King Arthur - Rightheous Christian Very Hard Playthrough

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Winter hero upgrades done, development of disaster prevention almost complete. More knight boosting buildings are being constructed. The Kingdom of West Mercia is down to their last army.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Not much of a threat. I realized an army with less hero is less of a threat and easier to beat.

07.jpg

It's a very straightforward map.

08.jpg

I was planning to flank with the light cavalry by hiding them on the left forest, but the opportunity was never taken, because I was too busy micro-ing. It's going to be a very direct attack.

09.jpg

Sensing the enemy's desire to push south after capping 2 VPs I send the Cavalry to sweep a line, covering the archers, while I exchange fire with Hold spells backup to lessen active archers on the enemy side.

10.jpg

The giants and heavy cavalry will provide the melee punch.

11.jpg

The enemy persisted, and maneuvered their knights through the left flank. I send 3 columns of sentinel to stop the charge.

12.jpg

Sniped ambushing archers in between with Curse of Shadows.

13.jpg

The sentinels fail to stop the charge, sustaining heavy casualty, luckily Sir Mark successfully intercepted the second knights charge. We just have to dance our archers a bit.

14.jpg

We stopped their infantry march with a shield wall sentinel.

15.jpg

Barrage of arrows to drop the marauding knights.

16.jpg

With that settled, we just have to mow down the rest with brute force.

17.jpg

19.jpg

Our land grows and the search for the missing hermit is on.

Nice updates, thanks again for the good read.
Just a few added points :
- You can recruit Dagonet as a rightful christian if you give the "rightful" answer (instead of the christian one). Of course, it depends on the way you want to roleplay the playthrough :)
- You don't really need a map to solve the labyrinth : the red clues are always right, while the black clues are always false (or maybe the other way around, I don't remember), knowing this, what direction to take is pretty straightforward.

The performance of the Sentinels left much to be desired, previous battle indicates that they are really poor when facing a cavalry charge, and I start to think of what unit to replace them with, before the archers pay a higher price.

But first we have a hermit to rescue.

kay.jpg
There, I see it. A crystal tower at a distance.

mark.jpg
Best if I go in alone. We wouldn't want to attract too much attention.

kay.jpg
Stay safe.

20.jpg

mark.jpg
I should investigate the Tower first.

28.jpg

Sir Mark quickly hides.

29.jpg

30.jpg

mark.jpg
I'm not going to get in without one. I'll investigate that black dome.

31.jpg

Spotting him alone, Sir Mark dispatched him quickly in combat.

32.jpg

With the amulet in hand, Sir Mark proceeds into the tower.

33.jpg

Sir Mark ponders if he could actually succeed in interrogating one of the occupants, but realized it's not one of his strongest skill.

34.jpg

Sir Mark descends deeper into the tower.

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Sir Mark quickly makes his escape and rejoined his army.

mark.jpg
We need to return to Cornwall quickly, our kingdom is in danger!

gar.jpg
What are they planning?

Sir Mark shares what he knows.

kay.jpg
Merlin owes us a lot of answers. To Cornwall!

41.jpg

As Sir Kay's army rushes to Cornwall, Camelot is busy building and developing itself.

02.jpg

Tower of Knightly Deeds is a crucial upgrade, even its sub-upgrades are effective. The total benefits of the tower when fully upgraded are:
+1 Skill points to all Knights
+1 Ability points to all Knights
+10% Battle Experience
+5% Adventure Experience
Chance for a lady in waiting to join you per year

03.jpg

Master Longbowman upgrade is almost finished, I'm going to queue Roads next to speed up our army.

04.jpg

And so we're here.

05.jpg

Just in time, too.

Last edited:
06.jpg

07.jpg

I really wonder why Merlin never even established contact with Arthur after all this time. The story made it quite clear that he sided with Old Faith, but I honestly thought he'd play the part as an advisor.

08.jpg

Seeking aid is recommended, or diving straight to negotiations. There's no penalty for going to seek aid first. If you fail in securing any help, you can still negotiate with the Unseelie.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

More of those touched by the great Excalibur's release, no doubt.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Small price to pay.

17.jpg

kay.jpg
I need specifics. This island's whereabouts is not known to me, perhaps the villagers know more.

18.jpg

19.jpg

I find it ridiculous that the villagers would squeeze every last bit of resources from an army trying to defend them, but I'm going rightful, so we accede to their request.

20.jpg

Time to go!

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

kay.jpg
No. I serve no one but my King and God. You are neither. Your price is too high. We'll stand alone.

This is a purely Role-playing Choice. You should accept this offer it's very profitable, especially if your hero has high Adventure skill.

25.jpg

Not much choice. We have to check with the hermit.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

This is much more acceptable. Cornwall's income is not much. Let him have it.

29.jpg

kay.jpg
Let us speak with our adversary first.

30.jpg

kay.jpg
There is nothing to negotiate. I will not let you carry even a handful of dirt from our lands, demon-spawns. In the name of God, we shall defeat you and the glory of Heavens will elude you in the afterlife!

31.jpg

Sir Kay closes his eyes and prayed.

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.

Show the wonder of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings

from the wicked who assail me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.

They close up their callous hearts,
and their mouths speak with arrogance.

They have tracked me down, they now surround me,
with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.

They are like a lion hungry for prey,
like a great lion crouching in cover.

Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down;
rescue me from the wicked by your sword.

-Psalm 17:6-13

kay.jpg
Amen.

He turned to his army and showed his fist.

With a great shout hundreds of fists rose. The Battle of Cornwall begins.

01.jpg

Picking that hermit pays off handsomely. To be honest, you should take both options. This battle is extremely easy and the hero gets free EXP after 2 years of servitude. The Child option reduces their number a bit, but there's not much threat here, as long as you keep their archers down quickly..

02.jpg

The lighting of the map bugs me, its greenish tint irritates my eyes, but to the game it's clear sky and no penalties to the archers.

03.jpg

Since there's no VP. I decide to duke it out in the open. They have the advantage if they take us in the woods.

04.jpg

Winterbreeds are Sidhe Heavy Infantry that does not get penalty from fighting in the forest.

05.jpg

Unseelie Warriors are mini-giants and are well-matched against giants.

06.jpg

Cavalry units take positions up north. We're ready.

07.jpg

Cutting down their archers is key, use Hold spells to shut down 2. Cloud of arrows to focus fire one quickly while the horses charge in the open.

08.jpg

They can't counter this well, because they lack spear infantry. If you ask me why I didn't need spears in Old Faith playthrough, it's because with Sidhe Roads teleporting into archers face, there's no chance of cavalry gaining momentum to trample. Sidhe armies lack speed option if they don't possess teleportation skill.

09.jpg

The Autumnbreed never stood a chance against our Knights' charge.

10.jpg

Divided, and crushed in the open, it's a simple matter of slicing them to pieces.

11.jpg

Piece of cake. I can't believe I didn't fight them in my Old Faith Playthrough. :lol:

12.jpg

brofist.png

13.jpg

We've got a good two piece artifacts as well.

The red vial is quite powerful.
+1000 HP
+2000 HP (Unlockable after battles)
+4000 HP (Unlockable after battles)

The ring is Mana booster artifact.
+10 Mana
+10 Mana (Unlockable after battles)
+20 Mana (Unlockable after battles)

That felt good. Now all that is left is to deal with Sir Caradoc...and trigger the Ultimate Crusades.

With the defeat of the Unseelie army, the realm enjoys a slight respite from conflicts and Sir Kay returns to Camelot. Brief celebrations were held in Cornwall before they depart with cheers from the populace, their armors shone under the sun.

king.jpg
I've heard the news, Unseelie army destroyed, well done, my knights. All of you deserve a brief respite. But I fear darker designs are at work in the realm. Reports of missing children from the Village of World's End worries me.

kay.jpg
Kidnapping children? Who would do such a thing?

mark.jpg
We must get to the bottom of this at once!

01.jpg

mark.jpg
Captain, report the results of your investigation.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Since the girl escaped from the kidnappers, she must know something.

07.jpg

08.jpg

This is a very big clue.

