• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyways, before we think of removing stuff from the game , lets first think of stuff to actually replace it, to build actual relations with your vassals and stuff because as it is right now, gifts and honorary titles are one of the few ways we can actually interact with them directly.

How about a dinner party button ?

God, give it a rest people already.

No. I think not.

I believe the assassinate button should stay. Don't fix what isn't broken. And it was/isn't broken. No matter if some people (jerks) abused the button in multiplayer. I seriously hope the button stays.

Must remove the ability to grant the "court jester" titles to people, the delightful japes and chicanery of my court fool provides such a huge bonus to morale that my armies are unbeatable!

You could actually have the plot target people you want to gain favour with/reward/impress. It wouldn't necessarily need any additional plotters at all to succeed. Although perhaps having people at their court joining in would make it more likely for them to get an increased opinion event (all of them saying "King Ralph is just a really great guy").

And then the various during the plot events could take money etc. And run the risk of not working well, or doing really well (making them your friend) and so on.

You could actually have the plot target people you want to gain favour with/reward/impress. It wouldn't necessarily need any additional plotters at all to succeed. Although perhaps having people at their court joining in would make it more likely for them to get an increased opinion event (all of them saying "King Ralph is just a really great guy").

And then the various during the plot events could take money etc. And run the risk of not working well, or doing really well (making them your friend) and so on.

This would be great and it would allow Paradox to be more consistent in treating of events.

There could be some travel time between sending a gift and receiving opinion bonus, especially when gift recipient is faraway. But complete removal would be pretty dumb considering gift sending actually happened a lot, on the contrary of magical teleporting emperor assassins.

* Changelog *
- Removed the option to bribe characters as this made it far too easy for large, rich countries to deal with disloyal governors and generals.

It is not like is an option that could never happen....

Makes an interesting twist, having to win people's loyalty by fulfilling their ambitions, and giving them provinces or armies, they could then use against you, rather than just throwing money at them.

I think if you were going to have gift/improve relation type plots then you probably would need to have the ability to run multiple plots at the same time. Not many more, maybe three.
And perhaps decisions for mass giving of gifts to vassals, to represent a very expensive largess on taking the throne.

Being able to play as your heir after succession should be deleted. It's unrealistic that the player can play as multiple characters, when in reality each king is his own and has his own plans and personality. It's unrealistic that the player is essentially an immortal ruler in CK2.

CK2 should be locked in observer mode for maximum MP balance.

I think if you were going to have gift/improve relation type plots then you probably would need to have the ability to run multiple plots at the same time. Not many more, maybe three.
And perhaps decisions for mass giving of gifts to vassals, to represent a very expensive largess on taking the throne.

The Lord vassal relation should be expanded with;
Events/plots for the lords progress
Regional Tournaments
Title expectations for commanders
A desire to be in command of a flank

The Bribe plots could be appointments to various orders or titles in the flavour text.

Couriers might have to be promised an Office or Bride to move court.

My whole problem with making assassination a plot...
Is that plots take forever and you can do only one at a time.
There is no reason an emperor tier should have the same single plot ability as a count.

Instant assassinations yea that's gamey.
But only 1 at a time, that's not historical.
Yea they took a while, but historically rulers plotted the death of multiple enemies (when they needed to).

As far as gift. Its just like it worked in the real world.
Hey I'm the new king here's some money you will like me more. If you already hate me it wont do much.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing a bribe vassal plot option for +/- 100 Opinion

No. I think not.

I believe the assassinate button should stay. Don't fix what isn't broken. And it was/isn't broken. No matter if some people (jerks) abused the button in multiplayer. I seriously hope the button stays.

The thing is that the assassinate button has always been redundant. None of these other systems that people jokingly claim should be axed are. With the massive convenience of assassinations, logically the plot system should have been gotten rid of instead, but since the Devs are biased towards that one it makes sense.

Retinues and Mercenaries are kind of redundant, but nobody has said to axe mercenaries yet. So I will, just to join in.:rofl: While they're at it the developers can bring assassinate down to the old 50 gold cost and let us once again be able to kill every foreign leader that declares war on us until the war goal is invalid or a massive rebellion distracts them.