• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"The Peruvian War of Liberation of Australian Moscow"

A fascist romania resurrecting Dacia and going mano a mano with italy

Just decided to come back to playing Vic 2 after a haitus. Decided to play as Two Sicilies. Playing a nice peaceful game trying to get myself economically sound. In about the 1840's the Papal States suddenly declares war on me and pulls in France against me, even though I thought I had good relations with both. Yep, that made a whole lot of sense. I have to say I quit right there, just felt the historical immersion died. Back to EU4.

Just decided to come back to playing Vic 2 after a haitus. Decided to play as Two Sicilies. Playing a nice peaceful game trying to get myself economically sound. In about the 1840's the Papal States suddenly declares war on me and pulls in France against me, even though I thought I had good relations with both. Yep, that made a whole lot of sense. I have to say I quit right there, just felt the historical immersion died. Back to EU4.

Wait you do know that the EU series is WAY more ahistorical than Victoria right, well at least in my opinion.

Wait you do know that the EU series is WAY more ahistorical than Victoria right, well at least in my opinion.
Of course, I expect that from EU4, it's a 400 year sandbox playground where anything goes, and I enjoy that. War is much easier and expected in EU4, and I expect the Papacy to be jerky in the 15th century. But in a 100 year victorian era game, where economy and diplomacy are more important than steamrolling territories, I didn't expect the AI to turn the Papal States of the 19th century into the Borgias of the 16th century. Just too odd to me, I expected them to play defense not offense.

Out of curiosity, what was their CB? Even though the AI behaves much better than back when V2 was released (i lost count to how many times i saw Russia/France take a state in the UK, or France taking Ostpreussen), it still likes using cut down to size/humilliate CBs that it gets from events.

Of course, I expect that from EU4, it's a 400 year sandbox playground where anything goes, and I enjoy that. War is much easier and expected in EU4, and I expect the Papacy to be jerky in the 15th century. But in a 100 year victorian era game, where economy and diplomacy are more important than steamrolling territories, I didn't expect the AI to turn the Papal States of the 19th century into the Borgias of the 16th century. Just too odd to me, I expected them to play defense not offense.

History is ahistorical. The Pope during this era was infamous for being supportive of a united Italy, then suddenly and for no good reason turning against it. The are, albeit badly sourced, claims that he was unstable.

Unless he jumped a take state CB on you, which yeah would be pretty dumb.

History is ahistorical. The Pope during this era was infamous for being supportive of a united Italy, then suddenly and for no good reason turning against it. The are, albeit badly sourced, claims that he was unstable.

Unless he jumped a take state CB on you, which yeah would be pretty dumb.

Sometimes Paradox can be a paradox....

The British Empire conquering Tibet :) (I did It)

Britain did invade Tibet in 1903 with that aim, but ultimately signed an agreement with China in 1906 not to annex it.
So it's not that ahistorical.

Uncivilised Sokoto conquering Portuguese and Netherlandish starting African territories. I managed this today and though I'd share, didn't get a screenshot but it was glorious. Sokoto was ranked something like 67th and after a while I guess the 'Great Powers' just gave up. What was even more fanciful was that Portugal was allied with Russia who said 'sod it' and asked for white peace about 5 minutes in.

Serbia removing Kebab