09.jpg

Let's ask the old lady for any clues.

10.jpg

mark.jpg
I see. No need for subtlety, then.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

mark.jpg
Zounds! What could the combination be? Wait. The little girl mentioned 'Red. Hawk. Lily'. It must be...

The three combination is Ruby - Bird - Flower.

16.jpg

mark.jpg
A secret entrance for the kidnappers!

17.jpg

mark.jpg
Best to wait till they succumb to the spirits.

18.jpg

mark.jpg
Where is the children? Talk and I'll spare your life!

19.jpg

mark.jpg
Druids?!

20.jpg

mark.jpg
You will be tried in court and justice will be meted.

21.jpg

01.jpg

mark.jpg
Where could they be hiding?

03.jpg

04.jpg

Maybe the locals know more.

05.jpg

06.jpg

mark.jpg
There is a circle of stone nearby, do you know where are the druids who inhabit it?

07.jpg

mark.jpg
I'm on a trail of the missing children from the village of World's End. Have you seen any in the area?

08.jpg

Time to head out to the forest.

09.jpg

Best not to bring a whole army into a swamp. Some might now survive.

10.jpg

mark.jpg
Come out of the house! I wish to speak!

11.jpg

12.jpg

mark.jpg
I have no quarrel with you, I am only seeking the missing children.

13.jpg

mark.jpg
Surrender one of my men? Ridiculous! You are in league with the druids themselves, evil witch!

14.jpg

15.jpg

The innkeeper set us up. If your magic or fight rating is too low and decide to challenge the witch, she will curse your hero for several turns, dropping all his statistics to ZERO !

16.jpg

17.jpg

mark.jpg
Very well, but lie to me again, and you will pay the price.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

mark.jpg
You've undermined your own race and stole our children in your foolish pursuit of petty favors from false gods. Tell us where the children are now, or I shall unleash God's wrath upon you!

21.jpg

kay.jpg
And they are within King Ryon's territory?

mark.jpg
Yes, we have no open border treaty. Trespassing will lead to war with the Wales.

aly.jpg
Before doing that, I recommend we establish an alliance with the Saxons, I've heard their King is seeking help to track down his missing heir.

To accomplish this, Sir Kay would need to perform Wrath of Sir Caradoc quest, to rescue a Saxon noble.

Taking the hermit option during the Visions quest will grant you another sage hero, Leodegrance.

22.jpg

Strange skill picks. Mana burn isn't bad, but not great. In Very Hard it might be worthwhile to burn half mana, but the rest of his skill picks like Enfeeble (lowers enemy hero HP%) is not that great. However, he has access to Hold spell. Might be worthwhile to build him up as backup sage.

23.jpg

More upgrades at Camelot during winter. We're boosting our research speed and build a forge to cut recruiting costs.

24.jpg

Sir Kay finally completes his Masterful Strategies - At rank 4 it automatically replaces 20% of each unit casualty rate after every combat.

25.jpg

Our level 10 Master Longbowman will get Swift Arrow, a short duration skill that improves their attack rate by 50%.

26.jpg

Sir Alymere boosts his armor of faith.

27.jpg

Leo joins the rest at the study center for Knights.

01.jpg

The Wolflord is just one of those challenge battles that appear from time to time. Usually they give penalties to the province they're in, whether it's population reduction per turn or less income. They may go away eventually on their own, but it's best to deal with them when you can to avoid losing the province's productivity.

02.jpg

Considering how mobile his army is, it's not possible to capture a single VP. Why?

03.jpg

Because every single unit is needed to form the archer's shield wall.

04.jpg

Will it hold?

05.jpg

First arrival gets stopped by King Mark. We're doing great, as I predicted, their charge is stopped cold by another horseback unit.

06.jpg

However, these wargs have high level sprint skill, making flanking extremely easy.

07.jpg

Well, if you think that's bad...

08.jpg

The Wolflord is pretty bad ass with Cleave and Lifedrain, another reason why Champions can be quite a monster on their own.

09.jpg

Hold spell can be used to save units. While the archers focus on one side first.

