• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dude, I know this is completely a-historical, but did you think of making female generic leaders portraits ? I thought this might be a nice game addition ...

"Generic female portraits"?? I hope you're not thinking what I think you might be thinking, because this is a decent, God-fearing and family-friendly mod, man! :rofl:

(Obviously, I'm just joking ;))
Maybe, if I ever get to make generic leaders, I will make some female ones in order to avoid any suspicion of sexism :D. It could be fun to see Queen Victoria leading her redcoats in person :D

Maybe, if I ever get to make generic leaders, I will make some female ones in order to avoid any suspicion of sexism

That's exactly my point: where are the ladies ? Some might enjoy the hardline historical way; good for them - others like to play around with History, and why not, enact female military service. I mean, it's not more nor less absurd than a communist Urugay with 600M inhabitants...
I remember a fun Hoi2 AAR, where somebody changed every ministers/leaders to female. In fact, I would have done it myself, but I was too lazy figuring out how to properly extract/use palettes with gimp. Maybe I should give it a go; do you have any advices/tutorial ?

That's exactly my point: where are the ladies ? Some might enjoy the hardline historical way; good for them - others like to play around with History, and why not, enact female military service. I mean, it's not more nor less absurd than a communist Urugay with 600M inhabitants...
I remember a fun Hoi2 AAR, where somebody changed every ministers/leaders to female. In fact, I would have done it myself, but I was too lazy figuring out how to properly extract/use palettes with gimp. Maybe I should give it a go; do you have any advices/tutorial ?

Sorry for asking, but why should anyone spend time making leaderpictures about 3 people will use? I shouldn't speak for Semper Victor maybe he wants to make those :)D) but there is no "hardline" part in it. During this time, you could not find a female general in any army. The only examples I can come up with is Lalla Fatma in Algeria during the 1840s, and she was never an officer.

It's 2009 now and there are only a few female major generals around. I am not here to change your opinion but the fact is women rarely reach the rank of General even in our days. What, the first one in the US was in 1970's?

C'mon guys; don't even start. I asked Semper if he'd like to make some unsual leader portraits - that's all. I got an answer, and, if you read my last reply, I therefore volonteered to do the job myself, and asked him (Semper) for help. Perhaps my reply went a bit too far, but I'm not a exactly a fan of machist jokes, even though I wouldn't direclty blame anyone for this kind of fun: methinks there are more urgent thinks to fix around us.

Besides, I don't remember asking anybody else if the idea of female leadership/military makes sense; so please, don't tell people what they might find interesting is pointless. Lesson learned, next time I'll use PM.

Last edited:
Hey there, I was wondering if you could make the leader portraits for all the Boer generals. "Koos" de la ray, Pretorius, Botha, etc. I downloaded the mod, said there should be a pic of botha, and yet no Botha. Also I was wondering if something could be done with the Chinese generals.

I've been looking around (maybe I'm blind) cant find them.

Thanks

Hey there, I was wondering if you could make the leader portraits for all the Boer generals. "Koos" de la ray, Pretorius, Botha, etc. I downloaded the mod, said there should be a pic of botha, and yet no Botha. Also I was wondering if something could be done with the Chinese generals.

I've been looking around (maybe I'm blind) cant find them.

Thanks

Louis Botha appears as a general in the South African leaderfile (in British uniform) ;).
As for Chinese and Boer generals, they have not been done yet, and I'm afraid they'll have to wait.

France (XVI)

Well, I will begin now with the general revamping of the French leaderlist. This will include a revision of the whole list, making new pics to replace older ones, checking the stats of the leaders and adding new ones, especially for the post-1920 period..

I already remade all the vanilla leaders and some of the new additions some time ago, and I will not remake their pics, but after doing some research about the subject, I've decided to make some changes to their stats:

Ferdinand Foch (1851-1929)
His background should be changed to "school_of_offense" and his personality to "intelligent"

Auguste Yvon Edmond Dubail (1851-1934)
His background should be changed to "generals_aide"

Joseph Jacques Cesaire Joffre (1852-1931)
His background should be changed to "school_of_offense" and his personality to "confident"

Louis Félix Marie François Franchet d'Esperey (1856-1942)
His background should be changed to "school_of_offense" and his personality to "arrogant"

Robert Georges Nivelle (1857-1924)
His background should be changed to "artillerist" and his personality to "vainglorious"

Louis Georges Humbert (1862-1921)
Louis Georges Humbert became a "général de brigade" on March 1912.

