• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Which one is the file to modify the infamy gained by adding an unjustified war goal? And where is it? I want to reduce the "Place in the sun CB" to 5 infamy, but i can't find it

I am making a game where USA is balkanized and Canada is free. The USA has a nation I made called The New Anglo-Patriots Land(The reference is obvious, I should think). Anyway, it starts out with: Maryland, New Jersey, and Delaware. It also has cores on Massachusetts(and the rest of New England). For an event to change the capital to Boston, should it cost money? I don't know if normally the decisions to change the capital do, so if somebody who has played a game of Russia/the Ottomans when they changed the capital, can you remember if it cost money? If so, how much?

Don't know about the Ottoman decision, but the Russian one does not cost any money.

Code:
move_capital_to_moscow = {
		potential = {
			tag = RUS
			capital = 994
		}

allow = {
			owns = 1008 # Moscow
			OR = {
				AND = {
					NOT = { owns = 339 } # Viipuri
					NOT = { is_our_vassal = FIN }
				}
				AND = {
					NOT = { owns = 350 } # Narva
					NOT = { is_our_vassal = EST }
				}
				AND = {
					NOT = { owns = 355 } # Valmiera
					NOT = { is_our_vassal = LAT }
				}
				NOT = { owns = 946 } # Polotsk
			}
		}

effect = {
			capital = 1008
			prestige = 5
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

Don't know about the Ottoman decision, but the Russian one does not cost any money.

Code:
move_capital_to_moscow = {
		potential = {
			tag = RUS
			capital = 994
		}

allow = {
			owns = 1008 # Moscow
			OR = {
				AND = {
					NOT = { owns = 339 } # Viipuri
					NOT = { is_our_vassal = FIN }
				}
				AND = {
					NOT = { owns = 350 } # Narva
					NOT = { is_our_vassal = EST }
				}
				AND = {
					NOT = { owns = 355 } # Valmiera
					NOT = { is_our_vassal = LAT }
				}
				NOT = { owns = 946 } # Polotsk
			}
		}

effect = {
			capital = 1008
			prestige = 5
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}
Okay, thanks for the help.

Why can't Russia ally with Austria or France? I'm playing as Russia, HoD 3.02, and the only great power I can ally with is Prussia (possibly also Spain - they offered me an alliance I rejected). I have relations of +200 with France and Austria, and no other GP allies.

Why can't Russia ally with Austria or France? I'm playing as Russia, HoD 3.02, and the only great power I can ally with is Prussia (possibly also Spain - they offered me an alliance I rejected). I have relations of +200 with France and Austria, and no other GP allies.

I'm sure you've checked this already bit they don't have GP allies themselves these countries do they?

When you ask for an alliance, on the small diplo screen where it says "they won't accept" you can hover on it and it will tell you the factors leading the AI to that decision.

Hey, in a game I was playing recently a Humiliate casus belli I was working on became invalid. I couldn't even start justifying a new one; I had to go for a state instead. What could have invalidated the CB?

Hey, in a game I was playing recently a Humiliate casus belli I was working on became invalid. I couldn't even start justifying a new one; I had to go for a state instead. What could have invalidated the CB?

"I was working on"
= You were justifying? If yes, war against that state would cause it. Or 1 year after gaining it it expires.
= You were in the middle of fighting? 1 yr. after wargoal is justified, it expires. OTHERWISE, if you have a CB against the nation for Acquire state, and your Jingoism is below the minimum (6.9???), then you cannot add any other goals except what you have a CB for, untill the jingoism is increased.

Give us a hair more details on what the situation is, and we can probably help more.

I was in the process of justifying it. Then I got a popup saying something about it being invalid. So I went to justify a new one. Humiliate wasn't on the list, so I had to pick Acquire State instead, and justify that. Even during the war, when I went to Add Wargoal, there was no Humiliate on the list.

I had already taken the infamy hit for my Humiliate CB too... :angry:

For what it's worth I think I've figured out why I periodically can't humiliate nations. I looked at the CB files and it seems that Humiliate is invalidated for a while if the target loses a war.

What is the purpose of the 'Use General' option that can be ticked or unticked? So far I haven't seen it do anything, nor noticed any difference in my armies. What is it used for?

Is it intended to be used for creating 'governor generals' in provinces by creating an army and having a general with that option unticked lead it, and roleplay him as a military governor? :D

No, that's just so you can instruct it not to autoassign your lousy generals to your armies. They can languish wherever generals with -3 attack and -30% morale are sent where they're still on the payroll but are kept as far away from actual command as possible that you're actually afraid to let them see the guy who cleans the floors on the weekend for fear that he might rope him into some wonderfully inept attack on a neighboring state.

I'm having a pretty strange issue. When I try to run the game with a mod like PDM, the game runs on windowed mode and I can't get it to play fullscreen even if my life depended on it. However, when I play without mods the game runs fine. What's going on?

No, that's just so you can instruct it not to autoassign your lousy generals to your armies. They can languish wherever generals with -3 attack and -30% morale are sent where they're still on the payroll but are kept as far away from actual command as possible that you're actually afraid to let them see the guy who cleans the floors on the weekend for fear that he might rope him into some wonderfully inept attack on a neighboring state.

Ah, so it was meant as a tweak to the auto-assign feature. Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm having a pretty strange issue. When I try to run the game with a mod like PDM, the game runs on windowed mode and I can't get it to play fullscreen even if my life depended on it. However, when I play without mods the game runs fine. What's going on?

Does PDM have it's own settings.txt?

I don't think it has. :(

Not that I noticed, anyway.