• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, This issue may not be unique to Stars and Stripes ( I'm not sure as never used a carrier till now ), but if I rebase a CAG to a Carrier I end up with it being listed twice in the OOB. How do I get rid of the old listing of the unit that is not under the carrier without deleting the CAG. ? Sorry this may be a silly question and it's not a huge issue.

My first game with Stars&Stripes (max. Bonus only to Japan) went pretty well. Well, as many already said, Japan declared war on me in November, therefore no "Day of Infamy" decision. I don't know if further decisions or events are connected to this, but the time of a surprise attack of japan seems to me irrelevant. Maybe this could be fixed. To everything else I must say: Great work! Japan successfully invaded Wake, Midway, the Philippines, Guam, Guadalcanal (but not the rest of the Solomons?) and even Darwin in Australia. Normally, I#ve got a house rule of not moving any garrison units or ships into the PTO before the Japanese attack, but I did it in this game, with 3xGar/1xArt on every US island with a port and a full corps of four infantry divisions commanded by MacArthur to support the Phillipine Army. This didn't stop the Japanese conquest. But my massive CV buildup is taking its toll now, with many Japanese CVs and Transports destroyed. Japanese Army has taken Malaysia, Burma and already a big chunk of India, even landing in Colombo. But sureprsingly the leave out most of Indonesia, just the British part of Borneo.

All in all: A very good job!

Hi, This issue may not be unique to Stars and Stripes ( I'm not sure as never used a carrier till now ), but if I rebase a CAG to a Carrier I end up with it being listed twice in the OOB. How do I get rid of the old listing of the unit that is not under the carrier without deleting the CAG. ? Sorry this may be a silly question and it's not a huge issue.
Are you sure you don't have it listed in your INFANTRY OOB somewhere? Because when I rebase a CAG, it is always removed from the plane list.

You need the USMC divisional status tech, just above it. When it says '(USMC)' it means it is a technology you can find in the USMC tab.

I am at work now but i am sure there are 6 techs (3 left, 3 right) to research. I did reserch the whole left side, and the tech (landing vehicles) still is n/a. Above the button is nothing to research oO

I am at work now but i am sure there are 6 techs (3 left, 3 right) to research. I did reserch the whole left side, and the tech (landing vehicles) still is n/a. Above the button is nothing to research oO

The Division tech is above the Landing vehicles, to the right. ;)

So this combines the mods in Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung? or is it completly seperate. ie i have to play Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung to get the germany changes and this DLC only has USA mods?

Completely separate. One is to play USA, the other is for GER. You can't have both as the DLC are single country only.

AI's produntion is very weired. German and Soviet have AI boost, so they have enough manpower,resource.
But they produce only industrial capacity,instrafracture,fort,AA,convoy. Is there anyone who has same problem as me?

Last edited:
O ok i saw something very strange! The scenarios that came with DI:S&S did not show up in the game.

However when i opened DI: GD the scenarios where there! :???. Now i feel my whole installation might be a little screwy but that doesnt seem so. What happened?

My opinion so far
+ I really like it how you made the game way more interesting as the US with all the big and little things
+ Loved the option to make my enemies (or allies) stronger
+ I didn't encounter many big bugs, which positively surprised me, taking into account it's the first release version

- It would be nice if you could give some (dis)advantages to China/Japan depending on how the war down there is going -> China getting stronger and stronger when closer to defeat and being really weak if its still in possession of all of its territory to keep it and its minions to conquer Japanese territory and make the war more historic
- One of the disadvantages on the picture of the standard rocket artillery says "High fuel consumption" (I guess that was for SPrArt)
- I would replace "Field Marshall" with "General of the Army" and the corresponding badge and "HoS"+"HoG" with "President" and "Vice-President" (If that is possible)

Other Stuff:
* I hope so see all the other stuff you mentioned implemented really soon, because it would make the mod even more awesome
* I got this really nasty Crisis in the late 30s event... however it triggered almost in summer of '41 for me, so probably shortly before the war. Is that WAD, or was that some kind of bug? (It says late 30s and its 41 and I can't build almost anything until the event impacts end.) ?!?!
* I would like to be more flexible with giving boost effects to nations (was also mentioned by several others before)

Played 2 games. In the first I gave bonus to whole Axis, which made Japan Steamroll through China and annex it in '37. Also I realized a bit too late the AI chose a non standard response to the Munich agreement,
which kept a lot of the events from firing and made the SU declare war on Germany after annexation of Czechoslovakia and Poland no matter what...
As I didn't have any good save I decided to restart.
In the second I just gave Germany the bonuses and most things went in a historical way, so I based all of my feedback on the 2nd game

This DLC is good in terms of quality,and obvious effort of the author to make fine game.
And it has its moments.

