• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Khezef

General
66 Badges
Apr 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
Gift button, let's delete it too

I mean, making AI opinions of you higher by giving them cash is clearly OP. Also, choosing who educates your heir is OP as well since you can give them really good stats. Remove that too, I think. Also remove divorce since nobody needs that.

Last edited:
Reactions:
God, give it a rest people already.

Why?

The gift button is easily abused several different ways. If Paradox were consistent, they should remove this option and expand the plot system to handle this as well.

As just one example, it is way overpowering being able to pause the game upon death of your ruler and dispensing gifts to your vassals to avoid many of the possible negative modifiers that a new ruler incurs.

Edit: Removing the divorce button and expanding the plot system to cover that is a very good suggestion as well. The few circumstances leading to a game over do not need to be resolved right away, unlike the adventurer taking away your small duchy or county.

Last edited:
Why?

The gift button is easily abused several different ways. If Paradox were consistent, they should remove this option and expand the plot system to handle this as well.
Because:
A) Plot isn't used to give something to someone but for you to get something for someone, that's why you plot...
B) I've said it in other thread, the assassinate button isn't really removed, it is actually there in plot event (which later on I condense in to, 'there are more option on how you wish to proceed with your assassination), watch the stream again...

And if you really wish to replace 'giving gift button' with plot option, first explain why you need plot power to give something to someone and then give suggestion how you wish to make 'giving gift' better by using plot...

Remove diplomacy and war alltogether, its OP and allows for gamey ahistorical tactics.

Game should proceed according to history except when I think it shouldn´t because nationalistic bias.

Because:
A) Plot isn't used to give something to someone but for you to get something for someone, that's why you plot...
B) I've said it in other thread, the assassinate button isn't really removed, it is actually there in plot event (which later on I condense in to, 'there are more option on how you wish to proceed with your assassination), watch the stream again...

And if you really wish to replace 'giving gift button' with plot option, first explain why you need plot power to give something to someone and then give suggestion how you wish to make 'giving gift' better by using plot...

A: I am pretty sure plotting to gain favor through gifts is more realistic and within the scope of the CK2 plot system. Using an instantaneous gift button is a hold-over from CK1 and it is used easily to avoid any starting malus a new ruler is given after the death of his/her predecessor. This type of abuse goes against the exact types that Paradox seeks to eliminate.

B: Plot power is needed to form consensus among your vassals as to the intent of your gift and their response and acceptance of said gift. Failure to garner enough support for your gifting plot should add negative modifiers to your vassals as they see right through you and your plot to garner support.

And as I have shown with an actual game experience, plots as they exist are not flexible enough to allow you to avoid game-over under circumstances that are unavoidable by anything you do whereas the current assassination button will at least give you a 30-40% chance of avoiding it altogether.

A: I am pretty sure plotting to gain favor through gifts is more realistic and within the scope of the CK2 plot system. Using an instantaneous gift button is a hold-over from CK1 and it is used easily to avoid any starting malus a new ruler is given after the death of his/her predecessor. This type of abuse goes against the exact types that Paradox seeks to eliminate.

B: Plot power is needed to form consensus among your vassals as to the intent of your gift and their response and acceptance of said gift. Failure to garner enough support for your gifting plot should add negative modifiers to your vassals as they see right through you and your plot to garner support.
But giving gifts doesn't necessary means you wish remove malus for new ruler, as you perhaps want to reward your good councillor foe example, and if the target is outside your realm, why would giving gifts require consensus among your vassals?
And regarding giving gifts to stranger, why would people give their plot power to your plot if it doesn't give them any advantages because what do they gain from you giving something to other that doesn't directly affect them?
Unlike assassinate their liege for example because perhaps they want to use the instability created by his liege death to gain more power in his realm...

Look, I understand your frustration, but without seeing what the developer as done (either to mitigate its removal or for their justification for its removal) at least in Dev Diary, to draw conclusion using current experience on how it works and disregard anything the developer has shown and promise to do and rant about it is a bit too much for me...
Especially when said 'remove assassinate button' decision is still in beta phase...