• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you planning on updating anytime soon? cuz i really loved this AAR :)
EDIT: gosh 4000th reply! W00t

how was the ai able to maul u guys?

u just had arma 1.2 with DAIM?

EDIT: im pretty sure in DAIM only the american ai uses nukes and i doubt it would be smart enuff to save them all for 1 massive annihilation of britain. im calling bullshit. theres a german player at least part (but still a significant) amount of the time

Last edited:
how was the ai able to maul u guys?

u just had arma 1.2 with DAIM?

EDIT: im pretty sure in DAIM only the american ai uses nukes and i doubt it would be smart enuff to save them all for 1 massive annihilation of britain. im calling bullshit. theres a german player at least part (but still a significant) amount of the time

Well They -could- switch to Germany, arm planes with nukes, send them over UK / US and switch back to their countries, to continue the AAR and suddenly get nuked by the AI. Nothing wrong with that, I tend to aid the AI during my plays aswell.

On Topic : Up till the UK coup, THE best AAR i've ever read.

no. its a lie then. the nukes MAY hav simply been the lack of rockets and bombers BUT the UK surrendering is very speculative

I was just taking a guess, better wait for Firestorm to confirm / deny anything. Lie or not, it was very nice to see someone continue after getting nuked into stone age. With 90 dissent, next-to-0 IC (for UK), 0 manpower for US and 500 german div's they (well HE - Fire) did extremely well.

Although i must confess, after UK switched i've lost most of the interest. Still had to pop by and give kudos to Fire.

i was interested in seeing the american retreat to spain and seeing if somehow they could create a permanent defensive line at the pyrennes. after that it got boring.

ive experienced that bug where armies just disappear. i usually dont reload but, since its a bug, i make an exception

My theory on the German nukes is that they did not have the capacity to use them. I think it was an AI bug (they researched the ability to nuke, but not the proper delivery devices). As for the surrender, I have no idea how he was able to peace individually. Germany does not do 'peace'. I was tempted to revert back a save because it gave a bunch of territory I held in France to the enemy. The final peace treaty was an event though - I could not find a way to do it within the bounds of the game.

I think the AI in my game was a combination of two AIs, with DAIM installed first and something overtop of it, rewriting some files. That copy of Doomsday had been lying on my hard drive for a very long time.

I could not gain enough organization by the time I hit the Pyrenees - by then the tide had turned significantly in their favour. My troops were demoralized, disorganized, and under-equipped. Coupled with a renewed attack campaign on my supply lines - it was almost impossible to recover.

I do plan to eventually continue the AAR, but between the mod and my civil engineering program, I just have not had the time to play.

Edit: 4000th post: I cannot thank you guys enough for your support throughout the game - the AAR is nothing without the readers!

heres the concerns id like to raise regarding the validity of ur AAR. ps: i would like to emulate ur game to an extent in my next usa game so no hard feelings?

1. how did cool lose britain in 41 to the germans? seems odd a human UK would be overrun

2. how did germany win in russia?

3. im pretty sure only USA researches nukes in DAIM

4. how did all the french territory go back to german control when britain turned?

5. how did britain turn...where they couped? (my theory)

im not trying to slam ur AAR, im really just curious.

0. Spellcheck is your friend.

1. The same way I lost the UK to Germany once, a combination of bad luck and insufficient beach defences.

2. IIRC the German AI took Moscow by chance (happened rarely but was possible in DAIM) and DAIM or not, the Soviet AI cant deal with that.

3. Nope. I saw the UK, Germany and once also the SU do it as AI.

4. IIRC they were pushed back before the UK switched.

5. The Player playing them decided he wanted to?

im not sure u get it. the british player woulda had to mod in events as the major power ai never gives in to sue for peace (much less offers them which woulda had to happen considering the UK was puppeted). im still suprised tho that cool wasnt able to muster any forces in scotland. i think he gave it up

For Heavens Sake, yes! Yes, yes, yes!

Sorry, but I had to. It's really annoying to read such posts when you know the writers first language is english.

It's annoying enough when you know it isn't. I mean my English teacher would have (figuratively) slapped me silly if I had talked like that in class.

heres the concerns id like to raise regarding the validity of ur AAR. ps: i would like to emulate ur game to an extent in my next usa game so no hard feelings?
2. how did germany win in russia?

5. how did britain turn...where they couped? (my theory)

2. Germany won with USSR in my playthrough in just half a year (DAIM), now (1943) having 660 div's and 90 armored. In my case It's not only possible, but common. They use their tech, speed and leader advantage well.
But i've never seen the AI, even DAIM or RISK, land in UK before. They tend to :
a) Not build any transports
b) Lose every single transport to RN
c) Not know where UK is.

5. Well you still have to accept new alliance even when couped. Players choice.

Just my 0,02$ :)

I actually have seen the German AI land in the UK more than once, especially on the higher difficulty levels.

ive seen the UK sealioned too. its not the fact that the UK was sealioned that raises my concern but the fact that the british army in UK was defeated. i woulda expected a human to be able to at least hold them at scotland (for the record, ive destroyed sea lions with 20 canadian divisions before. its rly not that hard, esp if ur UK and got the fleet)

seriously, wut mechanism caused britain to turn. maybe the player wanted to but BECAUSE GERMANY IS AXIS (major alliance), YOU CANT SUE FOR PEACE NOR WOULD GERMANY SUE FOR PEACE

Cool could have written an event for himself. IIRC those don't change the checksum and can therefore be used in MP.