• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Obviously being a 4 man team has its disadvantages, look at AOW, massive expansion with massive hype.
Maybe they shouldn't try doing major expansions with only 4 people then.

I respect Paradox's work of course but I feel that they try to do more than their resources allow.

Last edited:
CM is the only expansion/DLC I haven't bought on release since 2007. I even bought Rajas on day 1, even though I wasn't really interested in it and still haven't played (or even interacted in a meaningful way) in India. I don't even plan to buy CM anytime soon, if ever. And I was one of the people really exicted about the DLC when they first announced it.
That may sound like a rant/whine, and maybe it is. But I'm personally pretty disappointed with the way CKII is developing since SoA and it seems that CKII will be the first P'dox title I'm going to stop supporting before it's "dead" (aka no more DLCs).
This is not directed at P'dox, btw. They have a lot of interesting games, and AoW will be a certain day 1 buy for me. Maybe CKII just ran out of steam after 800 hours.

Just my two cents...

Last edited:
India - India was in my top 3 expansions. I like the fact that india is behind the crusade targets and so play a role in the region and their outcome, not just some blank wall. I like having a new continent to play in. My old computer could handle it and that was about 6 years old, it is likely a ram issue if you're getting slowdowns and buying old ram is cheap as chips these days, I only had 4 gigs on the old dual core AMD machine and it ran fine. However slowdowns do suck it's true if you get them, that was the only downside, we got a lot of nice mechanics upgrades in the process as well.

CM - I like the new map in CM for the options it presents, I also enjoy another 100 years to playthrough. Of course we are going to have bugs introduced, that comes with the territory, it's only just come out. I enjoy the new story options and seeing how france will go in the beginning. Tribal mechanics finally introduce fleshed out mechanics for Pagans but also their gradual integration into reformed religions, which I personally thought were done well (bugs aside).

I'm calling it the worst because its my first CTD after installing a DLC/patch..ROI was a rebel wack-mole. but at least it worked without crashing for me. CM seems to have a ton of bugs, and I think I have another one..My eldest son died, but instead of his Son becomeing my heir(of my dynasty) my second son and all his sons became my heir...wonder if its a gavalkind issue?

I'm calling it the worst because its my first CTD after installing a DLC/patch..ROI was a rebel wack-mole. but at least it worked without crashing for me. CM seems to have a ton of bugs, and I think I have another one..My eldest son died, but instead of his Son becomeing my heir(of my dynasty) my second son and all his sons became my heir...wonder if its a gavalkind issue?

and it showed much promise. its even worse then RoI( which got fixed quickly) since this is the first time I have ever had CTDs repeatedly happen when trying to use the chronicle...which I guess I could ignore except it was something I was hoping for. Then there are all the other bugs, breaking more things. and the continued mess that is decadence( I actually thought it was ok at the launch of Sword of Islam). to the point of maybe you should just get rid of it since you can't seem to fix it.
I really not looking forward to any other DLC for CKII especially if their going to release it in such a poor state.
I've been asking when the chronicle will be fixed, and the only shit answer I get is turn of some fucking Mod...to which I keep answering I don't use mods.
its sad that PDS has fallen so low, they used to listen to us...now not so sure.

If your chronicle is bugged then reinstall the game bro and stop complaining. Nothing is bugged about mine and I guarantee 99% of the community's is working.

RoI is indeed the greatest expansion for CK2. I can't why it gets so much hate.

I dont want to simulate all those characters in my games, when I do not care about India. India itself did not have much influence directly with Europe in the medieval age, so I do not see much reason to have it clogging up my space. I would have much preferred a completely separate expansion or game if they wanted to do India or Asia. It is just too many characters

I am being envious about you, guys. You can at least play sth. After release, the game was somehow doomed to crash ca. 2 years after start. Now I have already 2 generations before the crash appears. Why? Just because of using Linux? hmmmm, would you pay 15 € for CM + 120 $ for Win?

NOOOOOOOOO, WAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! :angry:

The Linux crash has been fixed since the first patch if you missed that. You should opt in so you can play normally again.
Or you can play with the current patch by starting the game with the command line option: -threads=1

my only issue with CM thus far ( outside of the normal bugs ) is that the events only fire for Karl... If Karl dies then events don't trigger or even the Pope just keeps said claims for himself and doesn't try to find someone else to use those events. Have not seen a single vassal ask for another rulers help to break from his liege outside of Karl. Never seen a German Ruler get the claim on Saxony War, or Lombardy claim or anything else the game events offer to CM , which to me was depressing as the replay-ability of this was drastically reduced.

I respect Paradox's work of course but I feel that they try to do more than their resources allow.
This is the main issue here. It's not a problem with the content, it's the lack of resources to support it. Four people should not be the only employees working on a flagship project. I noticed that several aspects of Charlemagne were historically incorrect (Such as the Magyars being in the west or Cherson still being Byzantine), it's like the team just flipped through Wikipedia in five minutes (But didn't even read it).

There are 4 members on the CK2 TEAM.

