• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The World Situation

ran75.png

On March 1st, the German Community in Belgium declared war on the Finns. After 5 days of war, the GCB was more successful than the Finns, whereas the former lost only one of their provinces, the later lost almost 1/7 of their nation to the Armed Forces of GCB. As well, since the Finns are allied with Flanders, the Communist Bloc may intervene to assist the weaken Finns.

Also, in other world news, the Communist Bloc is at war with the Allied States (Democratic Bloc). No shots were fired between the two bloc; the war between them is sometimes dubbed the "Phony War".

*Servant - I'm not sure, maybe you can :)

Zaak Blauw

ran76.png

Zaak Blauw or Case Blue, the planned invasion of Northern Ireland. Using a predicted future strength of the Imperial Dutch Army, the IDA High Command has created this invasion plan. First, a division of Infantry will target north to occupied a vital resource rich province, also a vp point. Secondly, a Calvary and Infantry division will attempt to encircle the central vp point, forcing the known units to leave their area and enter the Dutch borderlands where the Calvary division will make quick work of them.

As well, a 2nd Calvary division will strike deep into the heart of Northern Ireland to reach a resource rich port city. The last planned offensive in mainland N. Ireland will be the separation of the supply links. An Armored division will cut this vital link with a Milita division providing back up. Now, for the invasion of N. Irish Sri Lanka, a transport fleet loaded with an Infantry division will assault the island.

Many river crossings in your plan. And them Northern Irish have one or more ships, what if they attack your invasion fleet? OTOH if you gank them before they mobilise, they are probably going to bend over. If they are ready for you, I'm guessing you'll have to do some ad hoc re-planning. Interesting.

Gankenstein - Yah but its gonna be a risk i'm willing to take. Sri Lanka will be the secondary target, mainland N.Ireland is the first.

Burds - You are correct, my IC levels aren't that high. After a successful invasion of North Ireland, then I should be able to start churning out Light Armors and maybe normal Armor.

Surt - Yep! by a whole lot, after this, the front will be somewhat smaller, maybe 30%?

Deus Eversor - Well, the plan is still in development, but your suggestion will be considered

Burds - Like I replied, Sri Lanka is a secondary objective, in case the national unity of Northern Ireland is too high that even after my capturing of the mainland, then I would consider that invasion.

Reorganization of the Imperial Dutch Army

ran78.png

After the victory over South Tyrol-Trentino, the Imperial Dutch Army High Command decided that the military would stay the same. However, with the victory of the German Community in Belgium defeating one of the Communist nations, Finland, the IDAHC decided that a major re-structuring of the IDA would be required. The re-structuring affected mostly in the way the divisional commanders handled their reports. Instead of reporting directly to the Field Marshal, now the divisional commanders report to their branch of the IDA. For Example, if Major General Torgersen needed to report an action, he would report to the commander of the Armored HQ who in turn would report to the Army HQ who would report to the Field Marshal.

Imperial Dutch Army High Command

Ghorabari HQ - Field Marshal Antonio Freeman
|​
1st Dutch Army HQ - General Rocky Comfort

Imperial Dutch Army Regional Command
These divisions and their command will report to General Comfort

1st Armored Corp - Lt. General Marvin Duchesne
1st Dutch Armored Division - Mj. General Russell Torgersen
1st Dutch "Torgersen" Armored Brigade
3rd Dutch Artillery Brigade
7th Dutch Anti-Air Brigade

1st Calvary Corp - Lt. Young Layton
2nd Dutch Lancers - Mj. General Benny Lefelore
1st Dutch Regiment of Calvary
2nd Dutch Regiment of Calvary

1st Militia Corp - Lt. General Leandro Liss
Territoriaal Bevel Friesland - Mj. General Benny Lefelore
1st Dutch Militia Brigade
2nd Dutch Militia Brigade
3rd Dutch Militia Brigade

1st Infantry Corp - Lt. General Abel Laborde
1st Dutch Infantry Division - Mj. General Richard Trumbo
4th Dutch Infantry Brigade
5th Dutch Infantry Brigade
6th Dutch Infantry Brigade
2nd Dutch Artillery Brigade
2nd Dutch Infantry Division - Mj. General Rex Fretwell
1st Dutch Infantry Brigade
2nd Dutch Infantry Brigade
3rd Dutch Infantry Brigade
3rd Anti-Tank Brigade

ran77.png
ran79.png

Last edited:
I am surprised that Torgersen and Fretwell didn't get promoted (they were more or less the heroes of the last war. As what Happened to field Marshal Goin?

