• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
'Bout time for a new CWoW. Did someone let deadmeat know he'd won?

He was notified, but given that "Gun Club" hasn't been updated in a while, it's quite possible he hasn't checked the forum in a while.

congrats to deadmeat and a belated congrats to Vishaing ! Well done , gents !

I've notified deadmeat through Visitor Message and I've seen he has been online today, so we'll see whether he comes over here.

Thanks Qorten

I'll admit when I nominated him I had only looked at the most recent post in his AAR thread, not the most recent post from him.

If he doesn't show, I'm going to need some help picking next week's because I'm generally not one for narrative or character-driven AARs, so I don't have any others that I read regularly enough to nominate.

lol what I won something? I need to continue that AAr, I lost the savegame, as it was young though I can easily revive it :D

15cpr.jpg

I liked the idea, I'm glad someone else did too :rofl:

Im supposed to nominate someone else?

Yes, you have to nominate someone next week.

Congratulations deadmeat! I'll take a look to your AAR!

Thanks! i'll have to peruse the AAr's for a fitting candidate and actually begin to update mine!!!

I don't deserve an award though, I've barely started :D

Last edited:
lol what I won something? I need to continue that AAr, I lost the savegame, as it was young though I can easily revive it :D

15cpr.jpg

I liked the idea, I'm glad someone else did too :rofl:

Im supposed to nominate someone else?
Yes, please choose a successor. Read the first post for more info. And it should come soon as it's been over a week. ;)

These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State by Iain Wilson

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461015

Because it is crazy, wonderful and brilliant :D

It also has it's own trailer, what more do you need :rofl:

Thomas is my fave, a wimpy Keanu Reeves.

He paused. Thomas, retreating into himself out of fear, was acutely aware of only two sounds - the Colonel's breathing and his own heartbeat; one slow and measured, the other racing frantically. The only two noises the frightened Boer could make out in that cramped and terrifyinging little room. Van Moordenaar, after what seemed like an age, bent down so that his mouth was next to Thomas' ear, and when his voice came it was a slow, sibilant whisper.

"Have you heard of Darwin? Another triumph of Empire. This is about evolution, Mr Van Anders, evolution. Look outside that window. Look at the bodies, the camps and the burning farms. You've had your time. The future is our world, Mr Van Anders, the future is our time."

Well done, Iain! I've been remiss lately keeping up with your various works. For that I apologize but for this, I congratulate you! Enjoy the spotlight. :)

Congratulations, Iain!

Many congratulations! Using your characters are always that delightful mix of depth and complexity that make them interesting!

Congrats Iain. :)

Congrats!