• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Situation in Riga is grave... the red army must hold it out.

screensave131rs9.jpg

Situation in Smolensk isn't very good either, this is one of our big airfields...

screensave132kt5.jpg

screensave134uy3.jpg

The brave Red Army's soldiers quicky crossed the river and punish the Germans badly.

screensave133ty5.jpg

everyone don't understand why Goering send his stukas on banzai missions.

screensave135ym4.jpg

another offensive in South, aiming to cut off the Germans, if possible.

screensave139zp7.jpg

our forces in North achieved tremendous success. The Germans just dies like flies under the new rocket launchers.

screensave141lk7.jpg

screensave142pn8.jpg

The attempt to cut off the Germans seemed quite impossible.. another attack is launched towards Kherson just to relieve the pocket

screensave146zu1.jpg

Finally the Red Army advanced!!!
screensave148ke1.jpg

Heroes of Odessa.

with the Liberation of Kherson, Odessa is saved. They are called the "Heroes of Odessa" later in History

screensave150ly1.jpg

Die fascists!!!

screensave151gl0.jpg

German Soldier: Runnnnnnn it's the Russians!!

screensave153cs2.jpg

Riga, unfortunately, falled.

screensave154tc6.jpg

Pull back!!!, we punished them badly enough

screensave160pf8.jpg

some minor victories.

screensave156yi9.jpg

some great victories in south.

screensave162dh4.jpg

screensave165da8.jpg

Victories boost morale, for sure.

screensave167ah4.jpg

Bloody Germans...!! they are not that weak as imagined..

screensave170gj2.jpg

The Great Counter Offensives- Part 1​

the Attack isn't that successful after German reinforced the area..
screensave172uu2.jpg

screensave174lp9.jpg

The situation isn't very good even reinforcements arrived after the liberation of Balta.

screensave176ru4.jpg

In the North, the Germans falled into a deathtrap.

screensave177me7.jpg

The offensive in South is called off to wait for a better chance.

screensave180yq1.jpg

the German mobile defensive forces are formidable...losses are heavy, it was soon called off.

screensave181ik0.jpg

The Red Army is running short of manpower soon...

screensave189wd4.jpg

as Stalin expected , the Germans decide to go elsewhere ...

screensave190eb2.jpg

that's all of this weekend update

Enewald said:
Ojoi, the germans are holding... :(
Send more brave russian boys and girls to the front! And maybe some older folk,too. :rofl:

they are doing second line duties of guarding airfields (which i got so many planes there), important cities, defense in depth, and cannonfodders...

i am also surprised by the Germans that could still attack me in such scale.... quite historical , huh, but still i am disappointed by the German AI, since it's an AI anyway it's stupid ....

but i think the WIF AI is best at combat!!!

it sucked a bit in Garrisoning beach and other things...i always see japan got crushed too early.

The main problems come from the multiple-fronts issue. It's quite impossible to make the AI garrison its beaches properly while launching massive offensive at the east front.
Same thing for Japan, the AI just doesnt have enough troops to fight in China, fight in South Pacific, fight in North Pacific and defend the homeland. Also keep in mind that an early Japanese defeat is not necessarily due to a bad JAP AI. It can also be due to nice CHI, ENG and USA AI.

Fernando Torres said:
The main problems come from the multiple-fronts issue. It's quite impossible to make the AI garrison its beaches properly while launching massive offensive at the east front.
Same thing for Japan, the AI just doesnt have enough troops to fight in China, fight in South Pacific, fight in North Pacific and defend the homeland. Also keep in mind that an early Japanese defeat is not necessarily due to a bad JAP AI. It can also be due to nice CHI, ENG and USA AI.
:( i want manchuria :( i don't want Americans taking it :( i also want north Korea :(

Slaughterhouse​

The Attack on North ended up in failure, losses are heavy....

screensave192ee4.jpg

The Same thing for Smolensk

screensave195kp6.jpg

Adviser 1 : Stalin !! our attack has been repelled!!!

Stalin : what? order them to attack again!!!, they must be cowards that retreat without my permission. I am not sending reinforcements if they are not making any progress.

Soviet Commanders : soldiers , we have no more reinforcements, just die for the motherland!!!

screensave197ke7.jpg

Mogliev is reinforced but still no good progress...

screensave198ci3.jpg

it's estimated over 50000 Soviet soldiers are KIA in Battle of Mogliev, over 10000 are missing and 80000 wounded.

screensave200iw1.jpg

Soviet Soldiers : die fascists!!!

Germans : runnnnnn

screensave201ae5.jpg

The Battle of Opochka see over 40000 German deads , according to field commanders.