The two Mj. Generals serve better as divisional commanders, maybe later they will be promoted. Also, Marshal Goin was replaced with the new Marshal because though the later was more experienced, the former had more skills in areas such as Logistics, Combined Arms and Winter experience.

Else Things That Happened

ran79.png

April 14th, 1937, Finnish forces surrender to the German Community in Belgium (GCB). This came as a shock as the GCB had only two small areas, whist the Finns surrounded both of them. Not only that, Finland was part of the Comintern. The nation of Flanders was greatly shocked at this event.

ran80.png
Dutch researchers were able to increase our industrial output by 2.5% as well as invent a new technology; Radar.

ran81.png
Also, Scottish democratic forces landed in Greek Australia and liberated them from their Communist oppressors. Flanders was exceptionally shocked as thy were nearby the newly liberated province.

I thought the other part of Greece was Canada. It makes sense to use the other guy if Goin is only good in the winter and at logistics (he would make a good chief of the army though) I doubt its the last we have seen of him. It looks like the allies are dominating the Commies.

Analysis of Northern Ireland

ran82.png

Our spies report that for the North Irish Army, they are certain that they are operating under a theater known as the Ettaiyapuram HQ located in Tiruppattur. As well, we know another unit that is deployed in the same location. Lastly, we are sure that there are at least 6 Brigades in North Ireland.

ran83.png
As for Aerial forces, Dutch spies are sure that there are two Squadrons of planes in airbases located in Macherla and Tumkur.

ran84.png
Lastly, we are uncertain as to the extent of the North Irish Naval fleet.

ran85.png
By April 25th, 1937, the North Irish are trying to align themselves towards Yemen.

ran86.png
Nearly a month later, they succeed in joining the allies. This will seriously force the IDAHC to re-think their plan for invading Northern Ireland. Zaak Blauw may be altered our given up all together.

* So, Northern Ireland has joined the allies. Should I continue with my planned invasion or choose another nation to invade? Also note that none of their allies border me, though some are close.

DjMangus - Yah, I might add him in as the Dutch Chief of Staff if I learn how to mod that file =P

* So, Northern Ireland has joined the allies. Should I continue with my planned invasion or choose another nation to invade?
If you go for Northern Ireland and if other wars aren't keeping the Allies busy, they will try landing in your ports or possibly sending expeditions to Northern Ireland. To go up against a faction you will need to get above 100 base IC very quickly or thou shalt have thy arse kicked. Unless of course you make some allies of your own.

OTOH there will be a RandomHoi for Semper Fi, so go for it and see if you can last until that releases, then reroll in the new RandomHoi version ;)

If you go for Northern Ireland and if other wars aren't keeping the Allies busy, they will try landing in your ports or possibly sending expeditions to Northern Ireland. To go up against a faction you will need to get above 100 base IC very quickly or thou shalt have thy arse kicked. Unless of course you make some allies of your own.

OTOH there will be a RandomHoi for Semper Fi, so go for it and see if you can last until that releases, then reroll in the new RandomHoi version ;)

True. Maybe I could ally myself with the pink nation to the north, that might add some leeway.

I say wait a bit join and the Axis then declare war on Northern Ireland. then you would have the full support of the Axis powers and the partial support of Flanders Comiterm.

Ya that could be another option. The Axis are influencing me towards them. Also, the Axis are in a war with a nation (but I forget who it is)

Also, does anyone know how to add a minister into the game? :confused:

The good thing about attacting NI now in the allies is you will be continuously at war. I think that is worth the risks of the Allies involvement and govs in exile.