• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thx guys.

That's impressive! Are all of those provinces Sunni? You should go on a Crusade and convert all of Europe to Islam!

That's the plan.:D

I would suggest people start playing on hard with lucky nations on. I just don't see the fun in crushing everyone without a challenge.

I think everybody plays with lucky nations , not?:)

Start a game with Granada , even on normal difficulty , its almost impossible to survive. :D
(Castille likes to annex you in the first war right after the beginning)

My Bar game, Hard difficulty.
EU3_2.jpg

It seems that when Bar manages to survive the game doesn't know what to do with itself :p

It seems that when Bar manages to survive the game doesn't know what to do with itself :p

I've seen stuff like this happen.
In my previous (and first) game, I was playing Portugal and remained quite peaceful throughout most of the game (I didn't really finish it though). Allied with Castille and so my European borders remained quite constant with the exceptin of taking girona and barcelona from aragon. However, I got bored and once I was more powerful due to colonization and trading I decided to take on Castille. It was hard and required tons of mercs but I eventually did it. Surrounded toledo and took it.
You see, previously Castille got into a ton of wars against morocco (like it usually does) but morocco had gotten into wars with Georgia and got some lands in the asia. Lands Castille later took. They grew a lot on that front and when I took Toledo, they changed the capital to that region and the name "Castille appeared" there.

In another game, Genoa occupied and stole 2 of my colonies in brazil during a war but it was in a war against milan at the same time. They demended their capital (Gonoa itself) them and somehow moved into my colonies. I annexed them as soon as I could.

Here my Byz game. Put my Holland game aside as I can't them being insulted left right and center by my juniors during peace.
Got a great starting with Austria DoW o Venice in early 1400, allowing me to take back 7 Greek provinces in 10 years(DoWed on Aachen, Naxos and Corfu, Venice joined Aachen. Later for annexed the three and forced Venice to cede Athens while freeing Crete. Annexed on Crete and Cyprus later while getting Janina thorugh funded patriots.

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1494.12.7_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1494.12.7_2.jpg

Sad to see that Ming did not last too long (It was doing very well in the last 85 or so years) and that England just can't get that last province to form GB. Norway is doing well and I'm breaking up and swallowing Mameluks in the East, forcing PU in the north and VERY preoccupied handling HRE nations in the west.

Just forced PU with Lit and ended one war. However I faced a bigger problem- Aggression of Milan which brought in Hungary, Austria, Burgundy, Brandenburg and few other minor nations.

The good- Bohemia did not enter, Bavaria was allied with Lithuanian and peaced out during the Byz-Lit throne war, and Hungary peaced out when I conquered 3 pronvices before the HRE alliance steamrolled through my vassals.
The Bad- WE is piling up, currently reaching 10 and is getting out of control with more of my provinces falling under their control.

Have a look :D
2011-05-16_00001.jpg

Fought the powerful Venice navy (captured two ships and sunk 3 from attacking two detached fleets, but didn't managed to do more damage later on as no more detachment fleets are found) and later the French navy (Much larger than the Venice's fleet, totally nearly 70 ships with 40+ carracks in the initial fleet at the Cyprus war. However, they like to split up later and I managed to take in more than 15 ships, making more than half of them captured ships French's) Fought two battles with their main fleet at the end of the war, lost the first and after repairs, won the second and sunk all but 4 ships which was captured. (Their fleet average health is 25% due to lack to repairs)
Just showing some.
EU3_26.jpg

EU3_25.jpg

History log
July 11 1409
EU3_MAP_BYZ_1409.7.11_1.jpg

Hungary beat Austria and forced them to release Sytria, later beat the Ottomans and ended the Bosnia vassalage which cleared them to annex Bosnia.

May 31 1446
EU3_MAP_BYZ_1446.5.31_1.jpg

Major powers forming- Just look at Muscovy! Broken Hungary however, but they're still the emperor! Vijayanagar turn their sight to Middle East to fight Islam.

Juanary 25 1467
EU3_MAP_BYZ_1467.1.25_1.jpg

Vijayanagar taken a nice part of ME, broken Sweden, Ming with a bright future, Hungary getting back on their feet

March 1 1481
EU3_MAP_BYZ_1481.3.1_1.jpg

Sweden is officially an OPM.

130724389940.png

I am playing as Aachen, the year is 1472, and I have no friends or notable allies. I have 5 merchants in all the European COTs though. I just lost a war against France where I lost Valenciennes, and they now have the mission "Conquer Liege."

My days are numbered.

I would be using more mercenaries but they're all silly Chevauchee for some reason. :confused:

In my previous (and first) game, I was playing Portugal and remained quite peaceful throughout most of the game (I didn't really finish it though).

Same I was peaceful also but I didn't notice that Castille wasn't my ally anymore. They had a war with France and they ended up being allies which was pretty much the end for me.

Epirus in the style of Alexander the Great's Empire.
<snip>

It's... so beautiful...
How did you survive the early years?

Epirus in the style of Alexander the Great's Empire.
Epirus.jpg

Took part of China cuz Epirote Ming sounds cool
Epirus_Ming.jpg

I think I'm going to cry in admiration. :eek:o

Basically took almost 8 hours of trying to survive the first month when switched to High aggressive AI and finally got lucky. Naples got DOW'd by Aragon, Papal State and France right away and left me alone. I took Morea from Byz while they only had 2 provinces. Naples got destroyed very quickly and lost their core on me. Took advantage of the Golden Horde and Timmies attacking the Ottomans and took 2 provinces from them. Extremely tough game. Made my Bar game look like a walk in the park.

The Discordian calendar disagrees with you.

Read this:
Anno Domini - Latin for The Year Of Our Lord - used in the Gregorian Calendar to refer to the current era.

The Gregorian calender is much more widely used, and known, than the Discordian Calender, one I might add I've never heard of.