• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to ask a couple of questions to developer of this mod:
1) I have read a couple of chagelogs in latest versions of NWO 2 and and if I understand corectly you start to add some events from NWO 1, for example surrender events from NWO 1. So my question how many of NWO 1 events left for to intergrate, I especially I am interestested in surrender events for USSR and Western Allies to Germany/Japan in WW 2?
2) If understand correctly events of the cold war can lead to WW 3, are you planning i at some point in the future to inmpement surrender events for WW 3? Prehaps some capitulation events for USSR if NATO forces got deep in the USSR (as as result there can be events of dissolution of USSR and creation of democratic post soviet counrties like Russia, Ukraine etc) or events of unconditional surrender for USA and NATO allies if USSR conquer Europe and all mainland of United States of America, which will result in creation communist regimes in europe and USA?

I want to ask a couple of questions to developer of this mod:
1) I have read a couple of chagelogs in latest versions of NWO 2 and and if I understand corectly you start to add some events from NWO 1, for example surrender events from NWO 1. So my question how many of NWO 1 events left for to intergrate, I especially I am interestested in surrender events for USSR and Western Allies to Germany/Japan in WW 2?
2) If understand correctly events of the cold war can lead to WW 3, are you planning i at some point in the future to inmpement surrender events for WW 3? Prehaps some capitulation events for USSR if NATO forces got deep in the USSR (as as result there can be events of dissolution of USSR and creation of democratic post soviet counrties like Russia, Ukraine etc) or events of unconditional surrender for USA and NATO allies if USSR conquer Europe and all mainland of United States of America, which will result in creation communist regimes in europe and USA?

1) With NWO1 managing to achieve pretty much "complete" status, making of this mod was mostly conversion of this material anyway, even if sometimes it meant pretty much a total makeover. With Eastern Europe being fully covered in the version to be released shortly, there's almost nothing left to be added for the mod to have complete NWO1 feature set. I think the only things left are:
- events for European integration of early 1950s
- events for nuclear strategic advantage (they were VERY crude in NWO1 but allowed for an instant dissent hit in case of WW3 depending on whether superpowers had their missiles on Cuba or Turkey, simulating a damaging no-retaliation first strike)
- events for the end of WW2 for Warsaw Uprising and Tito Uprising (allowing a very thin chance of democratic Poland to form and a much bigger chance for a communist yet fully independent Yugoslavia to exist)
- and a 1953 scenario; NWO1 had it.

Nothing I think is a top priority thing, they'll all be introduced along with other 1.9.x timeline improvements.

2) Yes, there wasn't such a thing in NWO1 but I want to have it now. For now, I only noted down fancy pompous names for the respective surrender event chains (Novus Ordo Seclorum and Red Dusk). :)

Bizon
did you add new Soviet ministers to mod?
(763th post in this thread)

some new:
Andrei Zhdanov
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Zhdanov
Head of Goverment and Head of State (as Stalin's heir)

Thanks, I scrolled through "todo" list yesterday and planned to do it today. I'll add it of course :)

Bizon
1)I remade about 80% of soviet leaders
deleted all inactive to 1945 and so on

2) Do you remember about this my post (#764)

3) and can you add new general for USSR? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Falaleyev

his photo

falaleev.jpg

Thanks, I'll be working today on adding the rest of ministers.

Apart this, I'm pretty much done with 1.8.6 but want to do a couple of final checks. The changelog looks already pretty tasty:

Code:
[+] added event chain for unification of Communist Yugoslavia with Albania and Bulgaria
[+] added country-specific countries for communist states of Eastern Europe
[x] Iran used to be punished with economic sanctions twice during Abadan Crisis, fixed
[x] Iranian industrial modifier is restored to normal after Abadan Crisis (sanctions end)
[x] Communist Poland and Czechoslovakia receive Marshall Plan help properly if USSR accepts it
[x] East Germany gets a bit bigger positive IC modifier in New Economic System event, offsetting a bit other punishing events
[x] Flights from East Germany now give -1 rather than -2 IC modifier (DDR is already badly punished for various things)
[x] Polish OOB for 1945 and 1950 scenario corrected with semi-historical plausible division setup
[+] added an event for Slansky trial, with alternative outcome possible
[x] fixed badly generated events for government setup of various European communist countries
[+] 1945 and 1950 scenarios have now the system of guarantees properly set up to make 1945-1949/55 Western/Eastern Allies fight for each other
[x] fixed bad tag for Iceland that caused an error upon loading 1950 scenario (reported by madman12)
[+] events for creation of United Arab Republic are modified and reactivated again
[+] Nationalist China can now return to Beijing once they beat Communists, even if they retreat to Taipei first (reported by rstar17)
[x] modified Eastern Europe starting ministerial setups for 1945-1956 scenarios, added a couple of missing pictures (provided by eeex)
[+] merged part of new Soviet ministers with the existing set (provided by FCZP)
[x] Poland in 1956 can now decide if they want to get rid of Stalinist hardliners and push Gomulka to power or if they want to retain status quo
[x] Saarland should be now annexable in 1956 by West Germany (reported by Viden)
[x] There is now higher chance that Saarland votes to unify with West Germany
[x] fixed erroenous switching of national provinces of two Congo states (reported by PattonUS)
[+] added a block_ideology_switch local flag that will prevent switching tags between democratic/nationalist and communist version if not meant to (like in case of Togliatti's Italy, reported by NapalmEddie)
[+] added events for Hungarian Revolution of 1956 with 0.5% probability of escalating into WW3
[x] East Germany is now Soviet puppet in 1950 scenario (reported by NickRooz)
[x] Israel has now even more garrison divisions than before, at the cost of normal infantry/motorized ones; should curb their ability to storm surrounding countries (reported by KaiserMuffin)
[x] Belgium now loses cores over Congo-Leopoldville upon its independence (reported by NickRooz)
[x] British minister Sir Roger Backhouse is now slept in 1939 (reported by Kennelly)
[x] fixed a minor bug in the British surrender so that allied Italy will always get her share
[+] added events for dissolution of the Allies after the British surrender in WW2

I think I'll be uploading the new version today evening.

EDIT: And one more thing, I'll want to tackle the problem with WW1 techs being researched.

Last edited:
Well i havent been back in the DH forums in months :) nice to see were on the same patch and mods just grew a bigton.

I was dragged out yesterday to see the quarter finals match so nothing came from my plans to push a bit of extra content to the new version. But I supposed it could be so and that's why I prepared all the "must-be" content already (changelog I posted) :) I tried to push 33 MB through my mobile connection but apparently it's too much for it to handle :] I'll be home in an hour or two so I'll update the first post with proper links.

NickRooz: Hungarian Revolution, among other things, is in, but I can't say I tested it properly, you may play through 1956 and see if it works OK. As for Eritrea, I didn't manage to squeeze it in and I'll review it for the next version. If someone has a couple of minutes to spare, there are events for this in db\events\nwo\ethiopia.txt and a couple of events in db\events\nwo\united_nations.txt (event 8510500 and onwards), overall a pretty easy event chain. If you find what's wrong with them, I'll be grateful.

Like I mentioned, I probably won't be available till the end of the month but then I'm returning back, happy and refreshed :)

Please don't forget my report from page 39, especially regarding the wrong military access code in 1950 scenario, USA troops in Korea and Germany still get redeployed back to the States.

1945 scenario:

When Dutch East Indies goes to war, USA has event about maintaining peace in Europe and enters alliance with DEI.

New version, yay! Maybe it'll convince me into playing DH Full again instead of KR. There's one condition though. Well, two:
- is Soviet Union still forced to release all the european countries as puppets?
- is the problem with Madagascar/Greece/whatever forcing whole alliance into peace solved?

This is cool, gonna try this mod immediately. Please please tell me the Cuban Revolution is implemented?

E: Checked it up, it is, and seems to have a few juicy events around it. Nice!!

Playing with Cuba and it's enjoyable. I just think some events and such could be added to make it more enjoyable! After all Cuba did have a big impact on the Cold War, especially in the Americas.

1. The UN congress of 1964 where Che Guevara was sent as the Cuban delegate as an event? (I'm not sure if there are many events after 1960 though?)

2. Nationalization of U.S. (and all else) citizens' and companies' property on Cuba which resulted in a US embargo towards Cuba that is lasting still today...

3. Before the revolution Cuba had +200 relations with USA, -50 or something with Soviet etc. etc. but after the revolution it's still the same. There should be some kind of event changing the relations to other left wing countries and capitalist countries. (After the nationalization Soviet got closer to Cuba while USA relations to Cuba worsened, which is pretty logical)

4. Che Guevara travelling around the world (and thus, becoming unavailable as a Cuba minister) especially Congo in 1965 during the Congo Crisis and 1966 Guevara moving to Bolivia trying to spark a revolution there. (Yet again, are there many events after 1960 really?)

Well that's all for now.

EDIT!: Well, actually it looks like I didn't check through the event files closely enough! There is an event where you can choose if you want to side with Soviet or USA which changes relations and makes Soviet guarantee the independence of Cuba. That's nice.

Last edited: