• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ryukyu has the 4th largest income and army in the world! :D You don't see THAT every day!

Do you even need to wory with BB anymore? I think you could take on the rest of Europe as it is; although with that CHEESEy Oirat mission, BB is so easy to manage that you might as well keep it under the limit :)

FEEDBACK

[size=-2]...just for the Waltz Tango Foxtrot value...[/size]

*dons Confucius Cosplay outfit*
*ballerina-tippietoes to the left side of the stage*
*picks up Ganesha-plushie and embraces it tight*
*swirls towards the right side of the stage, stumbles on a small bronze Buddha, catches self before the fall*
*picks up an inflatable globe, dervishes back to center stage*
*stabs an oversize acupuncture needle into Paris, deflating the world while smirking*
*tosses flat world on the ground, stomps on it*
*does victory pose*

...would that do?

I have always doubted your mental stability. Maybe you should get Mind attendance duty as a brain idea?

And also, Scotland is returning to Celtic Druidism!

And now, a serious note, you're gonna get in trouble with selling all that land.

Last edited:
A quick count of foreign-owned provinces in Europe: 144
Since you own less than half of Europe, I would guesstimate that there are a total of ~260 provinces in Europe (the easiest way to see exactly how many there are would be to look in the region definitions document). Not included in this total is the number of provinces you will have to take back from your vassals and convert.

If you are only going to get 350 more missionaries I would recommend this, do not place missionaries in provinces before you sell them to your vassals. You cannot afford to waste 2 missionaries on provinces anymore. Just pray that Persia will be wealthy enough to send missionaries on their own.

FEEDBACK

Just wondering, what happens if Persia goes bankrupt? I know it's not important right now, as they need money to fund the missionaries and they will likely stop funding them before going bankrupt, but I wonder if going bankrupt would affect the missionaries/convert chances in other ways.
I honestly don't know what happens to placed missionaries if a country goes bankrupt - but the road there is a very, very long one - and not one likely to happen to any vassal of mine, given that I tend to feed them war subsidies whenever possible. It's sort of annoying when they 'waste' the cash on manufactories everywhere, but... :)

Ryukyu has the 4th largest income and army in the world! :D You don't see THAT every day!

Do you even need to wory with BB anymore? I think you could take on the rest of Europe as it is; although with that CHEESEy Oirat mission, BB is so easy to manage that you might as well keep it under the limit :)
Ryukyu will do even better. :)

Well... not for BadBoy wars, and not really for stability either - but it would do nasty things to my vassal relationships too. Besides, there is a limit to how fun I find it to fight rebels rather than AIs. At least the AIs will occasionally cut me a break.:p

I have always doubted your mental stability. Maybe you should get Mind attendance duty as a brain idea?

And also, Scotland is returning to Celtic Druidism!

And now, a serious note, you're gonna get in trouble with selling all that land.
I tend to question my mental stability too. Sadly, it never bothers to answer. :)

How am I going to get trouble from selling those bits of land? My vassals cannot do that much with it, short of convert it and hold it in stewardship until I reclaim it... And it's not like I'll miss any income or manpower at this point.

if they go bankrupt? i don't know what will happen :D
you'd better start colonizing the inland provinces too :D
I'm actually colonizing as fast as I can - my biggest concern is sending colonists in batches, so I'm not caught on that darn 'colonist across the date line' savefile crash bug.

An animist Anatolia? The land of the Goddess Kybele returning to its origins???
Not to worry, they'll be introduced to the Hindu pantheon soon enough. :)

I did not understand, why are you selling those provinces?
Anything I sell to Persia, I'm selling with a missionary placed. The missionary stays during the transition, so once Persia takes the province, they'll fund the missionary to convert the province to Animism... Later, I'll attack Persia - and then I'll have a new place to spread animism from. Essentially, by selling them land in western Europe, I'm making a 'bridgehead' there for animism so that I stand a chance at converting the entire continent by 1821. :)

I tend to sell provinces without a missionary to Ryukyu, since they're Narrowminded enough and rich enough to place missionaries out of their own reserves.

A quick count of foreign-owned provinces in Europe: 144
Since you own less than half of Europe, I would guesstimate that there are a total of ~260 provinces in Europe (the easiest way to see exactly how many there are would be to look in the region definitions document). Not included in this total is the number of provinces you will have to take back from your vassals and convert.

If you are only going to get 350 more missionaries I would recommend this, do not place missionaries in provinces before you sell them to your vassals. You cannot afford to waste 2 missionaries on provinces anymore. Just pray that Persia will be wealthy enough to send missionaries on their own.
Thank you so much. :)

I'm still relying on the 'wave' technique for most of Europe, and the goodwill of pagan vassals for most of the rest... but there are some tricky places I have to pre-place missionaries for. Level 4 forts, for instance. I've had one level 4 fort under siege for a couple of decades now, and any sort of rebel that shows up nearby has been directed there. It's quite a sight, some twenty thousand assorted animists/nationalists/patriots/catholics all staring down two hundred survivors within a crumbling fortress.

Your count makes me rather optimistic... I might pull this off yet. :)

Part 78 - Land for Sale, part III

EU3_585.jpg
The land sale continues. Toledo goes to Persia.

EU3_586.jpg
Discontents are shipped to South America.

EU3_587.jpg
Building manufactories is far too expensive at this stage, not to mention time-consuming.

EU3_588.jpg
Braganca is sold to Persia.

EU3_589.jpg
Dewa, to Ryukyu.

EU3_590.jpg
Aragon to Persia.

EU3_591.jpg
Parisians, meet your new neighbors, the Persians.

EU3_592.jpg
We can't let the Londoners be treated any differently.

EU3_593.jpg
Normandie is sold to Persia.

EU3_594.jpg
As is Caux...

December 22nd, 1658 - Beloozero is force-converted to shamanism.

EU3_596.jpg
...Picardie...

EU3_597.jpg
...Calais...

EU3_598.jpg
...Armor...

EU3_599.jpg
...and Palermo.

I have to admit, my path through France was not that well thought through. See, most of those provinces (Auvergne, Bourbon, Orleanais, Normandie...) have foreign cores still - not French, but French Minor cores. Why is that important? Well, by selling the lands to Persia, I lose any claims I might have had, and when I reconquer the lands, they start with full nationalism. Thus, those provinces will spawn nationalist rebels until nationalism dies down, despite an active missionary. The problem resolves in time, of course, but it was a bit annoying to discover. :)

March 21st, 1660 - Archangelsk is force-converted to shamanism.

EU3_601.jpg
Long overdue, we reach Govt 25, opening up the next national idea slot.

EU3_602.jpg
At this stage, our economy is solid and there are few national ideas left we really need. Land of Opportunity is picked, since we have lots of colonies being built.

EU3_603.jpg
Persia grows still. Napoli...

September 18th, 1660 - Malindi is force-converted to animism.

EU3_605.jpg
Skjælland...

July 31st, 1661 - Narjan is force-converted to animism.

EU3_607.jpg
...and Skåne.

Now... we wait. Persia will need a few years to convert these lands now. :)

Last edited:
You double-posted the Idea screenshot in the Napoli slot.

Regarding the pies, I would suggest going ahead and editing the save file at the end of the game to have all provinces producing the same good. For maximum awesomeness, I'd suggest grabbing a "cheese" trade good out of some mod that has such a thing (I think Magna Mundi does) and making that the sole product of the world. Of course this assumes that you succeed in completing the other three pies.

Nice dance, btw! :rofl:

You double-posted the Idea screenshot in the Napoli slot.

Regarding the pies, I would suggest going ahead and editing the save file at the end of the game to have all provinces producing the same good. For maximum awesomeness, I'd suggest grabbing a "cheese" trade good out of some mod that has such a thing (I think Magna Mundi does) and making that the sole product of the world. Of course this assumes that you succeed in completing the other three pies.

Nice dance, btw! :rofl:
D'oh. Fixed the screens. I blame photobucket for its supposed autocopy feature that doesn't always work. :)

I might do such an edit, but only if I complete the other three "fair and square". As for the dance; I live to s(w)erve... :p

[size=-2]...just for the Waltz Tango Foxtrot value...[/size]

*dons Confucius Cosplay outfit*
*ballerina-tippietoes to the left side of the stage*
*picks up Ganesha-plushie and embraces it tight*
*swirls towards the right side of the stage, stumbles on a small bronze Buddha, catches self before the fall*
*picks up an inflatable globe, dervishes back to center stage*
*stabs an oversize acupuncture needle into Paris, deflating the world while smirking*
*tosses flat world on the ground, stomps on it*
*does victory pose*

...would that do?