10.jpg

Sir Gareth can't match the Wolflord in melee, we disengage, hoping the archers would finish him off.

11.jpg

Bad mistake. He charges in alone at the archer.

12.jpg

Ridiculously fast, since any hero that lead the unit, gains that unit speed; so in this case, the Wolflord gains warg-speed but retains his Champion attack power. He trampled many as the arrows rained on him WHILE ON FOOT. (RIDICULOUS!)

13.jpg

He even circled for another charge.

14.jpg

And broke past my sentinels! Grrr!

15.jpg

DIE ! YOU MONSTER!

16.jpg

17.jpg

The Reward is pretty decent. +2 Lead +2 Magic. The unlockable trait is +1 opponent attack is like a free cleave. It'll take 10 hero kills before it'll unlock. I give it to Sir Alymere.

18.jpg

Rescuing Sir Percivale will prove troublesome, he is located within King Cynric's territory. We have no open borders, and have to declare war over a knight, I decided to ignore it for now.

19.jpg

Winter time, I go for Scouts to view neighboring territories, crossbowmen as prequisite to wagon camps, which improves army movement speed.

At long last, West Mercia...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

kay.jpg
Let's see what they're up to.

04.jpg

kay.jpg
A follower of the Old Faith? Explain yourself!

05.jpg

kay.jpg
How do you know about all this?

06.jpg

kay.jpg
I see, and how will I profit from this alliance?

07.jpg

kay.jpg
Let us bring this scoundrel to justice!

08.jpg

kay.jpg
Search the houses, there must be survivors.

09.jpg

kay.jpg
Have no fear, we are here to do good.

10.jpg

kay.jpg
They will pay for what they have done!

11.jpg

kay.jpg
Lay down your arms, and your lives will be spared!

12.jpg

kay.jpg
Why are they heading towards the forest?

13.jpg

kay.jpg
There's no time to lose!

14.jpg

kay.jpg
We seek no parlay with the likes of you, attack!

15.jpg

Notice the two empty unit slots on the enemy's army? That's what happens if you agree to join up with Ferresh. You can do the reverse, capture Ferresh and Caradoc will release the Saxon King's heir. Or, you can duel him and let him go with no battle.

16.jpg

kay.jpg
Foul weather.

aly.jpg
The archers will have difficulty, but I trust Sir Gareth's Dragon's Eye will give us an edge.

gar.jpg
Count on it!

17.jpg

No problems. We can capture the two VPs to the south and work on the third slowly.

18.jpg

There's a nice position to setup just behind a cliff. I park my archers while the cavalry gets in position.

19.jpg

Sometimes the enemy might do something stupid and make a rush for VP, a good placed Hold spell dooms the Knight. Our archers mowed them down.

20.jpg

Sir Caradoc forces replied with a cavalry charge, this is where our horseback knights perform best to counter charges with speed.

21.jpg

Archers are safe. We begin the melee.

22.jpg

They fold almost immediately.

23.jpg

Knowing that there is very little option but to attack, the enemy marches their infantry forward. I respond by regrouping my knights for another charge while the archers pepper them.

24.jpg

Annihilated.

25.jpg

All they got are archers now. In this weather, they can't do jack. We pull back after capping the third VP to let their morale drop to zero and claim a victory.

26.jpg

27.jpg

The quest text mention Sir Aelfred. But what we got is...

28.jpg

Sir Tegyr. :lol: Yet another Champion with Dispel..hmm...I don't know how good this skills is. Anyone can explain? As far as I remember this skill disables ALL spell casting, friend and foe alike during its duration. A double edged sword.

29.jpg

A new, somewhat underused spear unit. Huscarls has good HP, armor piercing and trample resistance but I decide to look for other options as Anti-Cavalry unit.

30.jpg

This is unavoidable. The Wrath of Caradoc puts you at war almost immediately with Wales. Better hope you're prepared, it's going to be a long war.

31.jpg

The deepening faith in Christianity allows us to recruit Royal Guards.

32.jpg

Defeating Sir Caradoc in battle gives you this cursed artifact. At 100% mana cost added it's double spell point consumption! A high price to pay. Is it worth it? Well, I don't know.

