The update in May seems to be making changes to some characters

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GONGWuke

Corporal
80 Badges
Feb 7, 2020
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
屏幕截图 2024-04-26 115408.png

For example, turning martial into diplomacy

Where'd you get this?
That's from the Legends of CK website. We gave a brief overview of that initiative on the forums here, but short version is that the 5 characters from the Rags to Riches bookmark are getting adjustments/tweaks to them in order to better emphasize different playstyles. Mainly giving them predefined appearances so they stop shuffling every time we update the game, but also changing some lifestyle focuses so they all have a different one. There's also a few historical event chains added as well.

We've been showing off the new build during our weekly Friday streams if you'd like a preview of what it looks like; VODs can be found on Twitch or the CK YouTube channel.

• 2Like
Reactions:
That's from the Legends of CK website. We gave a brief overview of that initiative on the forums here, but short version is that the 5 characters from the Rags to Riches bookmark are getting adjustments/tweaks to them in order to better emphasize different playstyles. Mainly giving them predefined appearances so they stop shuffling every time we update the game, but also changing some lifestyle focuses so they all have a different one. There's also a few historical event chains added as well.

We've been showing off the new build during our weekly Friday streams if you'd like a preview of what it looks like; VODs can be found on Twitch or the CK YouTube channel.
thank you

• 1Like
Reactions:

Oh so THAT'S where the developers have been hiding. Thank you very much! @PDX-Trinexx trinexx

• 1Like
Reactions:
Murchad needed all the diplomacy he could get in convincing the devs to keep him as the in game king of Munster in 1066.

• 10Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Murchad needed all the diplomacy he could get in convincing the devs to keep him as the in game king of Munster in 1066.
its the weirdest thing ever, man. theyre literally just stealing toirdelbachs identity and giving it to murchad. toirdelbach wasnt much of a military mind, but he managed to EFFECTIVELY reclaim high kingship by exerting his political clout over the other kingdoms in ireland. he was a dip guy! hes literally the guy theyre making murchad into now!

i know why theyve done it like this. theres too many moving parts already in motion. if they changed it to the right dude now after they already did all this advertising work, theyd have to put out a statement saying btw the guy we talked about before was the wrong guy, its actually this guy and we messed up, teehee pero xd (and given that this initiative is geared toward new and inexperienced players, that runs the risk of being confusing, so it kind of just isnt worth it from a business standpoint)

doesnt make it suck any less though

• 4Like
Reactions:
I have been watching the Bohemian stream. His youngest brother is now his bishop and rival, with an opening event to change things. You can get a claim on the Slavic marches or just be content with Henry’s empty praise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
its the weirdest thing ever, man. theyre literally just stealing toirdelbachs identity and giving it to murchad. toirdelbach wasnt much of a military mind, but he managed to EFFECTIVELY reclaim high kingship by exerting his political clout over the other kingdoms in ireland. he was a dip guy! hes literally the guy theyre making murchad into now!

i know why theyve done it like this. theres too many moving parts already in motion. if they changed it to the right dude now after they already did all this advertising work, theyd have to put out a statement saying btw the guy we talked about before was the wrong guy, its actually this guy and we messed up, teehee pero xd (and given that this initiative is geared toward new and inexperienced players, that runs the risk of being confusing, so it kind of just isnt worth it from a business standpoint)

Murchad must have committed medieval identity theft.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
I watched the intro to each stream. Matilda has the option to murder her disgusting betrothed, ignore him (breaking up the marriage and pissing off a lot of people), changing the marriage to matrilineal, or just accepting it, which causes an eventual game over.

Robert the Fox has a decision on how much of the pie he wants. Just Sicily, attack the Pope, or try to take it all.

I didn’t see anything for Murchad, probably because he never reigned and thus have no basis for being the starting king of Munster.

• 2Like
Reactions:

It's a weird and slightly embarrassing example of sunk-cost fallacy. They're all-in now, for reasons unknown to us all.

What's even stranger about Murchad getting so much emphasis as a recommended start is that PDX are apparently working on landless characters being playable - he'd clearly be much better-suited to this. Why go to all this effort now, when presumably they will want a similar set of recommended starts for landless playthroughs then? Who knows.

Either way, this situation is remedied in my mod, and by the sounds of it I'll have to make some substantial changes to some of these events - or just remove them outright.

I've not seen the streams, but as per @apollo1989vieten's synopsis, I hope the options available are at least based on the historical starting situations for those characters, and not just "hey this would have been cool." I'm not against the idea of these mini-roleplay campaigns for flagged characters, so long as they make sense.

It'll be interesting to see what else the May update brings, because to me Legends of the Dead feels half-finished, and if that's their idea of a "core expansion" I think the concept is a poor one, sadly.

• 1Like
Reactions: