• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What the profit if WW1 always ended in alt history way (aka Kerensky Russia survived and defeated Germany together with entente)We need 1.4 patch.Once again this game need patches,as usualy
Ps
I never see NSDAP victory if im play from 1914 with defeated Germany

What the profit if WW1 always ended in alt history way (aka Kerensky Russia survived and defeated Germany together with entente)We need 1.4 patch.Once again this game need patches,as usualy
Ps
I never see NSDAP victory if im play from 1914 with defeated Germany

Then I imagine that's not working as designed, as the original goal was merely to bridge the gap, clearly that isn't happening.

(Stupid) Question for the modders: Does AAR Germany switch from U08 to GER? I imagine it's supposed to do so, and if it isn't doing so, that might be the problem

Then I imagine that's not working as designed, as the original goal was merely to bridge the gap, clearly that isn't happening.

(Stupid) Question for the modders: Does AAR Germany switch from U08 to GER? I imagine it's supposed to do so, and if it isn't doing so, that might be the problem

Yes,Weimar tag=third reich tag (ger)

I have been curious as to the progress of this mod for a while and yeah I know that navigating 96 pages of a forum page is impossible. However I am pleased that our Australian friend has taken upon himself to work on this project.

So I know this mod is a LONG time coming but I just want to wish whomever is working on this fine project good luck!

I have been curious as to the progress of this mod for a while and yeah I know that navigating 96 pages of a forum page is impossible. However I am pleased that our Australian friend has taken upon himself to work on this project.

So I know this mod is a LONG time coming but I just want to wish whomever is working on this fine project good luck!

Thanks man! Hey, tell me what you think of these?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?723857-*most-deadly*

I've got high hopes for adding this to AAR as it shouldn't interfere with the game itself. Tell me if you have any bright ideas :)

Yeah, I've been waiting for like six months now, this used to be all I play. :(

As far as I know, I'm the only one working on AAR, and my skills are VERY limited. Limith is working on 1933 and new pieces of the DH engine so it will be some time before a new version is released. Sorry guys... Sorry girls

Yo hey guys, first time caller long time lurker. I love the idea of AAR and I am truly befuddled as to why paradox didn't do this in the first place. Luckily thanks to the moddability of darkest hour and the wonderful efforts of AAR and NWO and "The Grand Campaign" mod, we can enjoy a timespan of traditional paradoxian scope and proportions (ala victoria and EU).

I am having a general problem loading some AI thingamabob in the 1.03 alpha, the other problem is that I can't load saves after a certain point. I have isolated it at once to 1927 (that was the last time the save could be loaded) otherwise an attempt to load the savefile leads to a ctd. Otherwise it functions extremely well and adds a good deal more detail to boot, if I am willing to just not let the window close (I can't recover the save file) I can go well into the 50's without crashing etc. It's an excellent mod and as I argued previously basically makes the game more playable in scale and scope.

I agree with some of the posters however that the mod doesn't work effectively because at the moment it supports an event chain only for a rather unlikely outcome, which by happenstance is the historical one. The eastern front does not work correctly, and this is not AAR's fault, this is kind of paradox's (assuming that the aim was to produce in an ai only europe, the likely outcome being a historical one), but russia usually survives, bolshevism rarely takes hold, and you are left with a europe frozen in 1918 with a strangely intact russian empire. Indeed in my games the czar rules until well into the 1950s!

So, I have a pie-in the sky proposed solution, and a practical stopgap.
1. As a practical measure, for now is it possible for someone who is good at darkest hour to play AAR from 1914 (I would guess as germany?) and achieve the historical outcome, then save the game in 1918 or 1919 (depending on what decisions etc are needed for the historical chain to be preserved. Then we can use that save file as the basis for a functional AAR experience, where the player plays from the armistice until the beginning of the HOI stuff.
2. I suggest to the modders as part of a long term goal to have the option of beginning the AAR scenario in 1918, thus ensuring the event chain works properly. That way, until the modders begin to ponder the question of alternative historical outcomes (kaiser reich crossover anyone!?), the player would have a better experience of the focus of the mod (the interwar period and how it connects to the 1933 scenario).

Thanks for hearing me out guys, sorry I rant alot, please I want to know your thoughts on this. I am a huge fan of this mod and I just want to make it more accessible, functional and fun. Unfortunately I suck at modding and playing darkest hour and I can't do nothin but talk on forums.

This week I have 3 problems sets and 2 coding projects due, next week I have a midterm on Monday. I've been getting 5 hours of sleep on average every day this week. Also, "lots of things" (defined as enough that if I were to update AAR to be 100% stable now, I will have to update it again when integrating) are going to be revised in DHF for 1914 scenario, stuff like RCW, that honestly I would be using my little free time better by just working on the underlying 1914 scenario in DHF. AAR's code is all open source, there's nothing stopping anyone else from contributing to it while I and Burning are both busy with college.

And yes, I'm also working on 1933.

For all intents and purposes, don't expect any more development of AAR as a mod, as it's just simpler for me to work on integrating it with the base game. When (don't expect it this year unless a miracle happens and I get more free time) we finish integration of AAR into DHF and the release of 1.04 is still a while away, I will release a "stable" version of AAR with all of the required files you will need to run it (including any updated files from DHF). I would really like to get it out faster, but I honestly don't have as much free time as I used to before I entered College or in my Freshman years as I'm taking all hard technical courses.

Last edited:
Had an interesting game as Yunnan-Constitutional Protection Movement, going to take it to the end.

Anyways, Germany swept through the Russian Empire, controlled most of Finland, controlled part of the Ukraine, and controlled Northeastern Russia. First Russian revolution happened, and France won in the West. So Germany had to restore the pre-war borders, surrender part of Prussia and release Danzig, and once A-H surrendered, it broke up and Russia gained Galicia.

So now I have a massive Social Democrat Russia as a major power in my game, and Germany has lost most of the Rhineland to a French protectorate. I still have a reckoning with Beiyang China, who is ruled by the Zhili Clique (With all of Beiyang's territory.)

when we are going to have a NORMAL 1.03 version?

Hey m check out this thread...http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ions-Reboot-Maximizing-for-The-Grand-Campagin

It has a pretty much working 1.03 DH compatible version that you can use stand alone. I am playing a nice Italy game right now. Almost normal except Poland went against the Sovs after independence and got puppeted by them. Germany also allied with the Czechs and Rumanians for some reason. You can email me if you have any other questions.
delanonne:happy:

Hey m check out this thread...http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ions-Reboot-Maximizing-for-The-Grand-Campagin

It has a pretty much working 1.03 DH compatible version that you can use stand alone. I am playing a nice Italy game right now. Almost normal except Poland went against the Sovs after independence and got puppeted by them. Germany also allied with the Czechs and Rumanians for some reason. You can email me if you have any other questions.
delanonne:happy:

The Germany-Romania-Czechoslovakia alliance happened in my game as well. In one of the saves+reloads, this alliance declared war on USSR, the bitter peace fired by summer of 1940, and as soon as there was peace, the alliance broke, and the Treaty of Munich fired. So it was nice that historical events fired despite a historical course, with some ahistorical circumstances (E. Front resolved before W. Front).

I, also have been playing a Grand Campaign with Greece and it has been most interesting and time consuming! :)

Hello!
Im in 1920 now and kingdom of serbs croats and slovenians annexed austria for some reason. any way to fix that?

Do you know how to edit saves? Alternatively you could load as the KOSCAS, check claims to make sure that Austria proper is not a claim, and then release it and reload as your original faction.

Do you know how to edit saves? Alternatively you could load as the KOSCAS, check claims to make sure that Austria proper is not a claim, and then release it and reload as your original faction.

Thanks N I could not answer that one. People this mod has been abandoned again or at least nobody is fixing it. I only know a few fixes. It used to be my favorite mod but the two main guys are busy with other things. One guy took it back up for a month or so and then just went poof. Anyone who wants can help otherwise don't complain that something does not work.
delanonne