• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the new exclave mechanics coming soon, I assume these concquests will no longer be possible, won't they? Arabia will probably become independent, if I understand the mechanics correctly.

Bet the Queen would not be amused, if she knew.

Not necessarily. They could be kept as part of Britannia through an oversea route.

With the new exclave mechanics coming soon, I assume these concquests will no longer be possible, won't they? Arabia will probably become independent, if I understand the mechanics correctly.

Bet the Queen would not be amused, if she knew.

And a good thing too ! Border gore has been one of my biggest peeves since I first started playing this game.

Not necessarily. They could be kept as part of Britannia through an oversea route.

I really hope not - I am all in favour of natural exclaves that can be reached by sea, but only if they are within a certain range. In my current campaign Scotland won the first Crusade and has managed to keep it for the past 100 years, but rather than forming the Kingdom of Jerusalem it has remained rigidly part of the (huge) fiefdom of a Scottish prelate.

I can't wait to see sense and order return to the maps of Europe.

There will be a game setting for the exclave mechanic and one of the things affected by the setting is the maximum allowed sea distance.

1A09E6CC33FFA6F3123CBDEBE996365384C0EED4

Rurik playthrough where everything went... interesting.

Some of the highlights of this game:
- about 50 years prior to this screenshot India was completely united and was on its way to conquering the middle east. Sawai, Kalachuri, Rashtrak and U-Tsang are all their successor states. The reason they fell apart was the fat Mongol stack that went down there, took it all then sat on it until it became a bunch of rump states. But not before...
- ... conquering the entirety of the British isles. There was a 50k Mongol stack going the long way through my territory to the west, and I thought for sure they were going for what remained of Poland. Boy was I wrong, because then I see the Empire of Britannia flip to the Mongols and the title immediately destroyed. You can still see some light blue Mongol territory in Britain here.
- The Brits controlled Jerusalem at some point, I bet they never expected to get crusaded back by a nomad horde.
- The British Isles rebelled eventually and are now controlled by a Norse Scotland (Skotland).
- Note that I was never attacked by the Mongols in this game, even though they outnumbered me 2 to 1 at their height.
- Empire of Hispania was formed by the Muslims. There was a point where it controlled the entirety of Iberia, most of North Africa and even had some spots in Central Asia for some reason. Then the pope called the crusade which was actually successful and the new king formed... Andalusia. Why not. Then he inherited all of France.
- The old Hispania title was never destroyed nor usurped. The Empire of Hispania now only exists in North Africa.
- HRE was never formed here, instead Saxony survived for a long time and then just went straight to forming Germany. Because at this point 2/3 of Europe was ruled by random characters from my dynasty, I all of a sudden inherited a tiny Germany without even trying when the guy that formed it got stabbed in the back by some noble. Then I made it into a vice royalty and the vassal king went on a reconquering spree -- only possible through dragging me and my fat retinue stack into his claim wars. Not that I was complaining, my threat hovers at around 100% almost all the time due to the massive inheritances/vassalisations/whatever, so this was one way to gain territory without fighting the whole world.
- Sweden reformed Germanic about a hundred years prior, then went on a load of holy wars of which it won none. At some point they declared on me, I beat them back without any trouble, then they ran out of money and the merc band (Rus Band, which ended up being important later as it turns out) that they hired then took half of Sweden by the time it peaced out. I clicked the merc commander when the dust settled, saw the button "offer vassalisation", tried it and to my surprise he accepted it. Probably because of same culture? Either way that was how I "conquered" Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia once I once again left the vassal king to his own devices.
- The Teutonic Order formed in Finland. It got promptly absorbed into the empire. The resulting escaping catholic courtiers then went all across the realm to my nobles' courts and converted god knows how many to the secret catholic cult which reappears once roughly 20-30 years. The purges are still ongoing. I'm Orthodox btw.
- At some point during the game Italy flipped to Islam. That's how I got territory bordering the Papal State.
- While that was happening the Byzantines were busy conquering Poland, while losing provinces in the east to a rebelling Trebizond.
- ... because I married into their throne 200 years prior, and ever since then they are in a near constant civil war between members of my dynasty and all the various byzantine nobles. And yet somehow they still managed to conquer half of eastern europe before I could get there.

