• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The lack of apocalyptic wars is because, firstly, human players tend to be much more reasonable than either the AI, or historical politicians; and secondly, the warfare model is a bit broken. Armies can disappear completely, which basically never happened in real life; there's no model of last-ditch Volksturm mobilisation - the partisans are annoying, sure, but they're not a serious threat to someone who has no regular opposition - and, of course, only bits and bytes are dying, so you can't pressure your victorious opponent by saying "Well, you've got me, but I can still kill another half-a-million of your countrymen". (Real politicians tend to be sensitive to that sort of thing, oddly enough.) So wars usually end as soon as one side or the other gets a clear advantage. The sort of equally-matched stalemate we've got on the Persian front is pretty unusual, and even that relies on our stacking rules - if China could just put its entire army in one big Dragon Attack Stack Stance, their superior numbers would roll right over us.

The Twenty Years' War in the other timeline could happen because I was fighting the AI, which is designed to put up a good fight rather than be reasonable and save its country for another day. If Burgundy had been human-played I'd have been crushed like a bug. (Then again, possibly I might have built a larger regular army in that case.) So playing humans has its pros and cons - you get a lot of interesting diplomacy, but the purpose of diplomacy is after all either to avoid actual fighting, or else to make any fighting that does occur as one-sided as possible. So you get rather fewer apocalyptic, fight-to-the-last-ditch, mobilise-the-girls-of-twelve wars.

My brother Jodokus is now the new perm for Georgia

He told me to post this becouse he cannot create a account to paradox himself:

The reason why he joined the anti-france gang was being a sub and having dull time. When the asians attacked he had 6 divs in the east. Once he got his rest of divisions there, he had to send them so sparcely to each direction so he was greatly outnumbered. Once the asians whiped out his army, he got the info he was now a new perm...

Not only that but Itameriaca is keeping most of its troops at its capital so it seems that it is mainly Norway and what left of Georgia to fight against the East.

Ah, but also China is keeping a very large garrison on its eminently invadable coastline, and who can blame them? And Indonesia is doing something similar. You'll observe that the numbers are not very uneven on the actual fighting front. What's more, the Indonesians are very far behind in army techs; the Ynglinga Hird has demonstrated a clear superiority, man for man. (Although, of course, we do not deny that the Asians are excellent fighting material, given modern equipment and white officers.) Also note that Japan's regular army has been essentially destroyed, and they have not mobilised; until they do so, they are a nearly negligible factor in land fighting, and if anything even more invadable than China.

Last edited:
He told me to post this becouse he cannot create a account to paradox himself:

He needs to post in the regular forum before he can post in the AAR forums.

Ah, but also China is keeping a very large garrison on its eminently invadable coastline, and who can blame them? And Indonesia is doing something similar. You'll observe that the numbers are not very uneven on the actual fighting front. What's more, the Indonesians are very far behind in army techs; the Ynglinga Hird has demonstrated a clear superiority, man for man. (Although, of course, we do not deny that the Asians are excellent fighting material, given modern equipment and white officers.) Also note that Japan's regular army has been essentially destroyed, and they have not mobilised; until they do so, they are a nearly negligible factor in land fighting, and if anything even more invadable than China.

It seems that Yinglings haven't scored many victories in this war as they keep bragging about 19 divisions that get trapped because Transvaal signed peace deal and left them deep in enemy territory.

We also re-took Baku in an epic battle, stopped the Indonesian counterattack along the Caspian shore in its tracks, forced Africa out of the war without a shot fired, made the Chinese fleet flee the Med in ignominious haste, and our Italian allies recaptured the Med islands in a month; a hundred thousand Chinese marched into captivity. All this, you'll note, while redeploying from our victorious campaign against France. What has Japan done? Occupied the Empty Quarter of Arabia against no opposition, and lost its expeditionary force in futile banzai charges into the machine guns.

I should point out that I have nearly 200 to 300 mobilized reserves that finally finished reporting for duty and ARENT tied down to coastal defence, I fully intend to commit these to front line combat.

Victory is victory. If the Ynglings are skilled at diplomacy as well as warfare, nu, they're not proud. They'll take what they can get. Besides, I note there wasn't much movement on the German front, while the Italian beachhead expanded every week with the savage drive of the barrels and the deadly accuracy of the naval guns.

I don't think that would work. The French, as we all know, are prone to atrocity and allowing war to interfere with the workings of the civilian economy; I doubt they would think twice about stooping to mining the Rhine. Then you would have no shallow-draft gunboats and no civilian traffic either. I'm afraid that in the next war, you'll have to dig them out the old-fashioned way, one artillery shell at a time!

The German Haubitze divisions stand by if ready, of course, they tend to be more effective for the Wacht am Rhein operations I feel than on the attack, but I have yet to do a statistical analysis of the latest police action.

I don't think that would work. The French, as we all know, are prone to atrocity and allowing war to interfere with the workings of the civilian economy;

French-Norwegian relations reach ever new lows don't they?

I should point out that I have nearly 200 to 300 mobilized reserves that finally finished reporting for duty and ARENT tied down to coastal defence, I fully intend to commit these to front line combat.
Why mention it? It allows Norway to prepare reserves for defence too...

Unless your plan is invasion of American coast along with Danomite, and its a ploy to lure Norwegian forces to the other side of the planet...

French-Norwegian relations reach ever new lows don't they?

Eh. I think we have some way to go before we reach the incandescent fury of Norwegian/Breton relations after the Second Occupation. Have you read the April POTM thread over in OT? :D

Eh. I think we have some way to go before we reach the incandescent fury of Norwegian/Breton relations after the Second Occupation. Have you read the April POTM thread over in OT? :D

I read it in the original thread. ;)

I just don't understand! There could be peace and harmony between us! We could form a bond stronger than the one which keeps Fenris at bay! French and Norwegian children could go frolicking across the channel on a bridge of rose petals while angels above sang their praises! An era of peace and prosperity could last until the very concept of war between our nations would be alien to us; a curious artifact from barbarious times of interest only to archaeologists!