• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not really something that would advance anything though. A lot of the mods are irrelevant for the base game, and they prefer using their own flavour. Preferably not, especilly not as a DLC.

Depends upon the mod. Like the one I'm part of we're adding to the base game with events etc... We use historical plausibility and historicity as a basis. Something like CK2+ wouldn't necessarily be considered, but one can never tell. There is VIET that would be a welcome change to the base game with all the new events.

Rather than entire mods, they could incorporate certain mod events and mechanics in the base game. But as a patch though, not as a DLC, as that would be rather strange.

Strange maybe for this game, but other publishers have put out DLCs using community material before.

Strange maybe for this game, but other publishers have put out DLCs using community material before.
Including PDS, in HOI3 as far as I know. Dies Iraes and etc where mod based.

Adding China is too much work for Paradox when there is so much work that needs to be done on Europe and the Muslim world - the REAL areas that CK2 is about.

Imagine adding China and adding new start dates for China. They have to do research and coding for not just China but India and all of Europe and the Muslim world too. That's so much time and effort that could be spent on the real areas this game is about. India and China has no part in Crusader Kings.

What I would like in future patches/DLC:s:

• Cadet Branches- more realistical and more family aswell as dynastic interactions
  • Lategame- renaissance stuff, perhaps not a timeline extension but canons, tech etc
  • Inland republics- more trade, trade goods and some way of interacting and trading different resources
  • Naval Combat- flavour for the sea and trade
  • Guelphs and ghibellines- dynastic feuds, more flavour and interaction, HRE and pope conflict, more balance in Europe, religious flavour
  • West Africa- flavour and map changes
  • Tributes- more stuff for tribals and parts of the map that have nopt received attention (would need a look at China though)
I agree with everything!
Russia and some Orthodox religion overhaul would be nice. Something about Crusades as well...

(and some people say how there isn't much left to do on the current map....)

They've already said there wouldn't be a China map expansion, but then, they also said there wouldn't be an India map expansion. And too many people kep asking for it. I only hope they don't do it, because my computer struggles from time-to-time with the game as it is, and it's gotten worse since RoI. If they were to add China, I might as well give up on playing the game at all.
They said no such thing, they said it was unlikely at the time(last November)

Adding China is too much work for Paradox when there is so much work that needs to be done on Europe and the Muslim world - the REAL areas that CK2 is about.

Imagine adding China and adding new start dates for China. They have to do research and coding for not just China but India and all of Europe and the Muslim world too. That's so much time and effort that could be spent on the real areas this game is about. India and China has no part in Crusader Kings.

Not the name argument again... The name is because it sounds cool. India is important for the Muslim would.

Not the name argument again... The name is because it sounds cool. India is important for the Muslim would.

Agreed. If it's "Crusader Kings" then why have only one of my characters ever gained the Crusader trait? And why can I play as a Muslim? Or a Pagan? BOTH OF WHOM ARE IN EUROPE TO BEGIN WITH I MIGHT ADD but if you want to simulate the Muslims for the Christians to ineract with and the pagans you need the Steppes and Persia and North Africa. Then you need India and Mongolia, both of whom interact with... oh! China.

While it may not be feasable to put into CK2 it is definitely important to the game in many ways.

not really, we could have expanded the map eastward but still left out india and notr a lot would be different

besides not having a giant amount of area adding late ame unplayability

not really, we could have expanded the map eastward but still left out india and notr a lot would be different

besides not having a giant amount of area adding late ame unplayability

This wasn't me point. India was important for the Muslim world historically. And it's annoying if you play Persia ingame. YOu are forced to expand westward. Historically most Persian rulers tried to expand eastward. This was impossible ingame. You could just expand into Europe.

And the problem was that many realms were cutted because India was missing.

It's completely silly whenever anyone says stuff like 'Theocracies - not dynastic at all'.

Please. It's all political. If it's political, it's dynastic. You think dynasties weren't involved in securing power for their families, albeit temporarily, under the papacy - as Cardinals and especially the pope? ANyone familiar with the Borgias, or the Medicis, the Orsinis, et al? I know these examples are later on - but that misses the point. The point is, that kind of stuff was going on since virtually day one of the papacy, for many theocracies. It's all power and influence and politics and intrigue in the end - and where there are these things - there are dynasties.

For example, just because you become pope, or cardinal, or some head of a monastic order, or whatever, doesn't mean you can't continue to play CK2. It means your game strategy, mechanics and dynamics have just *changed* during that character / life. At that point, the game can become about maneuvering ways in which your family member is elected (open elective, etc) to take your spot, or to even just switch to another family member who is inheriting family lands and titles, but while you're still a theocracy, helping them with crusades, acquiring land and power, forging dynastic alliances, etc. There could be ways to divest lands and wealth and titles to increase your piety (and thus score), meanwhile the way in which you divest it is either drectly or indirectly strategic in a way to icnrease the wealth and influence of your family. This could all actually also really spice up and throw in a change of pace every once in a while during the game, especially later on, with the potential to found your own heresies and the mechanics and dynamics of ideas surrounding that (I posted the thread on this idea earlier on in this thread).

In the end, there are tons of ways a Theocracy could play into a dynasty's hands or is part of it. This is apart from the fact that there *were* dynastic theocracies in europe during these times. Albeit how rare it was.

The issue with theocracies is that people wanted them to be dynastical back then (just like you), but ultimately, failed and that was what the pope and different kings/emperors tried to prevent in various ways.

This wasn't me point. India was important for the Muslim world historically. And it's annoying if you play Persia ingame. YOu are forced to expand westward. Historically most Persian rulers tried to expand eastward. This was impossible ingame. You could just expand into Europe.

And the problem was that many realms were cutted because India was missing.
did you notice how i said i liked the rest of the map expansion, or is actually reading the post you are replying too ...?

Not in the context of this game. India existing in this game means nothing to nobody. As would China. They have whole other games where the entire world exists all at once and every nation plays its part and interacts with one another - Europa Universalis. CK2 is about Europe, the middle east, the relevant parts of North Africa (Mali is pointless too, as is Abyssinia and everything else down there) and the relevant parts of the Steppe.

Not in the context of this game. India existing in this game means nothing to nobody.
Speak for yourself. I can't imagine the game now without India.

Not in the context of this game. India existing in this game means nothing to nobody. As would China. They have whole other games where the entire world exists all at once and every nation plays its part and interacts with one another - Europa Universalis. CK2 is about Europe, the middle east, the relevant parts of North Africa (Mali is pointless too, as is Abyssinia and everything else down there) and the relevant parts of the Steppe.

Why not admit that this is your own subjective opinion instead of pretending that everyone feels like this. Because you know full well that, that is not the case.

A lot of people dislikes India, but there is also plenty of people who actually like the India gameplay experience.

Why not admit that this is your own subjective opinion instead of pretending that everyone feels like this. Because you know full well that, that is not the case.

A lot of people dislikes India, but there is also plenty of people who actually like the India gameplay experience.

not everybodys opinion is correct: those who feel we -needed- india itself and not just an eastern map extension are wrong

They said no such thing, they said it was unlikely at the time(last November)

I seem to recall getting a hard "no" somewhere here, but I could be wrong. I just.... *Sigh* If they come out with a China map expansion, I'm going to have to stop updating my game. I don't think my computer could handle doubling again the number of provinces. Things already slow way down by the time I hit 1300, and I've still got another 150 years to go.