• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Funnyman, be a Civ admin. You have a good chance of being governor of mars.

Represenative Government

Okay. I don't think I can wreck the game too badly if I screw up then :p Sign me up as a civil admin!

Excellent!

Now hurry up and lobby for massive budgets to get the planet up and running as an industrial powerhouse.

Then YOU can make the decisions on the ships to build, the research to conduct, and all those other wonderful political options
that the gang of five formerly kept to themselves. After all, it IS YOUR planet. You are responsible for the welfare of your people,
not some remote bureacrat a million miles away. :p

Aagh I'm feeling overwhelmed! Maybe if I have to make all those decisions I'd be better suited for something else

Heh, no you don't have to make those decisions. :) Thats the reason for the Council of Five, they know how to play and they're active. Everybody else matters as well but the main driver of the game is Randkar and the Fives. :cylon:

If you want to be a governor, thats fine. At first you probably won't have much decision to make. A mining colony is quite simple (send via mass driver or not...). Later, being a governor of a fledgling colony which may be a sector capital in the future will require some more decisions.

Lastly, we're your friend! There are tons of blood-sucking, chest-bursting, head-hunter aliens out there, we'll protect you, if we can.

So it is a 2-2 vote. We need Randakar to break the vote.:eek:

Nah :)

i have the power!!!

And i vote no to a geo team being formed at this stage. We cant spare the good men imho.

edit: happy to discuss who we should send though for future.

Done.
Time advance incoming .. when I catch up to this thread. :)

EDIT: Now we're just waiting for Randkar to progress the game. :D

Yep. I've spend most of my weekend resting, then getting major headache due to lack of rest previously, then resting some more. :p
Except for Friday. Friday evening I spend trying to fish for monsters using a dwarf for bait, turning some mummies back into their putrid graves, and trying to avoid being set on fire. ;-)
Figuratively, of course :)

I just read through this and would liek to play. That being said I dont own aurora and have never played before so I may need some (ok a lot) of help occasionally. That being said if I'm allowed to play could I be a ground officer, civilian admin or surveyor? Those positions seem like the most fun and we seem to be lacking them. I'll let Randy pick as to where he needs my services

Ground officers are pretty well covered right now.
The positions most in need of filling are the Civilian Admin in charge of Mars, and the Captain of our (so far only) gate building vessel.

Okay. I don't think I can wreck the game too badly if I screw up then :p Sign me up as a civil admin!

Done!

5aGVs.png

Heh, no you don't have to make those decisions. :) Thats the reason for the Council of Five, they know how to play and they're active. Everybody else matters as well but the main driver of the game is Randkar and the Fives. :cylon:

If you want to be a governor, thats fine. At first you probably won't have much decision to make. A mining colony is quite simple (send via mass driver or not...). Later, being a governor of a fledgling colony which may be a sector capital in the future will require some more decisions.

Possibly, yes. The Final Five can try to decide everything, but governors can simply decide to ignore them, if they wish.
That's not the default though, for obvious reasons. :)

Some are still noobs.... *looks innocently at suppreme overlord*

:D

Oh, absolutely. One of the reason I started this game is to get some input on how other people play it.
That being said, there are certain tricks I'd love to show off, so I may give some gentle hints towards them from time to time :p

Possibly, yes. The Final Five can try to decide everything, but governors can simply decide to ignore them, if they wish.
That's not the default though, for obvious reasons. :)

They might - But then the current Naval Commander is part of The Five. And he has no morale issues with killing enemies of the State!

To kill the enmy we need ships... just sayin'...

Depends on whether it is internal or external enemies. If it's internal my side arm works fine.

Depends on whether it is internal or external enemies. If it's internal my side arm works fine.

If they're internal we can use them as cannon fooder, too. Why waste some ammo?

If they're internal we can use them as cannon fooder, too. Why waste some ammo?

Point, definately a point....

MEMO TO BRIGADIER ADAMUS, COMMANDER GROUND FORCES
FROM REAR ADMIRAL (LOWER HALF) RENDAP, COMMANDER PN

Adamus,

After discussion with Commander Steiner, I hereby formally suggest training the 27th Penal Assault Battalion. With this we can pardon convicted criminals with the right to die in a Planetary Assault on our enemies. Find some shit-for-brains Colonel you want to get rid off and put him in command and use this Battalion as Cannon Fodder.

Regards,

Rendap,
CINC, PN

We need a Major Reissmann...