It takes 20 cast of Dragon spells to remove the 100% penalty (Dragon Eye or Dragon's Breath or Dragon Strike)
10% Increased damage takes 30 casts of Dragon spells.
-30% Mana cost for Dragon Spells will take 40 casts.

I really am not sure if I should be using it.

Camelot

king.jpg
You've performed exceptionally well, my knights, but our work is just beginning. The mighty kingdom of Wales eyes our borders.

kay.jpg
Let the heathens come, we will be ready.

aly.jpg
Aye, we'll show them the errors of their ways.

mark.jpg
What of the Saxons? They've sent an invitation to one of our knights.

33.jpg

king.jpg
I would like to decline this invitation until the war with Wales is settled.

kay.jpg
A wise decision.

gar.jpg
Rumors of child kidnapping broke out in East Mercia.

34.jpg

kay.jpg
No doubt those heathens are involved again. We cannot interfere now, East Mercia is no longer allied with us. We have our own wars to fight.

gar.jpg
Very well.

king.jpg
What is your next move, Sir Kay?

kay.jpg
The Wales army is massive, backed with sorcery. I have no doubt they will make the first move.

A guard rushes into the throne room and shouted, 'The Welsh army is attacking! Camelot is in danger!'

35.jpg

aly.jpg
Your predictions are always spot-on, Commander.

kay.jpg
Come, Brothers! To arms!

36.jpg

The Wales Crusade has begun.

Red Dragon Orb is worth it. In my experience, it doesn't take that long to get a usable item (use a sage with lots of mana/mana regen and cooldown reduction, like a properly equipped Percivale). Note that the 100% penalty actually speed up the mana expenditures needed to lift the curse.

Dispel is indeed a double edged sword, and it prevents you and your enemy from using every active hero skill (including cleave, etc ...). It might be useful when facing a dangerous hero-heavy army with a "secondary" army stack, but in this game, you often seek to get a hero/magic qualitative and quantitative advantage, so ... On the other hand, soul mirror is a fantastic spell, but it is rare and mostly used by old faith heroes (as a christian, you'll get Pelleas quite late in the game).

Excellent read, I'm subscribed :)

If you recall in the Old Faith playthrough, the Saxons army consist mostly of heavy cavalry and support magic heroes. Those are hard to deal with if you don't possess strong magics...but what of the Welsh?

Well, let me explain.

35.jpg

Deceptively weak, the Wales army power does not lie with their standard units. Welsh units like archers and infantry possess innate magic resistance and good offense, although the archers are kinda low on the HP side. The rest are just standard issue, except for the rare Sidhe infantry somewhere.

01.jpg

I ponder my options since they only have a few cavalry while their ranged firepower is strong.

02.jpg

And the pathway out of the stronghold is narrow and slow.

03.jpg

The enemy makes the first move as they rushed into the town with their two heroes.

04.jpg

This is the true strength of the Welsh army. Double Curse of Shadow. I tried to cast anti-magic and spell resistance. One archer unit was wiped out in seconds. It was then I realized that this stronghold is ironically a death trap for us.

05.jpg

They made a move towards the left VP. Our Champions charge forward to recapture it.

06.jpg

Wary of further Curse spams, I still insist on placing classic archer bottleneck as we establish 2 VP advantage.

07.jpg

Thankfully they did not cast anymore curses towards our archers.

08.jpg

With their main spellcasters neutralized, they cannot advance safely and the AI broke down.

09.jpg

But what if there's 4 hero-stack army? Will we be able to cope? No. We won't. But I was still ignorant. Thinking my Royal guards are strong, when it's the total opposite. They're completely worthless in Stronghold defense. We'll see more of that in the future.

For now...

10.jpg

We deepen our faiths in Christianity and Rightfulness.

11.jpg

Currently, our Kingdom finances is in tatters. Better not lose a lot of troops.

aly.jpg
What's the plan, Commander?

kay.jpg
March out of Camelot, rescue the missing children. Then, we strike at their capital.

gar.jpg
What about Camelot, there's at least three armies of Wales out there.

kay.jpg
We are severely outnumbered and their magic is strong. I want to whittle them down, but staying in Camelot is a death wish. Our armies cannot move freely within the walls.

mark.jpg
I agree. Let us go.

