), sous la tutelle de sa femme. Celle-ci s'étant remariée avec an jeune Vénitien, Bartolomeo Contarini, fils du gouverneur de Nauplie, partagea la régence avec son nouvel époux qui chercha à supplanter Franco et à se faire nommer duc titulaire par le sultan. Mais ce dernier n'y consentit pas, et confirma la possession du duché à Franco pour lequel il avait, dit-on, une affection tout orientale. Franco ne se borna pas à prendre la place de la régente, sa tante, il la fit de plus mettre à mort (1454). Aussitôt le sultan, prenant prétexte de ce meurtre pour lui déclarer la guerre, envoya le pacha de Thessalie, Omar, assiéger Athènes (1456). Franco se défendit bravement dans l'Acropole, pourtant il fut bientôt obligé de se rendre. Athènes fut alors placée sous la domination directe de la Porte ottomane (1458). La Béotie avec Thèbes resta seule à Franco. mais, en 1462, le sultan fit tuer le malheureux duc, qu'il accusait d'avoir conspiré contre lui, et réunit à son empire ce dernier reste du duché d'Athènes. Des deux villes d'Argos et de Nauplie qui avaient longtemps relevé en fief des sires et des ducs d'Athènes, la première fut enlevée aux Vénitiens par les Turcs en 1463; la seconde, après avoir défié pendant plus d'un siècle toutes les attaques des Musulmans, fut cédée volontairement à la Porte par la République vénitienne en 1540.
There should be a war because of the sentence to death of Claire by Franco (as Ottoman vassal) and thus importance of a breakvassal command in 1454.

It is time to answer my questions in post #731 too.

About the "inheritance", I made a quick search in French sources (Imago Mundi):
There should be a war because of the sentence to death of Claire by Franco (as Ottoman vassal) and thus importance of a breakvassal command in 1454.

I originally had a breakvassal command, but without a WAR command as well, ATH will get into an alliance, with either one of 3 groups, HUN, VEN, NAP/ARG
So , as tested will not work.

(not sure if this is the right place to post this)

why is dobrudja slavonic???

i coud see why would be as such in 1419( still a mix of many cultures at that time). but once dobruja IS ceeded to valachia( as it DID happen, forgat the exact year but sometimes before the greek "domnitori" no?).

so there shall be a new event where IF walachia becomes a turkish vassl then dobruja is ceeded to walachia AND it switches culture to romanian ( as it happened shortlly thereafter). dobruja became a NOMINAL part of romania by means of a treaty with one of the turkish sulatns, in exchange for stronger cooperation with the port(vassal).

just need to research the exact date

edit: since at it, dobruja IS a marsh terrain; also having the goods as "wine" is WRONG, walachia province COULD be wine indeed but not dobruja wich should be fish;

i am realizing that this particular province has not been researched and implemented properlly as of yet.

Last edited:
Could you please give source(s) for this?

No objection for goods and terrain changes if more appropriate but cession could become a real problem for Turkish expansion (not to mention core) if the cession is for the whole province that is depicted on the map.