Denis Auguste Duchêne (1862-1950)
His background should be changed to "rising_star" and his personality to "impetuous"

Marie Louis Adolphe Guillaumat (1863-1940)
His background should be changed to "drillmaster" and his personality to "diplomatic"

Henri Joseph Eugène Gouraud (1867-1946)
His background should be changed to "colonial" and his personality to "charismatic"

And now, the leaderpics:

Admiral Charles Baudin
(1784-1854)
fra_adm_baudin.png

(Service 1838-54, Background: unfit, Personality: stouthearted)

Bernard Pierre Magnan (1791-1865) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_magnan.png

Admiral Abel Aubert Dupetit-Thouars
(1793-1864) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_dupetitthouars.png

Aimable Jean-Jacques Pélissier, Duke of Malakoff (1794-1864) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_pelissier.png

Auguste Michel Étienne, Count Regnaud de Saint-Jean d'Angely (1794-1870) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_regnaud.png

Jacques Louis César Alexandre, Count de Randon (1795-1871) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_randon.png

Admiral Ferdinand Alphonse Hamelin (1796-1864)
fra_adm_hamelin.png

(Service 1844-60, Background: gifted_administrator, Personality: tactful)

Admiral Alphonse Odet-Pellion (1796-1868) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_odetpellion.png

Armand-Jacques Léroy de Saint Arnaud (1801-54)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_saintarnaud.png

EDIT: I forgot to add that I've also changed the pic for this chap, as I found a better source image for him than the one I'd used previously:

Admiral Augustin Emmanuel Hubert Gaston Marie Boué de Lapeyrère (1852-1924) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_lapeyrere.png

And we've also changed his service period, which should begin in 1902.

Last edited:
France (XVII)

Well, as today is Christmas Eve, here you have some more Frenchies:

Adolphe Niel (1802-69)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_niel.png

Elie Frédéric Forey (1804-72)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_forey.png

Louis Jean-Baptiste d’Aurelle de Paladines (1804-77)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_aurelle.png

Admiral Charles Rigault de Genouilly
(1807-73)) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_rigaultdegenouilly.png

Charles Auguste Frossard
(1807-75)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_frossard.png

His personality should be changed to "cautious"

Admiral Louis Edouard Bouet Willaumez
(1808-71)) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_bouetwillaumez.png

Louis René Paul de Ladmirault (1808-98)
fra_gen_ladmirault.png

(Service 1848-78, Background: colonial, Personality: resolute)

Edmond Leboeuf
(1809-88)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_leboeuf.png

François Marcellin Certain de Canrobert
(1809-95)) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_canrobert.png

Admiral Louis Raymond Montaignac de Chauvance
(1811-91)) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_montaignac.png

And also, I've redone the pics for these two guys:

Louis-Achille, Count Baraguey d'Hilliers
(1795-1878) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_baraguey.png

Admiral Alexandre Ferdinand de Parseval-Deschênes
(1790-1860) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_parseval.png

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY!
:)

Why thank you!!!

I'm sorry. I didn't get you anything.:(

Merry Christmas!:)

Merry Christmas, Semper Victor. ;)

1337leaders.png

Is it a sign? An omen? Whatever it means, there are now 1337 pictures in the leaderpack (though some are the generic ones, of course. And others are duplicates, but we are awfully close of passing the legendary number.)

Last edited:
France (XVIII)

Admiral Jean Pierre Edmond Jurien de la Gravière (1812-92) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_juriendelagraviere.png

Admiral Louis Pierre Aléxis Pothuau (1815-82) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_pothuau.png

Admiral Jean Bernard Jauréguiberry (1815-87) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_jaureguiberry.png

Raymond Adolphe Séré de Rivières (1815-95)
fra_gen_serederivieres.png

(Service 1870-80, Background: engineer, Personality: expert)

Félix Douay (1816-79) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_douay.png

Jean Joseph Frédéric Albert Farre (1816-87) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_farre.png

Louis Léon César Faidherbe (1818-89) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_faidherbe.png

Achille Ernest Vuillemot (1819-1903) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_vuillemot.png

Henri Eugène Philippe Louis d'Orléans, duc d'Aumale
(1822-97) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_aumale.png

Antoine Eugène Alfred Chanzy
(1823-83) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_chanzy.png

France (XIX)

Many thanks for your constant support, Palisadoes :)

Here's another batch of French leaders:

Admiral Constant Louis Jean Benjamin Jaurès (1823-1889) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_jaures.png

Victor Louis François Fevrier (1823-1908) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_fevrier.png

Admiral Hyacinthe Laurent Théophile Aube (1826-90) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_aube.png

Louis Alexandre Esprit Gaston Brière de l'Isle
(1827-97)
fra_gen_brieredelisle.png

(Service 1881-93, Background: colonial, Personality: keen)

Admiral Amédée Anatole Prosper Courbet (1828–1885) + Leaderfile done
fra_adm_courbet.png

Admiral Raoul Marie François, Count de Marquessac
(1828-1900) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_marquessac.png

Félix Gustave Saussier (1828-1905) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_saussier.png

Jean Baptiste Billot (1828-1907) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_billot.png

Léopold Claude Etienne Jules Charles Davout, Duke D'Auerstaedt (1829-1904) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_davoutdauerstaedt.png

Gaston Alexandre Auguste, Marquis de Galliffet and Prince de Martignes
(1830-1909) + Leaderfile done
fra_gen_galliffet.png