01.jpg

02.jpg

I was thinking of going for full knights upgrade. But when I look back, it was a really foolish decision.

But first, let's rescue the children.

03.jpg

We'll probably need directions.

04.jpg

A guy who doesn't read will probably want to skip the lore text from the first choice, but honestly, if you did not do this, I think the Test of Knowledge option will not open, lessening the choice of resolutions to this quest.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

The 2nd non violent solution!

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

There we go.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

:hmmm: Wielding twin blades while asking questions...I wonder.

15.jpg

Ah. Standard logic question. Diamond.

16.jpg

17.jpg

This is actually mentioned in one of the cinematic or the lore text of earlier quests.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Dana.

20.jpg

With the children safely returned to their homes, the army morale improves as we take on the first army of Wales in their own territory!

21.jpg

01.jpg

Three VPs. With plenty of forests in between. We'll need to grab 2 VP and force the enemy to attack us.

02.jpg

The AI is competent, but takes unnecessary risk at times, like peeling off his horseback hero from his army.

03.jpg

And they didn't seem interested in capping 2 VPs.

04.jpg

A classic Curse bombing tactic. King Arthur Wargame has a good mix of strategy, but is often ruined by magic. Nothing like losing a few dozen men to one casting of spells.

05.jpg

He'll pay for it dearly. We cast hold and prevented him from escaping.

06.jpg

His friends attempted to cast Fog of Avalon, but with Dragon's Eye, he cannot escape our wrath.

07.jpg

Good start. I'm already flanking his VP.

08.jpg

With Fog in effect, our archers can hit further than theirs.

09.jpg

Let's take the initiative with Curses and arrows!

10.jpg

Our fun was short-lived after the Dragon's Eye wore off.

11.jpg

The enemy decides to make a move for our VP. We let him do so, since we have 3 VP to spare.

12.jpg

Sensing his morale slipping, the enemy decides to march his entire army to the western VP, leaving their only VP undefended.

13.jpg

They moved pretty quick, and I decide to start a little skirmish, using the forests as cover. The plan was to rain arrows on their archers, and retreat to re-capture the VP.

14.jpg

But I reconsidered, and decided to march the Royal Guards onwards to settle the fight in the open. Their army is in the open, we have the slight advantage.

15.jpg

This should finish him off.

16.jpg

A final flank to settle matters.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Nice loot and artifact to bolster our army.

The garrison of the Norgales Stronghold is weak. We will capitalize by abandoning Camelot and attack it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Within the cramped spaces of the stronghold, Neocore's AI cannot really hope to maneuver out of harm's way. Especially with high arrow damage and area effect spells like Curse of Shadows.

Defensively, they're pretty much weakened when playing in Stronghold map.

04.jpg

Predictably they will follow this path.

05.jpg

And that is where the most deaths will happen.

06.jpg

That doesn't mean they cannot throw their own Curse. We suffer heavy casualties.

07.jpg

Once their archers get in range of ours, I quickly activate the Fog of Avalon and Dragon's Eye.

08.jpg

Time to wrap this up with a cavalry flanking charge.

09.jpg

Burn!

10.jpg

The survivors get held and mowed down.

11.jpg

This is the most painful act they can do. Curses.

12.jpg

I attempted to lower the casualties by retreating to the city outer limits as their morale bar ticks down. But they still unleashed another Curse of Shadows. Grr.

13.jpg

It's a good thing Sir Kay's Masterful Strategies can cut down casualties. It could have been worse.

14.jpg

The victory rewards us with a wonderful pair of magic boots. This one increases army movement by 10! This will allow us to move our army further in the campaign map!

15.jpg

Predictably, the AI proceed to capture the undefended Camelot.

16.jpg

Winter falls as we replenish our losses and prepare to march back to Camelot.

aly.jpg
Commander, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

kay.jpg
Go ahead, Sir Alymere.

aly.jpg
The province of West Mercia has revolted.

