• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't know how he did it to be honest, and have broached the topic recently. He said it has been so long that he does not remember what happened. I always assumed it was a coup or something. Would explain the government shift to the right though, as I found he had post-war.

How did I lose the provinces in France when he switched? I think that is due to a bug that deals with province handling - they were unoccupied and I think that is part of the cause. Really hurt because that meant I had to retake them. In hindsight we probably should have stopped the game there and modded them back to me, but at the time it seemed quicker just to reoccupy them.

It should have been - I applied the mod normally.

4 years since the first post and first update went up! Not sure if Firestorm still reads anything on here or has even been on in recent months, but this 4 year anniversary still demands mentioning if only because this was many people's (including mine) favorite AAR at the time, and in fact of all time.

4 years!

It was great. I think works still going on on the mod but I'm not sure.

4 years since the first post and first update went up! Not sure if Firestorm still reads anything on here or has even been on in recent months, but this 4 year anniversary still demands mentioning if only because this was many people's (including mine) favorite AAR at the time, and in fact of all time.

4 years!

Surprise! And thanks :)

I'm still around, and just happened by fluke to stop by this thread. First time on PI forums in a few months as well....

Edit: Who would be opposed to me continuing the AAR instead of working on the mod.... :)

Last edited:
Surprise! And thanks :)

I'm still around, and just happened by fluke to stop by this thread. First time on PI forums in a few months as well....

Edit: Who would be opposed to me continuing the AAR instead of working on the mod.... :)

Not me! I mean I know you will make a good mod and all, but I really love the feel of this AAR. I hope you can continue you this AAR I want to know what will happen in this unstable world this AAR is set in. I’m sure it will be very powerful stuff.

Try to do both. Play the mod AND continue the AAR. This dystopian AAR is so pleasing.

Since I won't play the mod (no offense but i am notoriously bad at getting mods to work no matter what I try) I am biased towards you continuing this AAR, although I would pick that even if I could play the mod. Really, do whatever you find more pleasing and satisfying.

The mods looking seriously good considering how big a project it is and your doing it almost by yourself. Maybe you could give us an update once every two weeks or so?

Thanks everyone!

I went to continue, only to get bogged down in real life again. DAMMIT LIFE. I did get part-way into a game though, but I need to replay a bit of 'already passed' game, as the original save I used is incompatible. Guess that happens when you take time off, eh?
That patch coming required a major piece, but I don't know where our even writer went. It hinges on fixing a bunch of loops embedded in our event structure.

Thanks everyone!

I went to continue, only to get bogged down in real life again. DAMMIT LIFE. I did get part-way into a game though, but I need to replay a bit of 'already passed' game, as the original save I used is incompatible. Guess that happens when you take time off, eh?
That patch coming required a major piece, but I don't know where our even writer went. It hinges on fixing a bunch of loops embedded in our event structure.

What is the final patch about, and can you find a stand-in or someone else to join your mod team?

Chuck Norris died the day the first bomb fell. Samuel L. Jackson was shot sitting in his Korean trench. Sylvester Stallone's father was put into hard labor in Germany and eventually died of malnutrition.

In the Grim Dark 1960's there is only war...

FOR THE DEMOCRACY!

Also Re:mod, Firestorm, resend me the forum link.

Question: Was this played on Very Hard? What were the settings?

I am still amazed at how AI Germany-slash-Skynet defeated two human players... :eek: :D

EDIT: Sorry, just read on the first post that the game is on Hard.

But still - could someone please explain to me how Germany defeated a human-controlled US and UK?

My god this is depressing. Fuck I thought the rebirth of the Japanese empire was a sad AAR(for us 'Muricans) but this is just horrific. Hope your able to finish this sometime!

Last edited:
My god this is depressing. Fuck I thought the rebirth of the Japanese empire was a sad AAR(for us 'Muricans) but this is just horrific. Hope your able to finish this sometime!

Well there's still the EU, and it seems that the Middle East will slowly be moderate too as the younger generation rise to displace the Fundamentalists.