• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh god yes this. I hope it's as easy to implement as I think, because I would just love this. Even if it just shows the dynasties of Direct Vassals. It would allow you to see if any family is garnering undue power within your realm or elsewhere.
Definitely!

I want to be able to follow/unfollow characters. For example if you want to be aware when they become adult. As it is now I write down dates and names to remember to check up on them. This would also be good if you are tracking the life of a rival king, to know when he get a new child, or if his wife dies.

You can do this already. Right click on the character's portrait, then right click on the icon that comes out to the left, then left click on the star button that pops up.

you can do this already. Right click on the character's portrait, then right click on the icon that comes out to the left, then left click on the star button that pops up.
holly crap my mind has just exploded i've been looking for this feature forever and ever

I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not but I'd love for there to be a divide in half (roughly) button. Splitting up armies is irritatingly time consuming at present.

No problem. You'll also have to mess around with the message settings for characters of "Special interest" (the silver star) to tell it what information to give you about them.

Damn. Should have known this before, will save lots of time. Cheers!

make dynasty map act a tad diffrent. zoomed out you see the ruling dynasty in the nation, zoomed in you see the ruling dynasty provincewise.

also, allow liege/vassels to be called to war. currently they barely do anything. would make it much more profitable to marry off a daugther to a duke ect. and try and get a alliance with your liege

I think that the terrain bonuses should be more efficient.. I mean, depending on the traits (e.g brilliant strategist) or the martial level, the "hill" or "mountain" ("river", as well) could be more crucial to the battle.. Should be more fair to slightly minor armies.

New terrains could be added also ! And, of course, the seasons graphics.. :happy:

What you guys think ?

I just had to murder my own mother as the K. of Poland. Because when I helped her get her claim, she was invaded by every Duke with a claim on the D. of Volhynia. And the only way to prevent it was to murder her, since you won't gain a vassal when you fight a war and press the claim on their behalf.

This is sick.

We need an option to Offer to Join War for our allies. Now we must sit and wait until they decide to call us, and sometimes they simply don't do that, apparently because we have a higher Opinion of their enemies, even if we have a political interest in keeping them safe.

Ideas for future patches

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread with ideas for future patches.
Both things that might logically make sense, and things that might improve balance, raise difficulty, etc.

I'll start; I think it would interesting and logical if the number of cities within your demense incrementally increased recruitment rate at baronies. One would think that a province with one barony and four cities would have an easier time finding young, stupid men to recruit into a fighting force. Especially given the poverty of the time and the material security that even foot soldiers had (if their kings weren't in debt that is). The mechanic could work at the province level fairly easily (each city over 1 increases recruitment rate by 5% or so) or maybe at the demense level?

I also miss the mechanic in EU3 that allowed you to welcome religious members from other areas when being prosecuted. However, I think this could be used in CK2 to speed up cultural assimilation. You could have an event to invite emigrants from your cultural homeland (and religious migrants) to spread up assimilation of a province. It bothers me when I'm playing as the Count of Napoli that my culture doesn't spread faster. Surely some of the greeks just across the strait would like to join me in turning southern italy into a greek orthodox stronghold? Maybe it could just be an event or option that halves the time to fire for cultural change, but raises unrest by a fixed percentage?

Do we have a timeframe on this mod yet? As I have crash bug that means I can't get past a certain date, and yes I have posted in the bug forum!

Modding related stuff:
A full proof way to target all characters in the game. any_character and random_character doesn´t work, and other circumventions were proven or incomplete or not working in some situations.
random_traits = no #in the history character file to prevent random traits to appear in some characters.

Not modding related:
Some way to know who my friends and rivals are.

I'd like to be able to give away territory to anyone (not just the Pope). They could refuse of course, but there should be an option. For example, I may decide to install someone from my house (de Normandie) as King of Jerusalem but I don't want it to be in my realm because it's so far away. I'd like to be able to give additional territory if I were to take it but as it stands I cannot.