• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very good, now you can announce the vic2 exp and start DDs!

Actually, me and king had a nice talk about how we would enhance the election system in an V2 expansion after lunch today.. :)

If we do a V2 expansion, I don't think it will start until either FtM is released and/or Sengoku, as one of those teams would work on it.

"- Israel can no longer form Germany"

Ho no! What will we do now?

Actually, me and king had a nice talk about how we would enhance the election system in an V2 expansion after lunch today.. :)

If we do a V2 expansion, I don't think it will start until either FtM is released and/or Sengoku, as one of those teams would work on it.

But after one(or both is finish) THEN you guys MIGHT start on it?

- Troops no longer affect colonial progress.
If this means that there is no way to speed up colonization then I am very against this addition. I haven't seen any other modifiers on how to colonise quicker than another country.

Of course I am pretty bad at the game

Mike-kt: I must say I agree, it is only logical that troop presence would speed up colonialism - most colonies, indeed, were 'helped' by troops to found, and who-takes-first colonises removes a lot of the fun of colonialism.

If I buy you lunch can we talk about expacs for games too?

Mike-kt: I must say I agree, it is only logical that troop presence would speed up colonialism - most colonies, indeed, were 'helped' by troops to found, and who-takes-first colonises removes a lot of the fun of colonialism.

Yes, that's true. The only problem is that the AI doesn't do it itslef. Why, by the way?

If I buy you lunch can we talk about expacs for games too?

That would be a bad precedent to set. Then, all paradox employees would spend all their time eating lunches and none of their time creating games and expansions.

I am really looking forward to this patch once it gets ported to the Mac. I think last patch didn't take more than a week to get moved over, so that should give me some time to finish my current game.

If this means that there is no way to speed up colonization then I am very against this addition. I haven't seen any other modifiers on how to colonise quicker than another country.

Of course I am pretty bad at the game

I don't know of any way to speed up colonisation except with the troops, maybe administration helps because I have noticed some changes in colonisation rate when I change it but I could just be imagining it as I didn't follow it by the numbers and perhaps something else was at play anyways. I agree that it sucks to not be able to use, but I think it has to do with the AI not using troops to help itself colonise. I know its gamey but I hate to let the computer have something just because it doesn't know how to beat me, but as Russia in my last 1.2 game I colonised all of Africa that doesn't start with a colony except a couple of Sahara states and Gambia. I even beat the UK to Northern Cape (the one with Kimberly because I was hoping it would get diamonds :). I got there with the UK at 77% completion and with a couple of cavs I managed to just beat him) So I think the change has more to do with the difficulty in changes necessary to get the AI to use the troop benefit than with any problems with the benefit per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.