Immediately after the victory in Opochka, The Red Army decided to continue the attack immediately...

screensave204sg5.jpg

Even German Tanks arrived as reinforcements they cannot save the lives of their fellows, the Tank battle is fierce though.

screensave205os9.jpg

prokhorovkaxq4.jpg

The victory ended with a few German divisions encircled by the Red Army. The Battle ended with tens of thousands of Germans killed, wounded, and captured

screensave206cd6.jpg

Liberation of Latvia​

The Soviet Red Army is unstoppable, Riga is soon capture.

screensave211ke5.jpg

streetfightstralingrad0at0.jpg

in the south, Germans disappeared mysteriously....
screensave214uq8.jpg

?????!!!!!! The Germans are coming from all directions!!!!

Soviet soldiers: hell , the Machine guns overheat!!! runnnnn!!!!

screensave215fn5.jpg

screensave219kx2.jpg

The battle in the North is so fierce.

screensave218kn8.jpg

Because the Germans moved all their men to Army group centre, the job in North is easy.

screensave221zh8.jpg

Another Eventually failed attack.

screensave223un7.jpg

The Germans seemed very keen on Central Breakthrough,

screensave226kw6.jpg

The Red Army is receiving new equipments, since there are no more recruits for reinforcements.

screensave225uq0.jpg

The Boring Winter​

The attack is soon repelled since the Germans no longer have momentum on breakthrough.

screensave229zp5.jpg

The Red Army decided it's time to let the Red Army take a rest and wait for new recruits and equipments in the winter. The Red Airforce rarely fly any sorties to save fuel.

screensave231bf6.jpg

Finally the reinforcements from Mongolia arrived.....
screensave232ki0.jpg

Old man and kids are disbanded ...

screensave235bh7.jpg

All fascist air sorties into Soviet Union are just one way trip, Hitler have almost no idea why his planes just disappeared into the Soviet Union.

screensave237hv8.jpg

no more manpower : (

screensave238vr4.jpg

The 1942 Winter has come. There are no action at all so the Soviet Generals and Stalin just switch on their radios and listen to broadcasts.

screensave239au4.jpg

Darn, Hitler is so greedy.

screensave243bc2.jpg

Stalin just have the October rev. parade., he suddenly want to know about the Red Army's status

screensave244db2.jpg

The Mighty Red Airforce.

screensave245jk7.jpg

Situation : 1943

New year's greeting from the Brits. Hitler must be happy with those bombs.

screensave249tm9.jpg

The Red Airforce received the first Yak-7 fighters. Pilots complaint that the armament is a bit weak.

screensave255cc0.jpg

Aerial Recons.

screensave254ny3.jpg

screensave256xp8.jpg

screensave258nr9.jpg

It seemed the Brits stopped the bombing...

screensave260hf2.jpg

good news, the Brits defeated those Siamese.

screensave266vg6.jpg

some bad news though, poor canadians.

screensave267wp9.jpg

Adviser 1 : hmm Comrade Stalin , they say they will start acting when the Red Army offensive begins, somewhat in April or May.

Adviser 2 : (comes in ) god damn, it seemed our men had the wrong calendar!!!

screensave262ti0.jpg

***top secret ***

Stalin just read the proposal of the 1943 offensive.

screensave268ng5.jpg

1. A Huge offensive will be launched in North, Centre and South.

2. according to Aerial recon , North is easy to breakthrough, so the Army in north will penentrate the German lines and advance deep and fast. While in South the Red Army will try to hold the Germans there.

3. Hopefully we will destroy the Army group centre and Army group south in an encirclement movement.

the Baltic Front will try to move into East Prussia, hopefully, if German Resistance is weak.

White Russia Front will try to conquer Poland, hopefully again, if the Germans are destroyed in the south.

It's estimated that the Red Army will start the Offensive in April/May. tens of thousands of Airplanes, Tanks, and Millions of Soldiers are ready to kick the Germans out of the glorious motherland.

Red Army in Baltic : about 120 divisions.

Red Army in Smolensk : about 80 divisions.

Red Army in Ukraine : about 120-140 divisions.

Stalin and his fellows is so optimistic with the plan!

i recommend this music...good for a feel of victory.

that's all for today! see you (hopefully) tomorrow.

Last edited:
thatguy said:
Just read the whole thing, one of the best soviet AAR's I've read yet.
Indeed, it is a very good AAR with a lot of action and pictures:)
How are the germans? Are they unable to reinforce their forces? What have you experienced?

jadam said:
Indeed, it is a very good AAR with a lot of action and pictures:)
How are the germans? Are they unable to reinforce their forces? What have you experienced?

they still looked scary. this is hard until a 2nd front is opened. by those aerial recon there's >10 divisions in every province bordering, imagine...

Sounds like a pretty grand plan. Best of luck!