• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think there are any reasons why it can't come back. Rulers already fall to heresies all the time. Why not Hellenic?

hellenic paganism isnt a heresy of christianity, its a full blown religion that was systematically destroyed by christianity after it's risealso, one ruler who goes back to hellenic does not really strike me as all that provbable of the return of hellenism, there;s a reason julian failed

Depth not map painting.

- Overhaul of religions, especially in the heresy department

- Overhaul of dynasty politics: cadet branches for example.

I have other ideas, such as dynamic de jure duchies, but I guess that's for a CKIII.

Depth not map painting.

- Overhaul of religions, especially in the heresy department

- Overhaul of dynasty politics: cadet branches for example.

I have other ideas, such as dynamic de jure duchies, but I guess that's for a CKIII.

MOst of this things are more patch material. Cadet branches would exist historically. So we have cadet branches in the history files. You can't cut this for DLC. And an religion overhaul. How would you do it without disallowing to play heresies? SoA added everything in this category per patch. JUst the College of Cardinals was in the DLC. And events. Even dynamic de jure duchies are patch material... Like the dynamic de jure kingdoms.

They've already said there wouldn't be a China map expansion, but then, they also said there wouldn't be an India map expansion. And too many people kep asking for it.

If there's any map expansion, I'd rather see Africa expanded down to the Equator. It'd give Mali and Abyssinia another option for expansion besides fighting Muslim blobs and wouldn't require adding as many provinces as China would.

If there's any map expansion, I'd rather see Africa expanded down to the Equator. It'd give Mali and Abyssinia another option for expansion besides fighting Muslim blobs and wouldn't require adding as many provinces as China would.

But how would you do it as DLC? China is easy... Make Chinese states unplayable. But then... how would you do it with Africa? We already have African paganism which is playable.

Billions of other thread like this, but it's still nice to talk about future DLCs. :D
I'd love to see something about trade routes and trade; however, I'd expect some Norse features (agaiiiiin...) or China DLC.

None of you a lot have stated when do you think they will announce it and the release date.
It's great to see ideas but I want to know your prediction in terms of dates.
I like the idea to see more features and functions for pagans as well.

But how would you do it as DLC? China is easy... Make Chinese states unplayable. But then... how would you do it with Africa? We already have African paganism which is playable.

Add it in with inland merchant republics; Timbuktu is a great example of an non-maritime trade center from that time period. Quite a few of the provinces between the existing Mali and Abyssinian borders could be large ones with few holdings that are mostly tribal; so people could play them without needing the DLC but just wouldn't get a whole lot out of them for a long time. For an example of a DLC only feature that would tie into the region, you could have a chance of discovering a valuable mine (gold, salt, and copper are some regional examples) that can boost the income to a county or even an entire duchy for a certain amount of time.

Another feature that's less Africa-centric could be the aforementioned option of playing as a Mercenary company.

I'd love a Steppe Horde DLC, focusing on fleshing out Tengrism, turning Manichaeism into a proper religion, unique events for Altaic culture rulers, and a new system for Steppe Nomads to differentiate them from traditional feudal rulers and non-nomadic tribes.

This

I guess that West Africa could be a good material for a small "expansion" DLC, since it's already on the map, but is grossly underdeveloped.

Maybe not a China DLC, but I could see a Marco Polo themed DLC that focuses heavily on commerce and trade; particularly with China (even if they aren't represented on the map).

Maybe not a China DLC, but I could see a Marco Polo themed DLC that focuses heavily on commerce and trade; particularly with China (even if they aren't represented on the map).

Yeah, there could be events about China and etc. even without it being on the map.

I guess that West Africa could be a good material for a small "expansion" DLC, since it's already on the map, but is grossly underdeveloped.
I would like this as well.
Map extension from Benin to Mogadishu...

Last edited:
My prediction is the next one is going to be something about roleplaying, I mean the character scene has one box left for something to be used (the one between ambition and focus)...

But whatever it is, I think it would be a more mechanic orientated DLC (like WoL) instead of 'faction' orientated (like SoI)...

My prediction is the next one is going to be something about roleplaying, I mean the character scene has one box left for something to be used (the one between ambition and focus)...

That's the plot spot.

Summing up this thread and my thoughts, I see several ideas for large expansion:

1. "Dystant lands" DLC: trade mechanics, trade routes including the Silk Road (no map extensions, but some events with China), cultural flavour and long-awaited fixes for merchant republics;
2. "Religious" DLC: theocracies, more immersion and possibilities for various religions, more heresy mechanics;
3. "Crown" DLC: dynasty overhaul with cadet branches and dynastic prestige, more importance to ruler's court and council, more laws and vassal interactions;
4. "Wind of change" DLC aka "Late game" one: inland republics, burghers and cities mechanics, addition of gunpowder and technology overhaul.

Plus some facepacks/units and more RPG elements introduced in patches.

What I would like in future patches/DLC:s:

• Cadet Branches- more realistical and more family aswell as dynastic interactions
  • Lategame- renaissance stuff, perhaps not a timeline extension but canons, tech etc
  • Inland republics- more trade, trade goods and some way of interacting and trading different resources
  • Naval Combat- flavour for the sea and trade
  • Guelphs and ghibellines- dynastic feuds, more flavour and interaction, HRE and pope conflict, more balance in Europe, religious flavour
  • West Africa- flavour and map changes
  • Tributes- more stuff for tribals, steppe and parts of the map that have not received attention (would need a look at China though)
What would be good for a future game/final extension:
  • China and rest of the map to have a sort of complete Euroasia and complete map (no Americas, but Greenland would be fine)
What I would not like:
  • Theocracies - not dynastical at all
  • Americas- irrelevant
  • Further timeline extentsion- the Dark Ages deserve their own game, I'm helping out with WtWSMS and I have realised how broad the game would be with this
​I would appreciate:
  • Slavic facepacks
  • Finnic facepacks

Last edited:
I could see them making a DLC using the best mods made for the game from the modding community.
Not really something that would advance anything though. A lot of the mods are irrelevant for the base game, and they prefer using their own flavour. Preferably not, especilly not as a DLC.

Last edited:
I could see them making a DLC using the best mods made for the game from the modding community.

Rather than entire mods, they could incorporate certain mod events and mechanics in the base game. But as a patch though, not as a DLC, as that would be rather strange.