Tasteful, is it on YouTube? :rofl:

Overall looks promising.

Can't Persia afford missionaries of its own or is there another potential wealthy narrowminded Pagan vassal - say Bihar?

FEEDBACK

Tasteful, is it on YouTube? :rofl:

Overall looks promising.

Can't Persia afford missionaries of its own or is there another potential wealthy narrowminded Pagan vassal - say Bihar?
I do not broadcast myself in such a fashion; I prefer words over the more in-your-face approach - save screenshots, that is. :p

Approaching 1725, my greatest concern is pretty much Ryukyu's army/navy. Feeding them land has sort of made them a bit powerful. Good thing they don't westernize. :)

Persia probably could - but the AI tends to prioritise building everything else before placing a missionary. I couldn't afford waiting thirty years while they built their manufactories and such. Also, most of my vassals tend to be 'poor' unless subsidised.

The Persian shah must be quite happy with the shape of his Empire... :rofl:
Not to worry, he won't have to be unhappy about it for too long. :)

Part 79 - Operation Austria Begins

December 10th, 1661 - Novgorod is force-converted to shamanism.

April 12th, 1662 - Asir is force-converted to animism.

November 3rd, 1662 - Mecca is force-converted to animism.

February 21st, 1663 - Lamu is force-converted to animism.

EU3_612.jpg
Exit France. And good riddens. :p

November 19th, 1664 - Jeolla is force-converted to shamanism.

January 22nd, 1666 - Cairo is force-converted to animism.

EU3_615.jpg
Of all the lands we sold Persia, only Napoli has not yet converted. This is good enough; we have to get those new animist wavefronts running sooner rather than later. The alliance is ended, the vassalship cancelled, and on May 12th, 1666, war is declared.

EU3_616.jpg
They've built a fair police force.

August 31st, 1666 - Aleppo is force-converted to animism.

October 23rd, 1666 - Diamientia is force-converted to animism.

June 8th, 1667 - Adana is force-converted to animism.

November 8th, 1667 - Angora is force-converted to animism.

EU3_621.jpg
Persia is overcome like a speedbump - slight discomfort, and then it's in the past. To make matters even better, the missionary in Napoli finished up before we won the siege there. :)

April 12th, 1668 - Tunis is force-converted to animism.

EU3_645.jpg
Ming has had nearly a decade of peace save the Persian shuffle... but no more. Poland attacks Germany, Austria attacks Poland.

EU3_646.jpg
So, naturally, Ming attacks Austria. May 10th, 1668, the war starts.

EU3_647.jpg
This is the last serious contender, and Austria has picked almost exclusively Military national ideas.

EU3_648.jpg
Of course... they still use outdated cavalry. Their main force in the south is thus gone, most of the other larger stacks are busy fighting Poland.

EU3_649.jpg
Cologne is taken out.

June 10th, 1668 - Kastamon is force-converted to animism.

EU3_651.jpg
Chinese forces are spread thin to start sieges. Most enemy forces are busy with Poland still.

EU3_652.jpg
Their numbers are going down fast, though.

EU3_655.jpg
Austrians returning from Poland are greeted with awe... and Shock.

EU3_656.jpg
Fifty regiments, and barely a tenth of that in actual numbers.

EU3_658.jpg
Soon enough, both numbers are zero. :)

EU3_659.jpg
Not much left of Austria's forces now. In fact, that's Finland's army.

February 11th, 1669 - Beirut is force-converted to animism.

March 29th, 1669 - Sinope is force-converted to animism.

EU3_663.jpg
And then it's not. At this stage, it is just a matter of sieging.

September 26th, 1669 - Mogadishu is force-converted to animism.

EU3_665.jpg
Finland is dealt with quickly.

EU3_667.jpg
Gold and diamond hunters flock to southern Africa.

cologne , gone , finland , OPMized , austria ... still pretty big and will need a lot of wars to annex :D
persia finished her work ^^ good
they are integrated back into the evil chinese empire :D

Sorry, i still don't get why you want to sell the regions away with missionaries so that they convert to animism? Aren't you confucian or similar?

Sorry, i still don't get why you want to sell the regions away with missionaries so that they convert to animism? Aren't you confucian or similar?

Animist regions will convert to your religion and culture, whereas all other religions will only convert religion, not culture. Hes going for a Hindi Han world.