• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trolling?

Trolling? Just wondering.
No real content, the OP is mostly stagnant and empty.
Just wondering.

I know. However I understand frustration of OP. Game is absolutely NOT a vaporware as it's there and working and there were no explicit promised. However when I buy game I expect that it'll be supported with fixes and content. As of now game is not a challenge at all thus not worth playing.

Well, there definitely more content on the way. As there are still more DLC locked items in the files. And they've never been ones to announce patches ahead of time, so who knows when the next one is coming.
All in all, I'm not that bothered by the lack of activity from the devs, as they were exceptionally active for quite a while after launch. Some silence can be expected as things quiet down.

Yes heaven forbid some people take a holiday in the Summer.

I'm glad you agree that it isn't vaporware, but now you've just repeated the error. This game has been supported with both fixes and content.

There is a massive difference between a game currently in a state you don't like and a game that doesn't exist or isn't supported. If you want your criticism to be taken seriously, you'll likely need to cut out the hyperbole. Most people aren't interested in listening to wild exaggerations and searching for the kernel of truth in your statements; just state the actual problem.

AndrewT, you understood the meaning of my post well enough even without me belaboring the point. It is quite ironic that you accuse me of trolling.

Grygus, that is exactly the question: if it's being supported or not. I have not seen anything that answers this question since the last couple of patches, which were both tiny compatibility patches, the kind you usually get at the end of a products support period.
I admit I am at fault for hyperbole, however I was not expressing criticism, but rather asking a legitimate question to ask when a game's forum is mostly stagnant and patches are few and far between, with nil dev. presence. At least, legitimate from my viewpoint.

AndrewT, you understood the meaning of my post well enough even without me belaboring the point. It is quite ironic that you accuse me of trolling.

Grygus, that is exactly the question: if it's being supported or not. I have not seen anything that answers this question since the last couple of patches, which were both tiny compatibility patches, the kind you usually get at the end of a products support period.
I admit I am at fault for hyperbole, however I was not expressing criticism, but rather asking a legitimate question to ask when a game's forum is mostly stagnant and patches are few and far between, with nil dev. presence. At least, legitimate from my viewpoint.

+1
The OP asked a question, one that although I would have re-phrased somewhat, deserved an answer. If the devs were taking time off, just say it, and that they were planning to resume work at a later date.

I was thinking about buying this game. The moderator's and indeed the community's conduct here changed my mind. Although I expect posters at times to be imperfect, it should be entirely expected that moderators should be setting an example for the community in terms of the quality of their posts, professionalism, and conduct. I hate to say it, but it really is totally disheartening to see a moderator act in this manner.

Edit:
I've moderated forums before, and it's not always an easy job, especially when posters are unhappy. But the very definition of a moderator should be "held to a higher standard". I'm disappointed by what I see here, I really am.

To further clarify my point on this:
there should be publicly announced development plans(no dates, no obligations in time terms). I suppose most people would agree that game REQUIRES more work to be put into, especially in AI and long-term threats to the player(i.e. Dremers), for shards-based gameplay long-term threat could be destruction of world's tiles if not properly defended from astral forces for example(ever increasing over course of game). Look at AoW III - they have returned to posting dev-journals and while game is still currently extremely boring to replay those journals make me feel that one day I'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed AoW:SM. For Warlock I greatly enjoyed W1 with Armageddon DLC(well I have all of them, but Armaggedon was most significant one), but currently I'm worried about future of W2 cause there's no announcements or some teasers, whatever. It's like situation with Eador: MotBW now, when it was released - it's not clear if this game would be viable to keep waiting for enhancement or not. Also llok at example of FE:LH - it is still supported and will be supported further(well by 1 dev, switching from patch to patch, cause it's provides only that enough profit as explained by Stardock, but still!).

I had a similar impression, just got the game lately, did not finish my first game (could not reach ainadra, too hard) and started to make my own mod similar to Master of Magic.

When I realized after asking a few question, that it's only me and Shidan who were talking. So I was wondering "Is the game dead already"? People has a so short attention span and so many games to play that a couple of month later a new released game is already dead?

I did not thought that of course during summer, people spend less time in front of their computer (I don't). So yes that could explain it.

Yeah, these forums were fairly active before release. Then after release there was a huge influx of activity, that slowly died down and never stopped. There seems to only be maybe a few of us from pre-launch left, though nobody else seems to post here much, but I do see them here and there. The steam forums are more active, even more so with the sale. That seems to be where most of the people go.

I'm still here checking the forum almost every day and playing Warlock 2 a lot too. There's just not a lot left to talk about. I'm pretty happy with the game as is. I'm not finding as many bugs but still log a few here and there. I find there's always more I want to do with the game. Mods are endlessly entertaining. First everyone else's and then my own. I haven't even started that yet. Like Warlock 1, this will keep me entertained for a long time. Just because I'm not talking about it anymore, doesn't mean the game is dead. Maybe everyone is so happy now, they're too busy playing to talk about it.

I'm not finding as many bugs but still log a few here and there.

The game seems to have minor bugs issues that can be really annoying when it happens, but the game seems really playable. But for example, the editor can crash or freeze for no reason is a certain sequence of events happens.

I think the biggest "Problem" I have with warlock is the "Balance" issue. And that is not a matter of bad programming, but rather more bag game design which can be fixed with a mod (Which is what I am trying to do). The reason why I mod warlock, it because the engine is much closer to what I am looking for than for example Elemental or Age of Wonders 3.

I've enjoyed Warlock 2, but I haven't found much to talk about after some major bugs were fixed.

Also, there just doesn't seem to be enough people posting to keep a conversation going in this forum.

I followed it closely for awhile, but they haven't done anything to address some of the repeated criticisms of very specific AI behavior. I'm not even talking about wholesale, magical AI revamp, just certain specific gameplay issues that are poorly thought out, balanced, or used by the AI.

As a result I slowed down on checking, then almost stopped.

I still think the core combat/upgrade system in WL2 is one of the better ones out there in TBS land, it's fast and fun, and has a surprising amount of depth in terms of tactical combat, but without a game (ai or world) that will push back against me hard enough, I got bored with it faster than I did WL1 when it was still new.

I'll keep an eye on future patches, as the game stands now, I'd still probably recommend it to someone who enjoys this type of game and is somewhat new to the genre, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to veteran TBS players. Too many obvious and easily exploitable holes that really kill the enjoyment.

If the community is lacking blame the paradox community manager BjornB. Not that it'll help any...He let the Warlock 1 community go fallow and still got paid and kept his job. I dont think paradox believes in post release support for games they dont develop.