Part of the reason why I was able to snowball out of control like this was that I had about 3 adventurers in a row that asked me for control over a county in a row about 150 years back. It wasn't a great time because the nobles hated that particular king for a variety of reasons and kept rebelling so I kept giving them out. As it turns out 2 out of 3 of these adventurers were already above 60 years old. Both of them also had more than 10k gold on them somehow, and absolutely no heirs. They died before I could even assassinate them, and the more than 20k gold I got from both of them immediately went into a mass upgrade of my demesne and the hiring of a 10k retinue stack. Within 10 years the size of my army doubled and factions couldn't outpower me any more. Then I conquered the last few counties I needed for the Russian Empire and the game became easy from that point.

Successfully invaded China somehow in CK2+. Here is the situation in the wake of that event.

20180624015838_1.jpg

20180624015901_1.jpg

Hilariously the person I was trying to put on the throne ended up trying to take over my empire with an army of 60,000 men. No hard feelings I guess...

Mid-way through I also lost a leg to the bubonic plague, but eh you win some you lose some.

And in the "So Incredibly Wrong" category....

FA327E7C631B76A2BAE0619BB7E3B37BF905C58F

Mecca is still filled with Christians, but at least the county is now in good Sunni hands. Well... Okay, not good. Not good at all.

98E66E210B3D00CEB14312D6924848C14A29C6AB

I was just trying to start a merchant republic in the Indian Ocean. So, I started with the Chief of Dhofar, spread from there, then bore a demon spawn and just went with it. Amusingly, he took over ruling the chiefdom at the age of 8, so he still has brothers that hate him. But, given his newfound power he changed his dynasty name to al-Jinn (for maximum evil) and now controls... Egad, I don't really want to think about it too much.

But yeah, it's a Satanic Indian Ocean Merchant Republic.

Oh, yeah, and I did screw over my younger brothers growing up by having Morgana, a Welsh witch and my concubine then second wife, be the court tutor, turned all my brothers Welsh, so now when they flee my kingdom, they all go to Wales.

Successfully invaded China somehow in CK2+. Here is the situation in the wake of that event.

View attachment 382608
View attachment 382609

Hilariously the person I was trying to put on the throne ended up trying to take over my empire with an army of 60,000 men. No hard feelings I guess...

Mid-way through I also lost a leg to the bubonic plague, but eh you win some you lose some.

No Wei !

YES Wei !

View attachment 382608
View attachment 382609

Is that sickening pink the original color of the de-jure e_abyssinia or a custom?

Is that sickening pink the original color of the de-jure e_abyssinia or a custom?

it's titular like most of the empires in ck2+, but yes that is the default colour

you won't have to look at it for long given that I have 400,000 men and they have, like, 20,000.

it's titular like most of the empires in ck2+, but yes that is the default colour

you won't have to look at it for long given that I have 400,000 men and they have, like, 20,000.
Remove it.

sjVnnCp.png
The Judeo-Roman Empire (1253 - N/A) [Total Campaign Time: 151 years]

Ruled from Constantinople, the Judeo-Roman Empire is a newly created state formed through a union between the Romans around the Black Sea and the Jews around the Red Sea. It was created by the Gideons who were an originally Ethiopian family who heavily intermixed with Ashkenazi families and adopted Greek culture. At its inception, the Judeo-Roman Empire dominates Egypt, Nubia, Somalia, much of Ethiopia, Arabia, Levant, Mesopotamia and the Black Sea.

1 January 1102 - 1 February 1147: King Radi I Ironside Gideon of the Nubians
The first seeds of expansion was sparked by Rabi, originally the king of Axum and Semien. His wars in the latter part of his life saw the seizure of Nubia and his crowning as the king of the Nubians in 15 July 1133. He would pass away aged 77 bedridden and infirm. His only son, Zadok, had died before him and thus his mixed race granddaughter, Amhara, succeeded him.

1 February 1102 - 13 June 1177: Queen Amhara I the Pious Gideon of the Nubians and Abyssinians
Amhara succeeded her grandfather aged 22. Her mother was a Sephardi Jew. She successfully conquered Hejaz in 1156 during the latter part of her reign. This was a major moment as it saw the Jewish capture of the holy Islamic cities of Medina and Mecca. However, she quickly lost the region five years later to Caliph Ashraf I Fatimid. However, she did successfully keep hold on Medina whilst was lost the following year to the Seljuks. The same year she conquered Hejaz, she crowned herself as Queen of Abyssinia. Controversially, she became a Shia to avoid a jihad by the Fatimids; her son, Taye, however, refused to convert. It was during this time as a Shia that she ended her conquests of the entirety of Nubia and southern Egypt. She would die aged 53 due to old age.

