Win a trip for two to the “city in motion” of your choice!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea it really is, but now give me the time to make some awesome maps for the community :D

By the way, I think the winner's map should be implemented in the game too (inclusive credits). That would be a great price for the maker. :)

what about maps that come with additional content, like an addon for example. is that allowed?

The map should be your creation, so you shouldn't use any existing maps to make your own. If you are worried about the amount of work, you can always choose the smallest map size and make an awesome map there (size doesn't matter so much in this case).

I'm looking forward to seeing your maps!

You don't need so much time to make a map...
Starting from nothing (never touched the map editor), I made in 6 hours the landscape, the roads, the trains, an airport, a farm area, a small village and a buisness area on a medium size map, knowing that I spend most of my time trying to deal with landscape problem as I putted quite huge hills.
But no details are placed right now. and I still need to create the main city.

im currently making my third map ive already spent probably about 50 hours on my map with ideas, etc.. ive deleted so much coz it looked terriable. I still have loads of details and half the map to go my guesss is 80 hours or so but i have no excat time scale.

I was creating my own map and noticed this several weeks ago. I assumed that I might as well aim for this competition, but due to the size of my map and limited time to work on it, I'm beginning to doubt that it can be completed to meet competition deadline without cutting back on quality. Nevertheless, while working on it, I did make a few breakthroughs in map design so it does seem to have a similar feel to that in the Berlin or Vienna map. It's actually becoming populated and filled like Berlin, but with the Vienna-like road network making road based networks a little easier. However, it's too early in the project for me to assume how the citizens will react and route to their destinations, but I do feel quite satisfied with what I have so far. I'm going to keep on working on my map and see if I can make the deadline, but will still continue and upload if I don't.

No image spoilers - I'd rather keep this as unique as I can for the best chance at winning if it's possible. ;)

I'm going to keep on working on my map and see if I can make the deadline, but will still continue and upload if I don't.

No image spoilers - I'd rather keep this as unique as I can for the best chance at winning if it's possible. ;)

I like the attitude!

We're looking to see your ideas and maps, don't be too critical on yourselves. Even if the map doesn't feel completely finished, you can't win if you don't play :D

stupid question

This might be obvious to others, but for what game is this map to be created? I only play EU3...

Is there another paradox interactive game that has a built in map editor? What game is this?

This is Cities in Motion forum so the map you should make is a Cities in Motion map.
And as far as I know, it's not Paradox who is doing the contest but Colossal order.

ohh is everyone excited the official date ends this friday!!!

ps. i still have a bit to do, yet this map is getting way more attention then my past maps (fireview, lakeview) ((just realised they both end in view rofl)). Anywho still theres already some great maps, just hope mine has a chance:)

The map should be your creation, so you shouldn't use any existing maps to make your own. If you are worried about the amount of work, you can always choose the smallest map size and make an awesome map there (size doesn't matter so much in this case).

I'm looking forward to seeing your maps!

i was talking about content created by us. Like new flags, adds, new textures. Another example: My map has also a new achievement but that involves editing a game file. Should i include that also?

@Zarine: to make a detailed map really takes a lot of time. Trust me cause i know. Unless you make a map that all areas look all the same then it is a lot of work needed. Anyway 3 more days... too many things to finish so back to the editor :D

Last edited:
i was talking about content created by us. Like new flags, adds, new textures. Another example: My map has also a new achievement but that involves editing a game file. Should i include that also?

@Zarine: to make a detailed map really takes a lot of time. Trust me cause i know. Unless you make a map that all areas look all the same then it is a lot of work needed. Anyway 3 more days... too many things to finish so back to the editor :D

We will not edit the game file, the map should work as it is :)

I'm so excited to see more maps from you!

Maybe it's time to get my passport renewed.

You don't need so much time to make a map...
Starting from nothing (never touched the map editor), I made in 6 hours the landscape, the roads, the trains, an airport, a farm area, a small village and a buisness area on a medium size map, knowing that I spend most of my time trying to deal with landscape problem as I putted quite huge hills.
But no details are placed right now. and I still need to create the main city.

Not pointing this at your maps my friend, but I've seen a couple maps distributed already that are not the quality of the maps that ship with the game and it's pretty easy to tell when somebody doesn't spend a lot of time on their maps. To me it's all about the details, seeing the signs around town, roads that offer a challenge to the player, and of course as you mentioned... The landscape.

I dunno, I've been working on one map for way more hours than I care to admit, and it's only a fraction done and still needs a lot o' lot o' lot of work still. I'm probably into it already for about 30 hours and it's nowhere near complete, just a fraction like 1/64th.

However you probably work a lot faster than I do. Good luck, wish you well if you enter.

Keep in mind that I said I didn't have any details. Add to that the fact that I'm going crazy about the fact that I wanted a landscape with some hills and so that makes placing any building a nightmare (but I didn't know so much about it the first time I wrote).

I don't have enough free time to make it in time for the contest as each step gets harder and harder with the landscape as I enter the area where it's quite steep. I still didn't spend so much time on it but it still miss a lot of things... sadly.
I know that there is lots of details to add that can take a lot of time.