• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you can keep this level of quality, we're in for a treat! Keep up the great work. I especially like Brittany in there, one question though, will there be a point in history when Brittany is de jure Brittania?

I'm currently working on Brittania... I can give you some numbers... Ireland has 38 counties (whole island). Wales 16 (current borders). England 43 (current borders without Man). Scotland 41 (without Shetland and Orkney). Makes 141 counties if you add Shetland, Orkney and Man.

Wish list: would it be possible to make the Channel Islands as a separate county/province? Always loved that idea! hint...hint...hint...:rolleyes:

I thought about this too... So maybe :)

If you can keep this level of quality, we're in for a treat! Keep up the great work. I especially like Brittany in there, one question though, will there be a point in history when Brittany is de jure Brittania?

Maybe it will be de jure Brittania in 768. But on later start dates it will be Francia because of the Frankish/French influence.

Maybe it will be de jure Brittania in 768. But on later start dates it will be Francia because of the Frankish/French influence.
That's fair enough, they did join the Empire of Francia historically. Will there be a Gallo Culture, that is the French/Breton meltingpot? Gallo ended up taking hold of southern Brittany up until the modern era, and it's often strange and a bit frustrating when a French king has taken Brittany and it all goes to the French culture blob.
Bravo! I actually quite like the flat map.
Tell me about it, I'm digging it too, it makes it feel more like an actual map.

Last edited:
What about modifications in Italy?

In particular the Duchy of Genoa should have more provinces at least Savona / Finale should be a separate county as historically was a Margriavate part of HRE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquisate_of_Finale

maybe you could add Noli (historical sister Republic of Genoa) and Montecarlo too (with a titular "Principality of Monaco"), some more provinces in Latium should be added...

Looks very impressive! :) May I ask why several of the duchies have duplicate names?

I think you mean Burgundy and Provence? History! The two duchies of Provence represent the County of Provence and the Margraviate of Provence. For Burgundy it's even more complicated:

Yes Burgundy... They all use a different title. But it's strange. But it are 4 Burgundies at the moment... County, Duchy, Landgraviate and the Rectorate. And we have the Kingdom of Burgundy! Maybe the Landgraviate will turned down to the Province name of Oberaargau and the duchy renamed to Aargau. For the Rectorate Transjurania would work in the earlier start dates. And I would change the colour more to make them more seperate. I hate this Burgundies... There are to many of them in history :(

Ah, right :) Thanks, I didn't know that, and it's really interesting :) Feudal Europe, eh?

Sorry I made you answer the same question twice - I could swear I read through the whole thread and didn't spot your first answer. I also didn't know about Fraxinet before today, and that sounds fascinating too!

Can I hope for proper italian cultures?

I think so! Me current setup for Italian:

• Romance (Italo-Romance cultures)
    • Lombard (Gallo-Italian, split around 840 if Romance provinces are ruled by German (Frankish, Bavarian, Swabian, Saxon) or Gallo-Romance cultures)
    • Langobardic (Romance Langobards; already there in 769)
      • Sicilian (split if Italian or Langobardic provinces are ruled by Normans)
    • Tuscan (split around 840 in d_tuscany)
    • Venetian (split if ruled from Venice)
    • Italian (Central Italian, split around 840 in all other parts)

When can we expect next dev diary?

I hope this week. But at least next week. I just can promise it will be about Britannia. I have not that much time this week. Next wednesday I have a exam for latin :) And I have to finish a homework for the university :D

I think so! Me current setup for Italian:

• Romance (Italo-Romance cultures)
    • Lombard (Gallo-Italian, split around 840 if Romance provinces are ruled by German (Frankish, Bavarian, Swabian, Saxon) or Gallo-Romance cultures)
    • Langobardic (Romance Langobards; already there in 769)
      • Sicilian (split if Italian or Langobardic provinces are ruled by Normans)
    • Tuscan (split around 840 in d_tuscany)
    • Venetian (split if ruled from Venice)
    • Italian (Central Italian, split around 840 in all other parts)

Not bad, but sicilian should appear no matter what, and also if they are ruled by muslims. Also I would like to see a sardinian culture for sardinia and corsica (even though corsica was never sardinian) and neapolitan if greek provinces in the south of italy are ruled by italians, or pugliese. Anyway, many of the cultures in south italy were influenced by muslims so maybe south italian cultures could spawn if they invade italy. Oh yeah and ligurian too (if possible).