13 June 1177 - 24 March 1182: King Taye I Gideon of the Nubians and Abyssinians
Taye succeeded his mother aged 33. He successfully seized Alexandria establishing it as his new capital. Unlike his Shia mother and Jewish grandfather, Taye was a Samaritan. He died 38 due to cancer.

24 March 1882 - 2 December 1224: Emperor Machir I the Lionheart Gideon of Beta Israel
Machir I succeeded his father aged 12 and would go to become the greatest Gideon emperor. Unlike his father, he was a Jew. In 1187 he founded the Republic of Sinai after conquering the region from the Fatimids. In 1197, he finally seized the entirety of Egypt and crowned himself as King of the Egyptians. A few months later, he crowned himself as Emperor of Beta Israel in 18 April 1198. A 28 year old Machir I was crowned by his wife, Tziporah Binyamin, in Alexandria. Just two years later, he repelled a Fatimid jihad and sacked Damascus. Four years later, he conquered Jerusalem and moved the imperial capital there. His son and heir, Elazar, married the Norman-Greek Jewish empress of the Romans [Byzantium], Benedetta di Leece. Her family, however, had adopted Italian culture despite ruling over a Greek population. In 1211, the Viceroy of Egypt, Yisrael of Magnesia, conquered Medina. The Viceroy was a Sephardi from Anatolia. To celebrate this conquest, a great tournament was held in 1213 within the capital. In 1219, he sacked Rome to defend his daughter in law, the Roman empress, from a Crusade. She, however, died the same year from wounds sustained whilst with the army in the Levant. Machir passed away aged 54 due to cancer.

2 December 1224 - 22 December 1253: Emperor Teferi I the Witch Hunter Gideon of Israel
Teferi succeeded his father aged 18. His wife was his neice, Basilissa Yehudit of the Romans. In 1231, Viceroy Yisrael (now known as the Cleansing Flame) conquered Mecca sparking celebrations amongst the Jewish populace. The same year, however, Pope Callistus III was successful in the Greek Crusade and seized Greece from the Jewish Basilissa. Emperor Airfhindan the Hammer de Normandie of Alba was crowned as King of the Greeks due to his contributions to the crusade. The Roman court would move from Constantinople to Theodosia (within Crimea). In 1247, construction began on the Third Temple, something Machir I never got around to building. Two years later, the 'Kingdom of David' was declared on the 8th September 1249 following the conquest of Beirut. A great tournament was held to celebrate this and two years later on the 18th July 1251, the Third Temple was completed. A descendant of Aaron, Berhanu, was found and was made the first Kohen Gadol of a new era. Berhanu was an Ethiopian but it would be an Ashkenazi, Yoel of Marawi, who would become Grandmaster of the Zealots. The Jewish world would declare a great holy war against the Buddhist Mongols who had entered the Middle East. Teferi I joined the great war and marched into Mesopotamia becoming a Kanai. In 16 January 1253, he stormed Baghdad with an army of 20,000 Levantites and Egyptians made up mostly of Muslims. This brought the war to an end with Mesopotamia being annexed into the Empire. In the end, Teferi I commited suicide by jumping off the tallest tower in Jerusalem to his death so that he may be with god, he was 47.

13 April 1243 [22 December 1253] - [onwards]: Basilissa Nonna I the Witch Hunter Gideon of the Romans and Jews
She succeeded her mother, Yehudit I, as Basilissa of the Roman Empire and would succeed her father as Basilissa of Israel following his suicide. She was proclaimed as Basilissa of the Romans and Jews aged 25. With the resources of her father's empire, she would begin the reclamation of former Roman lands. She, however, did not share the culture of her ancestors with her speaking and thinking in Greek and neither did she share physical similarities with her ancestors with her rather looking like her Norman ancestors from her mother's ancestors.

Because of blurple.

Jerusalem ck2.JPG
title loss on succession.PNG