EU4 has another team,

Stop linking them.

Only 2 things I've noticed with the patch is that AI lands will sometimes continuously raise and disband a fleet of 0 if they have a war overseas and no troops to load, which I think is just an error in the AI coding for checking for a war. Second issue is that no matter what catholic I play as in ireland/england/wales/scottland, on any difficulty setting I win against norse doomstacks in ToG start. Even East Anglia wins against Ivar. I'm pretty sure its cause the catholic side is 20 petty kings/counts stacking up against 1-2 Norse doomstacks. The supply limits kill the norse as they move around playing wackamole with the catholics who suffer no penalties even when they match/outnumber the enemy due to them being several smaller entities stacked up.

Well, in my opinion the real problem is expectations!
With time I have come to understand that Paradox is not, and properly never will be, another Ubisoft or EA etc.

They do not have the manpower or resources, nor the "skills" (sorry to say) to produce that kind of super-games. What Paradox is good at, is to listen and communicate with its fans and followers, so the games are actually more modeled after our own desires and wishes.

So far, it seems that Paradox have had too much focus on making bigger and bigger DLC's, and making the game more and more complex. But they have gone too far now, and the game gets more and more buggy after every new DLC. In my opinion they should stop focusing on making bigger DLC's, including new tools and options, and instead focus more on the current games state, improving it, and fixing what needs to be fixed!
So, that leaves us with a choice. We should stop asking for bigger and newer, and instead wish for some focus at other places.

If we keep having too high expectations and demands, Paradox cannot follow with us - they try - but they will fail every time…
I personally don't like the way the game has changed - I liked the CK2 when it was introduced, I liked the content, the game it was, more simple and it ran more smoothly. Now, DLC's, face packs, clothes packs, BETA-versions and experimental content have made it One big mess.

Viceroys, Tribal mechanics, vassal limit and custom title creation are all solid additions that deepen and diversify game play.

The release was less buggy than RoI.

What's not to like?

The reason there are so many bugs is because they'll only patch stuff after a DLC is released. So anything they miss in the one or two post-DLC patches, which is nearly everything, is guaranteed to stay until the next DLC where they'll be too busy fixing new bugs to fix old ones.

Other companies patch their games, Paradox just fix the bare minimum so that promised features actually work. But a lot of the time they'll just remove the promised features anyway, or never add them in like that flag changing option in CM.

The reason there are so many bugs is because they'll only patch stuff after a DLC is released. So anything they miss in the one or two post-DLC patches, which is nearly everything, is guaranteed to stay until the next DLC where they'll be too busy fixing new bugs to fix old ones.

Other companies patch their games, Paradox just fix the bare minimum so that promised features actually work. But a lot of the time they'll just remove the promised features anyway, or never add them in like that flag changing option in CM.

Other companies don't have to deal with radical game and code changes every few months (meaning, you don't get new bugs and problems introduced so often and in such quantities), have in addition much bigger budgets for those simpler problems (PI is a just a little bit above a niche company) and not to mention that most companies will completely abandon the game support after a year passes, if not sooner.

In translation, it is really NOT comparable.

Fully agree here. Four people is fine if you're going to do small mini-expansions like SOA, but I don't really feel comfortable paying £15 for products that honestly don't add that much. Every time a new expansions comes out it becomes painfully obvious how empty a lot of the game is and I end up having to wait weeks for mods. For instance, a lot of the new features added are fairly token - a lot of the new cultures and religions have nothing unique. I'd of liked to have seen a lot more for Zunists, Manicheans and the Saxons, but as it stands they're pretty much just.. there.

Maybe CM is a little buggy but tbh I am having a lot of fun. Most CK2 dlcs I am always a little bit unsure how the game has changed but playing as a tribal is dramatically different and a lot of fun. The whole viceroyals stuff is also very good.

Viceroys, Tribal mechanics, vassal limit and custom title creation are all solid additions that deepen and diversify game play.

The release was less buggy than RoI.

What's not to like?

All those "features" are buggy...

1. Viceroys: I do not need to say much on this, as the bugs and issues with them have been reported several times now

2. Tribal mechanics are interesting, but buggy... EG, MR, Raiding (partly fixed with beta patch), etc

3. Vassal Limit was "designed" to "stop blobs" but failed at doing that and limits the players more so than the AI.
(I do not want to get into a disucession about this, so please don't start about "how it was needed")

4. Custom creation titles are complete sh*t. False advertising to begin with. Secondly if you are a pagan, it doesn't retain your COA and instead will switch to the catholic COA after you reload your game. Also with Custom Titles (CT) if you are under gavelking or EG, and you have a custom Kingdom of a complete de jure, it will try to create that kingdom that technical doesn't exist. When I ask Johan about this on Friday when the new beta patch was released, even he said that should not be happening... (This has been reported in the Bug Report section) Furthermore, custom empires still should have an "OR" button for 180 realm size/3 Kingdoms. Prestige is stupidly high for a player and it is way easier to create an existing Empire in game, than creating a CT...

Last edited: