• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like your frequent updates. I really enjoy the AAR in general ;)

Yeah, rebuilding IC in China takes a lot of time, but they should get stronger over time and I guess that you will appreciate every div they give you, anyway. Just put them on Military Control (they are your puppet, after all).

Got to say I am quite impressed with the quality and the frequency of your updates, keep up with your great work.

I second that. Too many good AARs just end after a few updates, usually when things start getting interesting.

Keep up the good work, makif130289 :)

I also like your frequent updates. I really enjoy the AAR in general ;)

Yeah, rebuilding IC in China takes a lot of time, but they should get stronger over time and I guess that you will appreciate every div they give you, anyway. Just put them on Military Control (they are your puppet, after all).

Thank you all, I think the entertaining parts are just about to begin :)

Last edited:
China-Nanking has cores on all his territories except for Nanping ( I don't know why )
Nanping, eh? I don't know why too and I'm the one who added China-Nanking to the game so I guess it's my fault. :eek: :(
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll correct it. Keep up the updates. :)

It would be a good idea to decrease the dissent the Chinese puppet get, but also decrease the number of core provinces they have, especially in the west (change them to claims). It shouldn't be perfectly stable and some partisan activity should still be noticeable. China is a big country with massive population - I have no doubt that partisans would continue to be a problem in some regions even after the potential establishment of the Chinese puppet state.

PART XXXIX: ROAD TO WAR

aR0y3.jpg

Lieutenant Ichirō Kitajima briefing the crew of IJN Kaga about the attack plan on Pearl Harbor

[video=youtube;iarfBcGtZFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iarfBcGtZFg[/video]​

November, 1941

Imperial Palace, Tokyo

Meeting between PM Tojo, Emperor Hirohito and Admiral Yamamoto

PM Tojo : His Majesty, Our secret preparations for war against United States continues. All our efforts to reach an understanding failed. Admiral Yamamoto will explain you our suprise attack plan.

Admiral Yamamoto :His Majesty, My 1st Carrier Fleet is currently based at Iwo Jima. I have 4 carriers under my command : Kaga, Soryu, Junyo and Zuikaku. Our plan is to make surprise air attack on US Pacific Fleet based at Pearl Harbor. We have collected a lot of information about the number and types of ships based at Pearl Harbor and also studied the port extensively. Most of US Pacific Fleet is currently docked at Pearl Harbor. Ships are very close to each other and this makes them perfect targets for air strike. If we can close Pearl Harbor without being detected, we could cripple US Fleet there. There are also oil depots in Pearl Harbor. Destroying them will leave Americans without fuel for couple of months.

BHf3s.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : Admiral Yamamoto, what if our Fleet is detected ?

Admiral Yamamoto : Then we will cancel the operation His Majesty. Success chance of our plan depends on total surprise. I am planning to approach Pearl Harbor from West Pacific Ocean. This area is rarely patrolled by US ships.

eHKdg.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : Admiral, do you believe that we could win the war in the Pacific ?

Admiral Yamamoto : His Majesty, I could destroy US Fleet in the Pacific as a whole within months but huge American production will be able to rebuild their navies. If we can achieve our ambitions in this time interval, we could defeat them.

Emperor Hirohito : Then, we will go to war. Admiral, get back to Iwo Jima and continue the preparations. General Tojo, I want Imperial Conference to be held on November 15 for the detailed explanation of military strategy.

November 15, 1941

Imperial Conference

PM Tojo : His Majesty, dear ministers and generals of Empire of Japan. Oil embargo imposed by United States on us in 1940 led to rapid decline in our reserves. So far, we managed to fix our reserves at 39.000 tonnes by locking our navies at docks. During this time, we tried to negotiate with Americans for revoking of embargo but Americans demanded evaucation of China and Indochina in exchange for lifting the embargo. This, of course was unacceptable to every honourable Japanese man. Now, His Majesty decided to solve the problem by force. Preparations are being made for months for war against United States, United Kingdom and the Netherlands. War will begin by Admiral Yamamoto's attack on Hawaii. We will sink American Fleet in a single blow as we did in Port Arthur in 1904. At the same time with our attack at Pearl Harbor, we will attack against the Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaya, Sumatra, Java, Borneo, Guinea, Burma, Guam Island, Wake Island and Midway Island. One of the high priorities is to capture oil depots in the Dutch East Indies. After US Pacific Fleet is annihilated in Pearl Harbor, It won't be hard for us to capture the regions I listed. Our general strategic plan is to capture all these provinces as fast as possible and then to create wide defensive perimeter that the Allies could never breach. American people are afraid of the war, they always tried to avoid from the war. American soldiers are not as spritiually prepared as our soldiers. When they lost hundreds of thousands of their soldiers in our defensive lines, they will sue for peace and then we will be able to impose our demands in Washington.

Oil Situation:

yUx0Q.jpg

General Line of Planned Defensive Perimeter

PM Tojo :Gentlemen, our initial planned defensive perimeter is shown in the maps you are given. The borders are roughly; Indian border in the West, Australia in the South, Hawaii in the East and Attu island in the North. This is the minimum defensive line we are planning to create. If things go well for us, our plan is to enlarge the defensive perimeter in a way to include Australia in the South, India in the West and Hawaii in the East.

jSyfH.jpg

iEDsq.jpg

The Navy

PM Tojo : Gentlemen, We created 4 Main Fleets, 2 of them are Carrier Fleets and other 2 are Battleship Fleets.

1st Battle Fleet of Admiral Ozawa is based at Osaka. This Fleet is currently held as reserves. Flagship of Admiral Ozawa is IJN Musashi.

0qmzS.jpg

2nd Battle Fleet of Admiral Mikawa is based at Taiwan. This Fleet will join operations against the Philippines. Flagship of Admiral Mikawa is IJN Yamato.

FtSGT.jpg

1st Carrier Fleet of Admiral Yamamoto is based at Iwo Jima. This Fleet will conduct Pearl Harbor attack. Flagship of Admiral Yamamoto is IJN Zuikaku.

qZtbZ.jpg

2nd Carrier Fleet of Admiral Nagano is based at Saigon. This Fleet will join operations against Malaya and Dutch East Indies. Flagship of Admiral Nagano is IJN Shokaku.

Tn2V7.jpg

Order of Battle for Military Operations

Hong Kong and the Philippines Campaign

PM Tojo :3rd Infantry Corps in Lufeng was given the task of capturing Hong Kong. General Higashikuni's Philippines Army was currently based at Taiwan. General Higashikuni has 1st Infantry Corps, 2nd Infantry Corps and 2nd Marine Corps to invade the Philippines.

2k5Mh.jpg

Malaya and Dutch East Indies Campaign

PM Tojo : General Yamashita's Malayan Army was given the task of capturing Malayan Peninsula and Singapore. 1st Cavalry Corps, 7th Infantry Corps and 8th Infantry Corps were given under command of General Yamashita.

General Hata's Southern Army was given the task of invading Dutch East Indies. 13th Infantry Corps, 6th Infantry Corps and 1st Mountain Corps were given under command of General Hata.

XdVAf.jpg

Pacific Campaign

PM Tojo :For operations against Pacific Islands, 9th Infantry Corps, 11th Infantry Corps and 1st Marine Corps were given under command of General Ando. 2 garrison divisions are also spared for guarding the captured islands.

ybGvc.jpg

Burma Campaign

PM Tojo : For the invasion of Burma, 15 divisions under 5 corps were given under command of General Kotohito. Chinese brought 16 divisions to Burma border, there forces are also expected to join the operations.

2XPTF.jpg

PM Tojo : Gentlemen, this is all about our offensive forces. We also have 3 corps (2 infantry and 1 motorized ) in Nagasaki that we hold as reserves.

7T13A.jpg

PM Tojo : For the defense of Pacific Islands, we sent at least 1 garrison division to all strategically important islands. Attack on Pearl Harbor was scheduled to begin on December 7.

s5Yag.jpg

PM Tojo :Gentlemen, We are getting into a war that will require the greatest sacrifices from our people and from us to defeat our enemies. Every one of us should be ready to die for the cause of the Emperor. Long live the Emperor, Long live the Empire of Japan.

November 29, 1941

Admiral Yamamoto left Iwo Jima for Pearl Harbor attack.

T7x9S.jpg

Last edited:
There we go!

BTW, weak China might be less useful, but is more realistic. The Japanese would have been glad not to have revolts all the time (and not getting a hundred combat-ready Chinese divisions quickly).

And so it begins - teach the arrogant Americans a lesson in naval and amphibious warfare!

I especially love your meticulous planning and the neat organization of your forces. It shows that you're a pro ;) I wonder though why you didn't include a HQ division to your Burma invasion forces, I'd think it would be most needed there.

Anyway, banzaaaaiiii! :D

Gah, advancing in Burma will be hard...

You should include the whole Hawaii in your sphere of influence. If the facilities of the US navy are reduced just to their West Coast ports, it will be easier to spot them and provide proper air cover for your naval forces.

There we go!

BTW, weak China might be less useful, but is more realistic. The Japanese would have been glad not to have revolts all the time (and not getting a hundred combat-ready Chinese divisions quickly).

Yeah I agree, I don't complain about the situation, just point out the fact. In fact, I think that IRL puppet China would have been dragged into complete chaos if they declared war against the Allies.

And so it begins - teach the arrogant Americans a lesson in naval and amphibious warfare!

I especially love your meticulous planning and the neat organization of your forces. It shows that you're a pro ;) I wonder though why you didn't include a HQ division to your Burma invasion forces, I'd think it would be most needed there.

Anyway, banzaaaaiiii! :D

Yeah I am organization guy, I like neat OOBs :) For Burma in HQ, you are right, I missed that. I may send it to Burma in the near future.

Gah, advancing in Burma will be hard...

You should include the whole Hawaii in your sphere of influence. If the facilities of the US navy are reduced just to their West Coast ports, it will be easier to spot them and provide proper air cover for your naval forces.

Burma is full of jungles, I don't expect rapid advance there. Hawaii is one of primary targets but entire US Fleet will probably go to there after Pearl Harbor. Let's see what will happen there.

It would be a good idea to decrease the dissent the Chinese puppet get, but also decrease the number of core provinces they have, especially in the west (change them to claims). It shouldn't be perfectly stable and some partisan activity should still be noticeable. China is a big country with massive population - I have no doubt that partisans would continue to be a problem in some regions even after the potential establishment of the Chinese puppet state.

I think current representation is good. Why should we delete Chinese cores. Defeated China may have well remained united. Wang Jingwei was also important member of Kuomintang in the past. He became Japanese puppet but his past is suitable to rule China. Dissent hit reflects internal chaos China entered very well. And puppet IC hit reflects Japanese exploitation. If Chinese were defeated IRL, he would have been Petain of China I think.

Dissent doesn't cause partisans to appear in DH and no matter how you look at it, there should at least be a threat of partisans appearing in Wang's China. It's unlikely that the regime would be perfectly stable. Let's be realistic - we are talking about containing hundreds of million people in a country which was internally divided and largely mountainous. Partisans would feel at home there.

PART XL: PEARL HARBOR

03LdY.gif

USS Arizona in Flames

December, 1941

December 6

Admiral Yamamoto managed to get close Hawaii without being detected by American intelligence. Prime Minister Tojo gave final approval for the attack.

TJ3t3.jpg

December 7

A6M Zero fighters began to take off from aircraft carriers.

[video=youtube;oweeHMxVW5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oweeHMxVW5M&feature=related[/video]

Our attack on Pearl Harbor has begun. Americans were taken by complete surprise.

dnX4T.jpg

We destroyed most of US Fleet in Pearl Harbor. 4 Battleships were sent to the bottom of the sea. However, carriers weren't present in Pearl Harbor. PM Tojo ordered Admiral Yamamoto to return to Iwo Jima to escape from possible American retaliation.

WeYUp.jpg

Half an hour ago before the attack, Washington ambassador delivered Japanese war declaration to United States.

PhLFB.jpg

General Shima's 3rd Infantry Corps began to assult Hong Kong at the same time with attack on Pearl Harbor.

Viq9c.jpg

Our forces began to attack British positions in Burma. Chinese forces are also supporting from the North.

xPxMM.jpg

2nd Bomber Wing is bombing Hong Kong. Our forces has already entered the outskirts of the city. General Higashikuni's Philippines Invading Force left Taiwan.

GqPHp.jpg

Germany invaded the unoccupied parts of France. Germany is afraid of more British landings from lthe Mediterranean like they did in Greece.

VCpXF.jpg

Mitsubishi G3M bombers spotted 3 American troopships near Saipan island. 2 of the ships were sunk and 1 of them was severely damaged.

bBcHs.jpg

2 corps landed at Djambi on Sumatra Island.

T4Cyk.jpg

In the Philippines, we landed at Baguio unopposed.

cVd1W.jpg

British garrison in Hong Kong surrendered today.

L01f4.jpg

We are landing troops at Guam. 1st Battle Fleet of Admiral Ozawa spotted and sunk 1 American troopship.

bfjFE.jpg

7th Infantry Corps landed at Kuantan.

eMU5X.jpg

Guam was captured. 1st Marine Corps are given the task of capturing Wake Island.

CPFbH.jpg

Our forces landed at Cabanatuan. General Higashikuni launched offensive against Manila. American forces led by General MacArthur is defending the city.

gqVbW.jpg

General Abe launched offensive against Taunggyi.

nuhNN.jpg

2nd Cavalry Corps captured Moulmein. 2 British-Indian Divisions were trapped in Tavoy.

DD4BU.jpg

Nice start. It looks like the Allies were unprepared for a Japanese offensive outside of Burma and India. You should be able to secure your resource situation soon and then you will have to focus on the protection of your convoy routes. We will see if and when your offensive will run out of steam. What is your strategy regarding garrison placements? Do you intend to guard every coastal and/or resource province? Or maybe you will keep several TPs nearby and react with limited number of troops when necessary?

Just finished this whole AAR; keep up the good work!

Too bad the carriers weren't there. Is there any possibility in the game to actually sink them though the event - like, is there some randomness as to which ships are sunk?

Anyway, the Allies are totally unprepared, so just maintain the initiative and advance. The video is nice - although the film as a whole is not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.