• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Theron

About India setup. Were the province IDs already coded for this map or have changed something like names or whatever? That is, have you only assigned new provinces to current tags?

For example provice 553, in vanilla map is Raipur a Delhi province, in MyMap is Doab a Delhi province and in wagceep is Allahabad, a Jaunpur province.

I am still working on the setup. Past post has several mistakes which I have been learning by learning more on India.
Not all IDs from vanilla correspond to the ones in watkabaoi, if that's what you mean.

e.g. Constantonople is 357 in vanilla and 1953 in watkabaoi

Seazones are mostly all the same.
But in case of land provinces, there is quite a large number of differences, which is why converting events is difficult and time-consuming.

May be it is better to make Danish culture purple? In order not to confuse it with English, especially in the colonies.
Done.

-Abkhazia province should be Caucasian.
-Daghestan is also Caucasian.
Ok, but I shall be using Circassian not Caucasian.

You will also still need to add several religions: East Christianity (Armenia, Lebanon, Ethiopia), Zoroastrianism for East may be. As they are now "pagan".
Yes, religions will be done later.

-How is Guelders supposed to work? Are there any events for it to appear after the death of Duke Rainald?
Events are planned.

Also remove ports from Abkhazia, Imereti and Kars. Leave only one in Guria.
To be reviewed.

-Karjala shoudl be part of Novgorod. And Orthodox.
I disagree. Karjala (266) represents West/Swedish/Finnish Karelia. Kareliya (1470) represents East/Russian Karelia.

Karelia was split this way in the Treaty of Nöteborg.

I am not sure about all this anachronistic 19th century towns in the Horde lands (Donetsk, Stavropol etc). Probably someone with the better knowledge of the area will fix them.
No problem, will review these later. Lithuanian city names were applied.

Last edited:
I disagree. Karjala (266) represents West/Swedish/Finnish Karelia. Kareliya (1470) represents East/Russian Karelia.

Karelia was split this way in the Treaty of Nöteborg.
Probably you are wrong. If you check the map at your link you will see that the Swedish part of Karelia according to Treaty of Nöteborg was Viborg (bigger part of Karelian Isthmus represented Viipuri province), while the rest of West Karelia remained part of Novgorod/Russia until the Treaty of Stolbovo.

Considering that most events and all AI files are still based on the vanilla map, that's a pretty remarkable screenshot. FRA is perfect, BUR probably did very well. So did ENG (except for diploannexing SCO). The only problem is TUR but it also tends to behave that way in most vanilla-AGCEEP games. We need to take a look at its AI files and MAM annexation events. EPI survived but it is not listed in TUR and VEN's combat lists yet so that will not be a problem in the future.

Most of the ahistorical situations are due to diploannexations (SCO, LOR, SAV). We could change the diploannexation time from defines.txt or use persistent events to cancel vassalisations.
About Scotland we could tweak event ENG_164047 to have it fire with Scotland already annexed but I don't think we should have an independence by event, at least until SCO_276006 about the National Covenant and then SCO_3079 and 3080. Of course these SCO events should have ENG sister events in case SCO isn't independent.

Then we have ENG_164050 to fine tune, humm...

About Savoy, if the Italian Wars have been fought and the dedicated events have fired, there is the event of Cateau-Cambresis to make them indepenent.

Tweaking the defines is also good, even for nationalism.

About persistent events, how should they work eventually?

I'm not sure. We'll have to test it.

The thread is in the process of being split in specific threads and migrated to the watkabaoi subforum. I can't vouch for the transfer of any posts made from now on in this thread.

Considering that most events and all AI files are still based on the vanilla map, that's a pretty remarkable screenshot. FRA is perfect, BUR probably did very well. So did ENG (except for diploannexing SCO). The only problem is TUR but it also tends to behave that way in most vanilla-AGCEEP games. We need to take a look at its AI files and MAM annexation events. EPI survived but it is not listed in TUR and VEN's combat lists yet so that will not be a problem in the future.

Most of the ahistorical situations are due to diploannexations (SCO, LOR, SAV). We could change the diploannexation time from defines.txt or use persistent events to cancel vassalisations.

TUR took all of MAM 20 years later.

BTW, first game where TUR took vienna

there was a 50 year lull from 1450 to 1500 approx. then things started to ignite. I presume its to do with land levels, but I am only guessing.
....and....I cut dynastic marriages length time in half around 1480, so that might effect something

It will be a new feature in 1.3.

I hope MichaelM won't mind me quoting him:

In this case, we'd have a persistent event that checks if Lothian is owned by ENG. Each time that condition is true, SCO is granted independence by ENG.

persistent is somewhat dangerous in the wrong events, because they keep firing even if successful

another problem is the revolt file, its pointless as it is as sme nations are correct and some keep raised themselves up even though the did not do it historically.

i even have NOR , SER, BOS as late as 1550 still emerging to cause grief and delay to its former owners

Otherwise something has changed in 1.3 we would need other persistent events testing the former persistent events to break the vassalage.

EDIT:

Would this breakvassalage or breakoverlord work if added in a triggered event?

EDIT2: I have rephrased my question. :)

a good way of using persistent from my agceep mod

event = {
id = 92000015 #Paradox 1019
trigger = {
ai = yes
atwar = yes
treasury = 30
}
random = yes
persistent = yes
name = "EVENTNAME_RANDOM015" #Mercenaries for the Army
desc = "EVENTHIST_RANDOM015"
#-#The Army was often bolstered in war by mercenaries into the ranks.

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 5000 }
}
}

i also had some events with extra triggers based on land level, below 5 , only cavalry, above 5 to 11 infantry , above 11 both and artillery

Pity there is no command for mercenaries.......it would be surprising numbers of men per event

Last edited:
anyway to become Holland after they emerge...looks really interesting on my current game

Status
Not open for further replies.