• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
27 years old, incomplete BA in History and Political Science. Creative writer, English as a Second language teacher, drywaller, etc.
I've always had a love for strategy games since playing Civilization 2 in my early teens. Got into the EU series with EU2 (never gonna forget my first game where I made Castile a massive American empire, with huge inflation, just like IRL)
Today I am more interested in pencil-paper games (DnD specifically), but I always get a lot of entertainment value with Paradox games. Just played a great Kingdom of Ireland, Wales, Portugal, and Castile game in CK1 (Got all that by 1105 ;) ), so I can definitely say that was worth my money all those years ago. Love Victoria series (still not sure if I prefer Ricky or V2, play both), EU series, CK 1. I'm one of these old-fashioned gamers who keeps playing the 2D games even after the new ones are out.

16 year old student in college (English version) and studying Physics, Maths, History and Spanish. Currently procrastinating to avoid my History exam that I will be sitting in precisely 48 hours from now!

24 years old, in pharmacy school. I love all of the PI grand strategy games for the deep gameplay and learning about various countries and cultures that I never even knew existed. I'm eagerly looking forward to A House Divided as well. V2 vanilla is fun, but all of the new features look amazing.

24-year-old perpetual college undergrad. Spent three years working toward an English degree, switched to math a year and a half ago. Ran an electronics store for two years, now semi-regularly employed and far less stressed out all the time.

I've always loved EU3 because of how narrative the games can be. Each one is like a story. CKII ramps this up to 11 by making everything about the characters, so it's got me super excited.

25, with a BA in English and Spanish Literature, now pursuing a career in social work.

soon to be 23 year old, Farming student, have been on the university studying farming but meeh.. was to technical... so now the practical way to farming ...... working with chickens atm (could say i manage my own department in a larger firm.) only wonder though is that i didnt go study history as i am rather versed in it ..... although im a sucker of W.W.2 and well medieval times .... or studying languages as i also do alot in that... hope to learn russian sooner or later and got alittle japanese in board from a year lived there...

-Argondo

18 year old, inbound to the Air Force. Linguist specialty!

Don't you get a bonus for each language you currently know? Or is that the Navy?

23 year old, living in Oslo, Norway. Got a BA in History from England, a degree I chose, based solely on my love for Paradox games. So, thanks Paradox! My first Paradox game was the original Europa Universalis, which I bought for my own allowance at the age of 12. Still is, to this day, the most cherished copy in my games shelf.

23 year old Law Student in the United States. Love the game for its ability to try to creatively build power, especially when starting as a lowly count in a backwater. This game actually made it infinitely easier for me to understand Possessory Estates and other elements of Property Law.

Also did my undergrad in History and International Relations with a subject interest in Early Modern British and Eastern European History.

I am a 18 year old Norwegian-born Bengali. I am studying computer and server on a vocational level, meaning IT Management but I am planning to take a degree i Computer Engineering.

My first PI game was CK but I was to young to understand the greatness of the game and gave it away. But the PI game take hook me on to PI was EUIII.

34 year old history buff and small business owner. Studied english in the uni but work took over my life.

The reason I enjoy CK is because of the personal aspect of the games. I like how you form relationships with the characters and how they grow on you and of course how this is mated to the usual Paradoxian grand strategy. I still remember how my 77 year old King of Ireland died and how his young son who had excellent stats at the start but later went insane and started axemurdering the family.

23 year old female, Early Childhood Education major but someone who has always loved history, especially interested in monarchy and genealogy.
Heyy! There's more than one female playing CKII (or, at least, declared female)... and we're both from Ohio??

28 years old, studying Pol.Scient at the university.

Depending on different paradox titles the reason can change abit.
But I really like the fact you can change history and bring a dynesty/country/etc to glory.
In CK the fact that you get to Roleplay alot aswell brings me the ultimate mixture..

34 year old history buff and small business owner. Studied english in the uni but work took over my life.

The reason I enjoy CK is because of the personal aspect of the games. I like how you form relationships with the characters and how they grow on you and of course how this is mated to the usual Paradoxian grand strategy. I still remember how my 77 year old King of Ireland died and how his young son who had excellent stats at the start but later went insane and started axemurdering the family.

I studied English at uni too! Good times hehe.

I'm 26 and a Drama/English teacher, but I've also taught some History (although I'm pretty much an amateur in that regards hehe). The medieval period is my favourite era by a long way, hence why I was so addicted to the original CK a while back. I totally love the whole roleplay aspect of it - it's fascinating to see the lives of people develop in the game (when you're filling in the blanks with outrageous speculations anyway lol!)

23 year old female, Early Childhood Education major but someone who has always loved history, especially interested in monarchy and genealogy.

Oh whahay, another edumacatorer hehe. Although you deal with Early Childhood - that's pretty intense. I don't think I could deal with students that young... I prefer the apathetic type you can try to (sometimes unsuccessfully hehe) inspire, rather than the excitable youngsters who you have to calm down lol!