• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can theater AI really achieve that? :eek:

Eh, note the number of opposing units.

On the first screen Yugoslavia got 1 (!) division to cover 6 border provinces. On the second, you can see 5 divisions covering what it appears to be 12 province long front.

Of course AI that got more units was able to deal with such opponent. I would be extrememly suprisied it it wasn't.

I wonder how it can deal with more demanding opponent - with comparable number of units for a start, maybe even smart (read - human) enough to group them in right spots and using air force to delay enemy/support own counterattacks.

Don't get me wrong, but while it's good that Theater AI is capable of doing stuff like preparing for assault, then counducting it, nothing in this AAR indicates, it's doing it well. Opponent is just grossly outclassed quantity-wise.

Eh, note the number of opposing units.

On the first screen Yugoslavia got 1 (!) division to cover 6 border provinces. On the second, you can see 5 divisions covering what it appears to be 12 province long front.

Of course AI that got more units was able to deal with such opponent. I would be extrememly suprisied it it wasn't.

I wonder how it can deal with more demanding opponent - with comparable number of units for a start, maybe even smart (read - human) enough to group them in right spots and using air force to delay enemy/support own counterattacks.

Don't get me wrong, but while it's good that Theater AI is capable of doing stuff like preparing for assault, then counducting it, nothing in this AAR indicates, it's doing it well. Opponent is just grossly outclassed quantity-wise.

What? I count at least one division per province covering the Italian border.

If germany had help you, during the war would they have shared the same theater or will they make a theater on their own ?

They have their own theatre. If they sent me an expiditionary force that would of been different I could of slotted that into my command structure.

Not on the screen where they are in combat. :confused:

Or the rest of units got shattered already?

Yes that was after I overran the front line. If you go to the very first screenshot you'll see a fully manned frontline.

Yes that was after I overran the front line. If you go to the very first screenshot you'll see a fully manned frontline.

Any serious resistance on the border, or did the Yugoslavs just shatter?

He said they'd already been shattered ;)

edit: also, those units were probably really low strengh ;)

Very nice, it seems a bit easy, but nice anyway.
Remember, this is the winter of '38, with Yugo probably having a very very low mobilisation on the troops
If he had waited until '41, they would probably have way more troops, probably the highest mobilization level, ect... Of course, Italy would have had more troops as well, but not really any surprise momentum ;)

Can you give AI commands to encircle certain areas or units?
I'm surely impressed already!

No you set a objectives and a stance. On blitzing it is more likely to ignore it's own flanks in pursute of an encirclement.

Great work King.

Question(sorry if this has been answered before):
What the numbers on the green circles on the Unit Counters mean??

last%20stand.jpg

Blitzkrieg stance and a surprised opponent vs winter conditions, (presumably) poor terrain and 'slow' Italian units - and it still took 3 months to advance and occupy some (two-thirds??) of Yugoslavia - oh this game will be fun!!

He said they'd already been shattered ;)

edit: also, those units were probably really low strengh ;)

Remember, this is the winter of '38, with Yugo probably having a very very low mobilisation on the troops
If he had waited until '41, they would probably have way more troops, probably the highest mobilization level, ect... Of course, Italy would have had more troops as well, but not really any surprise momentum ;)

I assume that the political consequences of a random attack on Yugoslavia like that could create serious issues in the future. For example, Romania joining the Allies.

To ensure that one won't get outflanked, what would have to be done to prevent it?

Create mini-theatres for every single division, giving separate targets for every division?

Or do you have maximum amount of theatres limited by some modifier?

To ensure that one won't get outflanked, what would have to be done to prevent it?

Create mini-theatres for every single division, giving separate targets for every division?

Or do you have maximum amount of theatres limited by some modifier?

Lot's of options here.

Reduce the stance to make the AI more sensitive about its flanks. Issue orders further down the hierachy. So instead of a single theatre wide set of objectives issue them further down and disengage theatre control. You can issue objective to individual corps if you so wish, but not ontop of a theatre wide objective.