01.jpg

mark.jpg
Dire news indeed. If nothing is done to appease them...the province will rebel.

gar.jpg
There's no other standing army than us. The rest of the knights will not be able to assist.

aly.jpg
We might be able to appease them.

kay.jpg
With what, Sir Alymere? Potatoes? Our kingdom's coffers are nearly empty from the crusade against Wales. Camelot is under their control and we're stuck here in behind the enemy lands. It'll take at least half a year to march towards West Mercia.

mark.jpg
We'll never make it in time.

aly.jpg
Then it is lost?

kay.jpg
Leave it. All is not lost. We need to retake Camelot quickly, whittle down King Ryon's forces one by one. We also have another reason to retake Camelot. This letter from the Saxon bishops came today, have you seen it?

02.jpg

03.jpg

aly.jpg
I don't think that will help our cause much.

kay.jpg
Would you rather have the Saxons declare war on us?

mark.jpg
The Commander is right. We have no choice.

kay.jpg
Get the men ready during the winter, we return to Camelot next summer.

04.jpg

05.jpg

So many archers in the defense. Let's hope the AI falters, somehow.

The two Curse of Shadows proved to be the turning point in this battle.

06.jpg

As their forces make the sharp turn in the tight alleys of the city quarters, the Curse of Shadows takes as many victims as possible, mostly their archers.

07.jpg

Their melee spearhead awaits death at the tip of our arrows.

08.jpg

And our cavalry finishes the rest.

09.jpg

As the giants pummel them to oblivion, a fog was summoned to ensure their archers cannot retaliate.

10.jpg

11.jpg

aly.jpg
It was a flawless victory, Commander.

kay.jpg
Do not be so quick to congratulate me.

gar.jpg
I can take the credit for the Curse of Shadows, heh.

mark.jpg
I think he meant something else.

kay.jpg
The army of Wales is massive, expect a counter attack, very soon.

And they did come.
12.jpg

13.jpg

We're doomed. Even before we can even deploy our forces, they have already unleashed multiple curse of shadows on us. We're taking heavy casualties as we march out in the tight streets of Camelot.

14.jpg

Thankfully, our faster cavalry managed to sneak into the third VP with the enemy heavy knights in hot pursuit.

15.jpg

But they got too close and prevented us from completing the capture. A significant setback!

16.jpg

The constant Curse of Shadows against our archers are starting to take its toll.

17.jpg

Sir Kay's unit was hit by a TRIPLE Curse of Shadow before they could open fire! What's worse, the enemy knights charges towards his position!

18.jpg

A quick 'Hold' magic prevented a disaster...but did Sir Kay's unit survive?

19.jpg

gar.jpg
Commander?!

There were no archers left...only Sir Kay standing with his shield raised. Lifeless bodies of his archers lay on the streets.

kay.jpg
Counter-attack! NOW!

Those were his last orders before a hail of a hundred arrows from the Welsh bowmen did him in.

20.jpg

mark.jpg
Commander!

aly.jpg
This is no time to hesitate! CHARGE!

21.jpg

Without archers...it's a do or die maneuver!

22.jpg

Three enemy archer columns lined up perfectly on the streets. Raining arrows on Sir Mark and Alymere's unit!

mark.jpg
YARRRRGHHHHHHHH!!

23.jpg

None of the archers survived the charge.

24.jpg

The battle became a brawl as two forces traded blows. The knights, drained of momentum fought a desperate battle. All tricks are out of the bag...but the morale loss from the final charge and VP control began to take its toll on the enemy's army.

25.jpg

gar.jpg
Commander!

kay.jpg
I .... how did we do?

mark.jpg
We were victorious.

kay.jpg
No....too many deaths..

aly.jpg
Take him to a healer!

kay.jpg
No! There is no time!

26.jpg

The commander rose from the ground to the cheers of his army, but they were immediately silenced by a wave of his hand.

kay.jpg
Can you hear it? A second wave coming.

27.jpg

aly.jpg
Lord's Mercy!

gar.jpg
We're in for it now...