• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shahanshah Pashang Karen (Pt. 3)

6K64Xz0.png

With the necessary piety accumulated and an available Manichean province I can finally convert.

W6ikK22.png

I bribe my vassals with money and count-tier vassal transfers from the newly conquered emirates. The Mu'tazilites like me more now that I have converted anyway.

I begin revoking titles in earnest. Of course everyone accepts without hesitation. The best bit is the piety gained when I revoke a mosque and give it to a mobad.

AvAwWAH.png

I reduce centralisation from high to get a bigger vassal limit.

eBVejpE.jpg

Operation Boost-Zoro-Moral-Authority-whilst-trashing-Sunni-MA commence!

5rOgTa0.png

The new Caliph notices my project and decides to help out.

1082 - Khiva has been fully reorganised under Zoroastrian Persians. I create the Kingdom title and give it to a cousin.

3YR7ahS.png

The first Zoroastrian Province!

July - first holy war over. The Emir of Basra is a 20 martial siege general, he pops forts at a nice rate.

August - second holy war over.

Sept - the third.

xE2TOv5.jpg

Atilla the Hun(garian) comes to the aide of some orthodox nonentity.

kHCwUj1.png

I have to bribe a couple of Marzobans, but High CA passes.

8CiLTNk.jpg

The Sultan of Egypt feels he is too powerful to just give up his titles.

Sept 1083 - Armenian Liberation revolt. 3 holy wars in Armenia finished.
I create Kingdom of Armenia and grant it to Pashang's grand-nephew. Another grand-nephew gets Georgia.
The Armenian Liberation revolt decides that this is good and stop revolting. Their leader still views me as a tyrant, but he and his 25 martial will be leading my armies.

Oct - Pashang's son saves him from a huge bear.

Nov- Pashang masters flat terrain.

Jan '84 - another holy war done. Feb, and another is done.

EIgFUiq.jpg

Abyssinia have invaded Egypt, I need to kick them out before I can make peace. I do so.

Egypt is reorganised under Zoro Persians and given to Pashang's youngest son, Vandad. Reward for saving him from the bear I suppose.

For some reason the Tengri High Priest is my vassal, I release him along with the Bekhtashi. I cant work out how to repay their loan though.

Various rebels are cleaned up.

MfwW6rN.png

An OPM has the temerity to refuse when I demand his title.

The Jihad fails.

Various revolts happen and are put down.

WW7u8qn.png

The imbecile son dies.

Y02728E.png

Perhaps it is Pashang's time too?

Finally at peace and can switch to Primogeniture. Persia created, Arabia destroyed.

YR0lU2H.png

1sjPMIB.png

MIxTLjW.png

I think that's the first time I've seen a Zoro GHW.

All that stands between Pashang and becomming the legendary figure of the Saoshyant is a single Pratihara owned duchy.

WcElblr.jpg

The by now octogenarian Emir of Basra is as proficient with sieges as ever.

Excellent, 100% WS time for peace...

YKOLiWa.png

oh.

NsehqSo.jpg

The Save (patch 2.2.0.1)

Last edited:
How did you do the map on the last page?
And... would it be possible to have a screenshot of the religious map?

If I get it correctly, the HRE was replaced by the Roman Empire. Still, doesn't the decision end the Byzantine Empire?

Now to the next seemingly doomed religion to revive/reform, the Norse faith!

Hah, that'd certainly be interesting, their religion only occupies half of Iceland and Central Sweden.

So goddamned awesome..!
How did you do the map on the last page?
And... would it be possible to have a screenshot of the religious map?
I mixed a normal map-screenshot up with the rivers, topology and world_normal_height .bmps from the /map/ folder in photoshop.
I still havent figured out how to really bring out mountains and rivers, but it still looks better than a normal screenshot :)

EDIT:
Just found /map/terrain/colormap.dds, seriously need to try that one out!

EDIT2:
Tried it out, and refined it further, really bringing out the coastlines and rivers. Really happy about this one, it has a very atlassy feeling to it :)
krgtttC.jpg

Last edited:
If I get it correctly, the HRE was replaced by the Roman Empire. Still, doesn't the decision end the Byzantine Empire?

Now to the next seemingly doomed religion to revive/reform, the Norse faith!
Right now, emperor of the Germania can create titular HRE.
As for Byz, while RE exists, Byz cannot happen.

It exists in the first place?

It was the RE for one second, renamed to Coptic Empire, then to Germania... As soon as no German/Catholic rules it, we should rename it once more!

Oh, so Germania=Coptic Empire? CONFUSING.

When Rozmarzony formed the RE, his primary title was the HRE, Byz was his secondary. There is a bug that copies the laws and history of Byz for the RE, but copies the de-jure of the primary title. So the RE got the de-jure of the HRE.

It was the RE for one second, renamed to Coptic Empire, then to Germania... As soon as no German/Catholic rules it, we should rename it once more!

Well it's currently ruled by a Scot. The last two Emperors were Dutch. Bring on heresy!

Right now, emperor of the Germania can create titular HRE.
As for Byz, while RE exists, Byz cannot happen.

They can always just usurp, rename RE as a Greek Orthodox.

It would be nice if we could get someone to blob and clean up that Russian mess. It ruins the maps :p

Last edited:
When Rozmarzony formed the RE, his primary title was the HRE, Byz was his secondary. There is a bug that copies the laws and history of Byz for the RE, but copies the de-jure of the primary title. So the RE got the de-jure of the HRE.

Well it's currently ruled by a Scot. The last two Emperors were Dutch. Bring on heresy!

They can always just usurp, rename RE as a Greek Orthodox.

It would be nice if we could get someone to blob and clean up that Russian mess. It ruins the maps :p
The hilarious thing is, while Germania is ruled by a Scot, Scotland is ruled by a Dutchman!