Stil I am left with strong sense that same ammount of effort dedicated to Japan"Empire of the rising Sun",will be accepted even better.

BTW purchased this DLC as an act of respect and support,but democracies won the war anyway,so can you give us more of good old noughty authoritarian empires please in foreaseable future?.
(UK not included)

Last edited:
I personally think that Japan needs to garrison their Pacific islands more, each one only had one sole garrison, and was virtually unprotected by and ships. The only time I encountered difficult was in Truk, which seems almost impossible to capture due to it's maxed out defensive structures, and the only time I saw any enemy ships was when I conquered Taipai and had my CV's near Okinawa (was an all-out CAG war).

Also, is it normal to have to use spys to raise the threat on either Germany or Japan to get to ally with the U.K.? Threat never seems to get high enough naturally.

This DLC is good in terms of quality,and obvious effort of the author to make fine game.
And it has its moments.

Stil I am left with strong sense that same ammount of effort dedicated to Japan"Empire of the rising Sun",will be accepted even better.

BTW purchased this DLC as an act of respect and support,but democracies won the war anyway,so can you give us more of good old noughty authoritarian empires please in foreaseable future?.
(UK not included)

Just do not agree with the last in brackets, the UK is not over represented by add ons. As an example, I dont use sprites, but the last time I looked there were none for UK.
My main reason for this however is that it would be create a very good game if there was a possibility of the UK and Germany being allied. Sorry to jump in on a US thread but just had to answer St. Exepury (sorry about the missing circumflex)

Nice work :)

Image for CAS planes shows as inconvenient : "Poor in air to ground attacks",
you probably meant "Poor use in air to air combat"

how do you enact lend-lease? I went full axis from the start, and I see the lend lease button on the politics tab. But I don't have the lend_lease_enacted flag.

How do tyou get Stars and Stripes to work? I've installed it, but whenever I start up For The Motherland, there's no option to use S&S as a mod, and wen I click on the USA as the country want to play, there's no difference from a standard FTM game. What am I doing wrong? Is there some special way I'm supposed to install S&S, or a special way I have to start the game to get it to work?

Hi DD, have been playing DIG since release and now Stars and Stripes really love the DLC's and hope future countries are in store! (Japan maybe :) )

With Stars and stripes so far I've noticed even when I select GER to have the increased AI/very hard settings and other countries default normal GER is still being taking over by SOV (playing US historical) around 1943. Even with increased AI is GER "supposed" to get beaten by normal ai Sov?

I hoped with axis values pumped up they may have chance to beat SOV but have not seen it yet in about 5 games.

Also while playing US historical pearl harbor has not fired for me. Are there certain triggers as US that I am not meeting or Japan is not meeting (maybe related to next issue)?

Lastly so far Japan seems to be getting beat back by China pretty early in game (1940) and then stalemates around Manchukuo. As Japan ai they probably are not triggering pearl harbor because they have been beaten in China so no reason to attack USA (normal AI for all except GER)?

Thanks

Last edited:
Those of us who purchased HoI3 from Impulse are completely unsupported by this DLC.

Interesting events in my game, China kicked Japan back. China joined the Allies in September of 1940. In June of 1941 Japan signs a peace treaty with China. Allies are still at war with Japan, except for China.

No Pearl Harbor, but then I would expect that from Japan, since they were having such a hard time with China.

Playing as USA I join the Allies in January of 1942. England was almost out of the game, as Italy is just a beast. Took out all of France by itself. Vichy fired, would think this would not have happened since Italy powered through south of France, all the way to the coast of the channel.

Japan has declared war on USSR and has taken a good chunk of eastern USSR. Germany is having all it can do trying to hold on let alone advance into the land of the Red Bear.

Spend all of 1942 liberating Great Briton.

Playing as historically as I can.

Bottom line, am I having fun? You betcha.