• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Second, are you sure they are not Norse raiders?

Nope. The ever-lovely Karlings making a hassle. Some fighting with a poor baron of an italian city, that's de-jure for the Karlings. So they move, all four-five kingdoms against that poor fellow and for some reason they think i'm worth a whooping aswell. Kinda odd, since all hostilities ended, once i save & quitted to desktop and relaunched :p

I cant assign him as my Ward.

And no I have no wards.

Edit 1: the game will allow all my vassals but me to Educate him. its like my character doesnt exist

Are you a councilor for your liege? I'm not sure if this bug (feature?) is still in the game, but it used to be the case that you would either have to resign first or talk to your own liege to get you to educate a ward.

Nope. The ever-lovely Karlings making a hassle. Some fighting with a poor baron of an italian city, that's de-jure for the Karlings. So they move, all four-five kingdoms against that poor fellow and for some reason they think i'm worth a whooping aswell. Kinda odd, since all hostilities ended, once i save & quitted to desktop and relaunched :p

There was a bug at one point where troops would become hostile for no obvious reason. It might be that as well.

And no I have no wards.

Edit 1: the game will allow all my vassals but me to Educate him. its like my character doesnt exist

So when you want to select a Mentor, your character is not in the list? That's normally what it looks like if that character already has 2 wards.
Can your character educate other kids? Just take a kid that's already being educated and check if you could switch it's guardian to your character. That should atleast tell you if the problem is with your character, or with the child

I have 2 Questions

Question 1 - Is the Catholic Uprising bug back ?. It seems that it has returned since Even after I put down a Rebellion a year or 2 later they are uprising again and sometimes it happens back to back. I am playing as the Muslims on the Iberian Peninsula. I forget the their names anyway it seems that it is broken again since they rebel even though i crush them over and over again.

Question 2 - What is the best way to lower Decadence ?. No matter what i do I tell my sons to stop being Decedent. I have some events that lower it. It just seems to go higher and higher, Am I missing something that is suppose to tell me what is causing it to go up besides my sons ?. And what are the ways to lower it besides events ?

And no I have no wards.

Alright, I'm baffled. You said you could provide pictures?

I have 2 Questions

Question 2 - What is the best way to lower Decadence ?. No matter what i do I tell my sons to stop being Decedent. I have some events that lower it. It just seems to go higher and higher, Am I missing something that is suppose to tell me what is causing it to go up besides my sons ?. And what are the ways to lower it besides events ?

You can lower it with battles and wars (winning jihads and invasions will lower decadence a lot) and granting land to members of your dynasty, along with observing Ramadan and going on hajj.

I'm the duke of Alania, vassal to Khazars. I am Christian and developed enough to feudalize but my liege isn't therefore the option isn't given to me. Khazars so strong that independence is not even theoretically possible for the time being.

What should I do?

I'm the duke of Alania, vassal to Khazars. I am Christian and developed enough to feudalize but my liege isn't therefore the option isn't given to me. Khazars so strong that independence is not even theoretically possible for the time being.

What should I do?

Given the limited details you've mentioned here... wait?

You could also try getting a claim on the kingdom and factioning for it. Make your next wife a Khazar princess? That still involves waiting, obviously.

Alright, I'm baffled. You said you could provide pictures?

Alright ill show you the pictures

First The situation

and then Me. As you can see. No wards, and im not even martial. some guy with a beastly 25 Is

Hit the first person in the List of Educators.. Your son should have a high opinion of you and also hit listing by rank, I doubt a bishop is the top rank in the realm no ?

I have 2 Questions

Question 1 - Is the Catholic Uprising bug back ?. It seems that it has returned since Even after I put down a Rebellion a year or 2 later they are uprising again and sometimes it happens back to back. I am playing as the Muslims on the Iberian Peninsula. I forget the their names anyway it seems that it is broken again since they rebel even though i crush them over and over again.

It's not just your sons, it's ALL male family members that can give you decadance.

What should I do?
Your options are wait, take over the kingdom, or go independant. That's it

Seems you're a council member, and thus not in your court. I'm willing to bet that's it.
Try quit being a council member (you can resign whenever), and see if you can now pick yourself as mentor. If you're good, your leige will probably let you back on the council after awhile anyway.
Alternatively I think you could also go to your leige's diplomacy and select yourself through there (so first select the adult, and then your child), but I'm not sure if that works

I mentioned this as speculation about 10 posts ago but was ignored. Sigh. I concur with Sirrobert1, it's probably the old "councilors are not in their own court" bug/feature:

Are you a councilor for your liege? I'm not sure if this bug (feature?) is still in the game, but it used to be the case that you would either have to resign first or talk to your own liege to get you to educate a ward.

So I loaded up a game I've been working on, first time I've played it since the new patch came out and I bought WoL. Wars going on between countries all around me that don't involve me, but their troops are suddenly becoming hostile to me. Definitely not a party to these wars. I've reloaded the game and restarted my comp several times now. Any ideas how to deal with this?

Question - Are we allowed to fight rivals outside of our realm when we turn towards warlike focus ?. The one that allows you to duel your rivals.. if say the rival is a King of another Realm. Are we allowed to duel them ?

How does "invite to carousing" work (inviting to parties) which is unlocked by choosing the Carousing focus? I checked the intrigue tab... nothing. I checked the diplomacy options I have for my wife, different courtiers and vassalls... nothing. Does it have something to do with me being at war right now? Where can I find the option to throw some parties with troublesome vassals?

EDIT: Solved, It's a diplomatic option that is not available/does not get displayed during war.

Last edited: