• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It can be done much quicker with Castille too, I have made number of suboptimal things which I haven't recognized until later. Perhaps something like 1408 is doable reliably. With some luck, perhaps 1405.

I am not sure about other plans. How can you get a core on Rome (even assuming that you got lucky enough to get other cores)? The only thing I can think of is PU and inherit everybody while annexing Papal States and selling Rome to one of the monarchies. But this plan has pretty low chance of succeeding within first 10 years.
You need two straight claims, which I've had happen before very early on as Tuscany. As I said, needs some reloading, but it isn't as hard as it would be for most nations.

It can be done much quicker with Castille too, I have made number of suboptimal things which I haven't recognized until later. Perhaps something like 1408 is doable reliably.
Confirmed. On the second run through I got...
faster Italy unification - 3 May 1408
Italy-14080503-small.jpeg
Here the bottleneck was usual - lack of diplomats. With AI taking Castilian provinces quicker it could have been faster. I was waiting for diplomats a bit over an a year after everything was set up.

You could probably do it as France too. I believe they start with fewer provinces than Castille, so after you fulfill the Italian Ambition mission you could lose a war to revoke all those cores you have, and then sell a few provinces to capital/culture shift.

You could probably do it as France too. I believe they start with fewer provinces than Castille, so after you fulfill the Italian Ambition mission you could lose a war to revoke all those cores you have, and then sell a few provinces to capital/culture shift.

Problem is, france got more missions, and those are quite hard to accomplish. But if you will get italian ambition, then yes.

Austrian Germany (P)Unification - 7 Apr 1440
Germany-14400407-small.jpeg
I think with some luck it can be done much quicker - perhaps somewhere around 1415-1420. For last 6 years I was just waiting for my king to die (while hunting rebels, of course). Earlier I have spent over a decade waiting for the emperor to die, though I should have probably dealt with him by other means. But starting with Bohemia would probably be a smarter option.

Ya i went hsa > ned > fra :D I think i could do it faster.

Wouldn't it be faster if you released all the french minors as vassals once you hit the waiting stage to get tech cost as low as possible?

I noticed there wasn't a record for the prettiest country in the game.

Fastest Sardinia-Piedmont Formation: January 11, 1406

Improved Fastest Sardinia-Piedmont Unification: April 4, 1403

Last edited: